“Transformative Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dallas, Texas
“Transformative Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Travaasa is a life-changing experience. I took my sister here for her 40th birthday and we both left transformed. The classes, spa, and "experiences" are amazing, the food 5-star, and the property is a beautiful oasis that wraps you up in its perfect cocoon. Unlike many high-end destination spas, Travaasa's staff is incredibly warm and truly lives Travaasa's holistic mentality. I departed Travaasa completely inspired -- and counting the days until I return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
TravaasaMNGR, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Kyla M,
We're honored that you selected us to help you celebrate your sister's birthday. We are glad that we inspired you and are also counting the days until you return to us.
Kristine Huffman, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a visit to Travaasa Austin, inspired by a stay earlier in the year at the Travaasa in Hana, Maui, which we loved. Both hotels were exceptional and offer very intimate sense-of-place experiences.

Our Travaassa Austin stay was wonderful from start to finish. The property is nestled perfectly in its surroundings, with accommodations in separate buildings as opposed to the big hotel multi-floor approach that I always find mundane. Our room had spectacular views in two directions and was very comfy. The cuisine in the dining room was delicious -- we were there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

We availed ourselves of the spa for a hot stone massage (ahhh) and a honey massage (double ahhh). The Equine Experience is not to be missed. Even if you're not a 'horse person", learning how to establish a rapport with the horse is a metaphor for human relationships, and everyone who participated was transformed. Cowboys Keith and Jody were amazing.

And that leads to the staff, who couldn't have been warmer or more accommodating. They really made our stay at Travaasa incomparable.

I only wish we could have stayed longer, but we'll definitely be back in the new year for another dose of Travaasa.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Malia8,
We're so glad that you enjoyed both of our Travaasa properties so much. We're proud that our properties honor the unique environment that surrounds them and try to honor the culture of the area with our array of activities, and it sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed our efforts. We hope that you return to us again in 2013.
Warm regards,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager, Austin
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

A truly unique property, reminded my wife and I of summer camp (but for adults). We only spent two nights there but we're able to do so much. We did the challenge course, took a hike, had 3 spa treatments, yoga class, fitness class, and horse back riding lessons. The schedule of events is posted on there website well in advance. I would advise planning your schedule in advance, booking your spa and paid classes before you go and then signing up for the daily events 1 day ahead (once you get there you can do it at the welcome center).
The food is also very good! Fresh, imaginative, clean preparations that were also healthy and wholesome. Not the typical all inclusive fare you may expect.
The rooms were decent, nothing too special actually, but clean and comfortable. I anticipated a bit more luxury however I don't think that's what this place is all about. It is a place of wellness, fitness, self discovery, adventure and some pampering, but with that being said you could scale down the activities and just relax by the pool, hit the spa and soak up the beautiful scenery.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jchef12,
Glad you enjoyed our summer (or winter) camp for adults. We aim to provide our guests with fun and unique classes and it sounds like you took full advantage of our activities. We're glad you discovered us and hope you return to us soon,
Flossmoor, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I cannot say enough about this stay. The staff was superbly friendly and accomodating. They met my every need, from smiles, opening doors, welcoming, to even sending me off with warm muffins in the early hours the day I left. I was here for a solo trip to relax. The scenery was gorgeous and my room was comfortable. They provided bottled water and coffee and tea on a complimentary basis everywhere. I had yoga and meditation, spa services , a wine tasting, and coooking classes. All experiences were wonderful, cozy, and very educational. The food was fresh, seasonal, and out of this world! I must acknowledge the supervisor I talked to on the last night, Susan for yoga, Martha for the cooking demos, Tracey in the spa, Ashley and Harley in the restaurant, Edward for the wine tasting, and many others. Thanks chef-your food was devine!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
LivetheWay,
I am so glad that you felt pampered by all the staff here at Travaasa. We aim to please and it sounds like you enjoyed all of your experiences here. We hope you return to enjoy another visit with us soon.
All the best,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place is truly a gem;) The staff is exceptional, from the moment you check in until the moment you leave the property, at every meal, class, hike, and spa appointment in between, they will tend of every detail of you stay. The property is set in a beautiful cedar hillside and offers everything from meditation classes to fear-busting challenge courses that have you crossing bridges 40 ft in the air and completely redefining your personal limitations. The food is excellent- an interactive, creative Chef on site who creates masterfully tasty dishes for all 3 meals each day using locally sourced ingredients and his own signature eclectic style. The massage here was the best I've had in my life. Ever. Most of all- the people who work at Travaasa are, authentic and genuine- they appear as though they enjoy what they are doing 100% and enjoy doing whatever they can to make your stay optimal in all ways. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. We're already planning our next visit (my mum, sister and I).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Travaasa_GM_Austin, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Alanna R,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We're so glad that you had such a great time and hope to see you (and your mum and sister) again soon.
All the best,
Kristine
boston, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

i love the crunch of rocks under my feet as i'm walking the grounds. sunrise yoga was fantastic-my first visit was a group of girlfriends-that was wonderful.

my second visit was with my husband and equally pleasurable.

can't wait for the next visit. i felt like i was "home".

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
TravaasaMNGR, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
kg929,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed our property both times you were here. We're happy that we were able to provide a great girls getaway and a retreat for you and your husband.
Happy New Year and we look forward to welcoming you back home again in 2013.
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My spa visit was a gift from my company for many extra hours worked during evenings and weekends. I thoroughly enjoyed every precious moment at Travaasa. The grounds were beautiful and serene, the food was delicious and the spa treatments were wonderful. I will definately return for another visit! Thank you for a great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
TravaasaMNGR, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
CJZHouston_TX,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Travaasa! We're honored that your company picked us to reward you for all your hard work and we're thrilled that we fulfilled their hope to make you feel that your time here was precious. I hope that we see you back here again soon. Happy Holidays,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager

Been to Travaasa Austin? Share your experiences!