“Good ambinece; very good food;” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vince Young Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 2,938 Restaurants in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 3rd Street
Description: Vince Young Steakhouse is a chic, inviting and locally owned Austin fine dining restaurant serving the finest steaks, wines and desserts in a downtown lively atmosphere with exceptional service.We proudly serve Aged USDA Prime Beef Filet Mignon, Bone-In New York Strip, Ribeye, Bone-In Ribeye, Porterhouse and, our most notable steak, The Perfect Ten, is cut from Texas Akaushi Beef raised in Yoakum, Texas.Our in-house sommelier puts together wine lists to perfectly complement your dining experience. Our bar and lounge offers an extensive, rare Scotch and Bourbon menu, as well as fine cigars. From 5 to 7 pm, our daily Happy Hour specials feature $5 off all bar menu items, $4 beers, $3 off any wine by the glass, $2 off any specialty cocktail and $1 off premium well drinks.Bacon Mac and Cheese, Hand Cut Fries, Crab Cakes, French Onion Soup, Short Rib Chili, Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb, Grilled Duck Breast, and Wagyu Brisket Burger are other local favorites at Vince Young Steakhouse.
Houston
“Good ambinece; very good food;”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

I'm in Austin attending a conference at the Four Seasons and asked for a steak house within walking distance. As a solo diner, I wanted something nice and comfortable. I ordered the wedge salad, a 6 oz filet and the au gratin potatoes. My server, Billy, was very attentive, spoke with me and made me feel welcome. The GM also came by and spoke with me and we discussed the restaurant and others on the map I was studying. My meal was very good, but not fantastic. My wedge was sufficiently large and flavorful. My steak was ordered medium and arrived medium well to well, but I didn't send it back because it was very flavorful and tender. Still, I would have liked it cooked as ordered. I didn't really want to wait. The potatoes were a little undercooked, and ok. The portion was huge (they are sides and could easily serve 2-3 people. The wine I ordered was an Italian Pinot Grigio and very nice. The place is just dark enough to feel cozy and the decor is not what you would expect from a sports figure - there are beads hanging from a very tall ceiling in a curved shape - I wanted to flick them, so when I asked the waiter if they were fixed or moving, he went over and gently flicked them for me, so I could see for myself! The music is jazzy, but gentle and not too loud. I found it very pleasant. I can't compare it to other local steak houses, but I think it's worth a look.

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati, OH
“Steak was excellent, rest was OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

The menu was fairly typical for a high end steakhouse. I started with a wedge salad, and it was mostly wedge without a lot of dressing or other ingredients. It was also somewhat small, which would have been fine if it had been baby iceberg, which I think has more flavor and is usually fork tender.

Sides are are family style,I only had one - brussel sprouts. I felt they were overcooked and not roasted enough. The were somewhat mushy and only tasted of butter. They lacked any caramelization that really brings out their sweetness.

I had the bone-in ribeye, which is my favorite cut. Very flavorful, without a lot of spices to cover the natural meaty goodness. It was definitely the highlight of the meal, as it should be. I can definitely recommend it.

Other folks at the table had filet mignons, shared au gratin potatoes along with the sprouts, and had nothing but great things to say. None of us had dessert.

We ate in the bar so I can't comment too much on the decor, but the place was definitely upscale with very unique music (I want to say it was electronic reggae mixed with jazz fusion), but overall very appealing. They do have a bathroom attendant. By having the attendant, I feel like we drank less and left sooner. Or maybe I'm just out of touch and all the trendy places have them.

It wasn't crowded at all, the place had just opened and I don't think they had advertised yet, but service was attentive without being overbearing.

Overall, with the number of prime steak joints within walking distance of Vince Young's, I'm not sure I'd return if back in town. But there's potential, and they had just opened. Given a few more weeks, it could be a contender.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I'm not a big fan of visiting chain restaurants in Austin, but Rio Grande has been suprisingly good both times I've...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

I'm not a big fan of visiting chain restaurants in Austin, but Rio Grande has been suprisingly good both times I've gone. A rather small menu, but quality entrees and appetizers. Also, I quite enjoyed the queso. Besides, you've gotta love a restaurant in the old Real World House!

Been to Vince Young Steakhouse? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Vince Young Steakhouse, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.