“Delicious food and professional service” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 2,941 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Good for: Doing business, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 43rd
Description: We are proud to announce... Chef Tyson Cole, winner of the 2011 James Beard Foundation Award for Best Chef Southwest--Thank you Uchi and Uchiko family and friends for your support! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Uchiko, translated as "child of Uchi" from Japanese, is the next restaurant venture for renowned executive chef and sushi master Tyson Cole. Located in central Austin, this second location of Cole’s highly-praised Uchi presents the same excellence and energetic atmosphere of the original with some noteworthy additions. Uchiko will feature a new menu with Uchi’s same style of innovative, fresh cuisine, a main dining room that accepts reservations throughout the evening and an eat-in bar/café area.
Austin, Texas
“Delicious food and professional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Dinner at Uchiko is a delightful experience. Everything we ordered was delicious. We kept a menu and ordered as we dined. Service was professional as well as warm and friendly. From the first moment you walk in you feel welcomed. I really think the entire staff enjoys being here and it shows in their demeanor and service.
Casual but special. Great to have such an outstanding restaurant in Austin!
Can't wait to try their food at Hole in the Wall on Guadalupe by the university.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent food in Austin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I went here for his birthday dinner and it was excellent. The staff was warm and knowledgable. The dessert was some of the best we have ever tasted. Great ambiance.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Princeton, New Jersey
“Another excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Five of us shared a great array of pretty exotic and interesting dishes. All well prepared and served by experienced and knowledgeable wait staff. Always a pleasure to return to Uchiko's.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Good but no Uchi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We eat at Uchi all the time but live right near Uchiko. I want to love this place, I really do, but if you'r used to going to Uchi I just don't think the quality is the same. Still, if you'd like to try it out I definitely advise going for their happy hour!

Visited January 2013
southern california
“wow, fastastic asian fusion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was perhaps the best meal I have had in a while as far as meals go where someone else is entertaining me. My host took me there and I was surprised by the tapas style menu but quickly impressed by the amazing range of food we were served.

Visited January 2013