“Fantastic spa resort” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Houston, TX
“Fantastic spa resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My spa visit was a gift from my company for many extra hours worked during evenings and weekends. I thoroughly enjoyed every precious moment at Travaasa. The grounds were beautiful and serene, the food was delicious and the spa treatments were wonderful. I will definately return for another visit! Thank you for a great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
TravaasaMNGR, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
CJZHouston_TX,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Travaasa! We're honored that your company picked us to reward you for all your hard work and we're thrilled that we fulfilled their hope to make you feel that your time here was precious. I hope that we see you back here again soon. Happy Holidays,

410 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went for a long weekend with my husband in August 2012. Got an upgraded room which gave us a beautiful view from the balcony! The room was large & the bathroom was very nice. The pool was very relaxing & the food was great! This is a place for quiet relaxation. Hope we can return soon!

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room so you can enjoy the view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
txuszq,
I'm so glad you joined us for a long weekend with your husband for a little quiet relaxation. We also hope you can return soon. Happy holidays,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was searching for a place that was convenient to access, as I live in Houston. No airport to deal with, relatively short drive (three hours) and I was in another world. Was totally at home there, felt safe, as I had travelled alone. Beautiful grounds, excellent staff and service, and lovely spa treatments. All but one of the meals were excellent; one of the salads was boring. The fitness and wellness facilities were perfect for what I wanted; there is a lot to choose from.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Anne56003,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review of Travaasa. We're so glad that you found our staff, services and grounds helped you have a "perfect getaway" and that you felt totally at home. We look forward to welcoming you back home for your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Recently went to Travaasa Austin for a meeting. This was a welcome break and the perfect place to reconnect with people and enjoy some downtime. Rooms were well-appointed, with balconies overlooking the Texas Hill Country, comfortable beds. Meals were deliciously prepared, and I loved the variety of freshly-made salad dressings at each meal. Lots of places to escape the hustle of every day life, including random hammocks in the trees. Overall, our group seemed to really enjoy the time at Travaasa.

Room Tip: Rooms are in smaller buildings, none are too far from restaurant or meeting spaces. Some may be fart...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TravaasaMNGR, General Manager at Travaasa Austin, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Flomostayc,
Glad you enjoyed your meeting here at Travaasa. We're so pleased you enjoyed our fresh, farm-to-table food and that you took the opportunity to relax and enjoy some down time. I hope that you and your group come back to see us soon.
Best wishes,
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I'd been looking at staying at Travaasa Austin for our anniversary for MONTHS and luckily travelzoo ran a promotion that we could not pass up. :) From the moment you pull up to the gate, you feel like you have entered an oasis. You drive up this huge winding hill to the welcome center and are greeted by a very warm staff. We were shown to our room that was situated all the way at the back of the property. It was so peaceful. We had a canyon view room, and I believe it is smaller than the trail view, but we didn't really mind. The view from the balcony was breathtaking. We arrived late in the afternoon so most of the activities were over for the day but we decided to head out to the hiking trail. It's 2.5 miles if you do the whole thing, and not only a great workout, but very pretty as well. Such a peaceful way to start the trip! We opted to eat dinner on the property that evening and were amazed at how incredible it was! I loved how the nutrition information was listed on the menu as well. We had been told to make a reservation so we did, and there were only maybe 3 other tables in use. The next morning we had another incredible meal, this time out on the terrace. I took a Pilates class with Heather. What a workout!!! I think often times people think of Pilates as just a lot of stretching, but it really challenged me. It was great. Lunch was again fabulous and so fresh. I also spent some time at the spa, and opted to get the honey massage treatment with Amalie (sp?). It was beyond relaxing, and a great combo for someone looking for a massage and not necessarily a full facial, but something that incorporates it. The mask left my skin so clean and healthy feeling. She even sent me with the leftover and told me how to use it! Another great thing about this resort is that yes, it is 4 stars, but you see people mainly dressed in workout clothes and even spa robes. There is no expectation of needing to be dressed up. This part was especially appealing to my husband. Ladies, especially those with a "Texas boy" type like mine, will appreciate this. :) The second night, they once again recommended reservations, but we didn't take them too seriously, as the night before there were so few people. Well, we should have listened that night! There was a farm to table dinner with several chefs fom the area coming to prepare meals. We really wish we would have listened as I'm sure it would have been incredible! We wound up going into downtown Austin that evening, as it was not too far (maybe 30 minutes). The next morning we had to leave and we were so sad to go. We both agree we can't wait to return! The ONLY negative was that the first night the wind was so bad that because of my husband's allergies we were forced to use the AC and it was beyond loud (like something I'd expect in a 2-3 star hotel) that we woke up every time it kicked on. Luckily the 2nd night we were able to open the windows and get some sleep. If you go during the summer, bring earplugs. In the winter, hopefully you will be fine. All in all, can't wait to return. We left feeling sore from the workouts (love this!) relaxed, and like we'd had a true vacation! You won't regret going!

Room Tip: If you want a bigger room go with the trail view
MarissaKC,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review! I'm glad you enjoyed so many of the activities, food and services here. I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience with your air conditioner. You'll be happy to hear that we're upgrading many of our rooms here - including putting in central air, so that it will be much quieter for your next visit.
All the best,
College Station, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had a group of 12 stay at Travaasa and it was truly amazing. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly. The unique activities gave a fun camp-like environment, and the dining was out of this world! Overall, there is an atmosphere of tranquility, with a undercurrent of high energy! I can't wait to return!

Karen W,
I'm so glad that your group had a great time here at Travaasa. We try to offer great programming, so I'm glad that you found us amazing. I hope y'all return again soon. Please contact me personally so that I can do something special for your group to help you celebrate during your next get-away.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Found this spot by pure chance. Much needed getaway and looking for a place to relax and this was the perfect place for a few days to recharge. Weather was perfect in November. Had a wonderful view from our room, excellent spa services, and the reflection pool looking out over Lake Travers and the Canyons was quite lovely for lunch and a swim. We enjoyed guided meditation in a peaceful environment, relaxing in a hammock and some great hikes in the 200 acre grounds.

Room Tip: We were in Canyon View, second floor, Brazos - beautiful view of canyons.
LMK7,
We're so glad you enjoyed our peaceful place in the Texas hills. I'm glad that you found us and took the chance to take your much-needed getaway here. We hope that you return again soon,
Kristine Huffman, General Manager

Been to Travaasa Austin? Share your experiences!