“Beautiful relaxing spa” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 182 hotels in Austin
“Beautiful relaxing spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Only stayed one night and didn't have a spa treatment, but did visit the spa. They are currently doing grounds improvements so I'd say the environment will only get better, but I found it very peaceful and relaxing. Tucked away in the hills outside of Austin, it is very tranquil. Had a sandwich for lunch and an amazing breakfast and dinner. Dinner was already gluten-free so I didn't even have to worry about it.

Meeting facility was very nice. Staff was very helpful without being intrusive. Room was very clean with nice amenities and hill country view. I didn't get to do many of the activites, but there was a huge selection that would appeal to just about anyone. Found the trails a bit confusing, but still enjoyed the hike.

Overall, I would give an A+ and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Rooms are a bit spread out. If you prefer workout more than spa, you might inquire on your room loc...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
LangfordBL,
Thanks for our A+ here at Travaasa! We're so glad that you enjoyed our helpful staff and beautiful spa and that our meeting facility worked well for you. I hope that next time you return to us, you'll be able to enjoy our activities and services.
Best regards,

405 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I planned a surprise day for my Mom's birthday at Travaasa and it could not have been any better. We did the total Travaasa Day package and it was well worth it and for a very fair price. Accommodations were fantastic.....Beautiful yoga room, awesome view, comfortable sauna and hot tub, well stocked locker rooms, cozy and private treatment rooms. The spa services were the best that we have received at a spa, she was extremely knowledgeable and professional. The entire staff was extremely accommodating, friendly and happy to help. We will be back and hopefully stay a few nights this time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TravaasaMNGR, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
JennyJanda,
So glad that you joined us for a Total Travaasa Day with your mom and that it couldn't have been any better. We hope that you do decide to join us for an overnight stay so that you can totally relax without having to drive home after your spa day.
Many happy returns!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Travaasa is a life-changing experience. I took my sister here for her 40th birthday and we both left transformed. The classes, spa, and "experiences" are amazing, the food 5-star, and the property is a beautiful oasis that wraps you up in its perfect cocoon. Unlike many high-end destination spas, Travaasa's staff is incredibly warm and truly lives Travaasa's holistic mentality. I departed Travaasa completely inspired -- and counting the days until I return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Kyla M,
We're honored that you selected us to help you celebrate your sister's birthday. We are glad that we inspired you and are also counting the days until you return to us.
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a visit to Travaasa Austin, inspired by a stay earlier in the year at the Travaasa in Hana, Maui, which we loved. Both hotels were exceptional and offer very intimate sense-of-place experiences.

Our Travaassa Austin stay was wonderful from start to finish. The property is nestled perfectly in its surroundings, with accommodations in separate buildings as opposed to the big hotel multi-floor approach that I always find mundane. Our room had spectacular views in two directions and was very comfy. The cuisine in the dining room was delicious -- we were there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

We availed ourselves of the spa for a hot stone massage (ahhh) and a honey massage (double ahhh). The Equine Experience is not to be missed. Even if you're not a 'horse person", learning how to establish a rapport with the horse is a metaphor for human relationships, and everyone who participated was transformed. Cowboys Keith and Jody were amazing.

And that leads to the staff, who couldn't have been warmer or more accommodating. They really made our stay at Travaasa incomparable.

I only wish we could have stayed longer, but we'll definitely be back in the new year for another dose of Travaasa.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Malia8,
We're so glad that you enjoyed both of our Travaasa properties so much. We're proud that our properties honor the unique environment that surrounds them and try to honor the culture of the area with our array of activities, and it sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed our efforts. We hope that you return to us again in 2013.
Warm regards,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager, Austin
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

A truly unique property, reminded my wife and I of summer camp (but for adults). We only spent two nights there but we're able to do so much. We did the challenge course, took a hike, had 3 spa treatments, yoga class, fitness class, and horse back riding lessons. The schedule of events is posted on there website well in advance. I would advise planning your schedule in advance, booking your spa and paid classes before you go and then signing up for the daily events 1 day ahead (once you get there you can do it at the welcome center).
The food is also very good! Fresh, imaginative, clean preparations that were also healthy and wholesome. Not the typical all inclusive fare you may expect.
The rooms were decent, nothing too special actually, but clean and comfortable. I anticipated a bit more luxury however I don't think that's what this place is all about. It is a place of wellness, fitness, self discovery, adventure and some pampering, but with that being said you could scale down the activities and just relax by the pool, hit the spa and soak up the beautiful scenery.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jchef12,
Glad you enjoyed our summer (or winter) camp for adults. We aim to provide our guests with fun and unique classes and it sounds like you took full advantage of our activities. We're glad you discovered us and hope you return to us soon,
Flossmoor, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I cannot say enough about this stay. The staff was superbly friendly and accomodating. They met my every need, from smiles, opening doors, welcoming, to even sending me off with warm muffins in the early hours the day I left. I was here for a solo trip to relax. The scenery was gorgeous and my room was comfortable. They provided bottled water and coffee and tea on a complimentary basis everywhere. I had yoga and meditation, spa services , a wine tasting, and coooking classes. All experiences were wonderful, cozy, and very educational. The food was fresh, seasonal, and out of this world! I must acknowledge the supervisor I talked to on the last night, Susan for yoga, Martha for the cooking demos, Tracey in the spa, Ashley and Harley in the restaurant, Edward for the wine tasting, and many others. Thanks chef-your food was devine!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
LivetheWay,
I am so glad that you felt pampered by all the staff here at Travaasa. We aim to please and it sounds like you enjoyed all of your experiences here. We hope you return to enjoy another visit with us soon.
All the best,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place is truly a gem;) The staff is exceptional, from the moment you check in until the moment you leave the property, at every meal, class, hike, and spa appointment in between, they will tend of every detail of you stay. The property is set in a beautiful cedar hillside and offers everything from meditation classes to fear-busting challenge courses that have you crossing bridges 40 ft in the air and completely redefining your personal limitations. The food is excellent- an interactive, creative Chef on site who creates masterfully tasty dishes for all 3 meals each day using locally sourced ingredients and his own signature eclectic style. The massage here was the best I've had in my life. Ever. Most of all- the people who work at Travaasa are, authentic and genuine- they appear as though they enjoy what they are doing 100% and enjoy doing whatever they can to make your stay optimal in all ways. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. We're already planning our next visit (my mum, sister and I).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Alanna R,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We're so glad that you had such a great time and hope to see you (and your mum and sister) again soon.
All the best,
Kristine

Been to Travaasa Austin? Share your experiences!