“W Austin!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“W Austin!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This place is so money they don't even know there money. The location is walking to everything you need. Austin City Limits (basically a rock n roll hall of fame and stage) is attached. Food, Spa and Service was as good as I've ever had Anywhere. I left a Bettanin Venturi Wingtip Shoe in my room and it was on an airplane foc the next day.

Room Tip: Any room is great you wont' be in it a whole lot. pool spa and city location takes all your tim...
Green Features: Green, green, green, green tea in the spa! They recycle - re use what can always ask you what you need to feel green
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Block Island, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I truly enjoyed my recent stay here. Great atmosphere and the employees are very courteous and helpful. I would stay here again. The spa and gym are outstanding. Gym is the nicest of all the hotels I've stayed at.

WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hello Gregoire,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the W Austin. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Sweat, and the Away Spa.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the W in Austin for business. I travel almost weekly and stay in many hotels. The service at this hotel exceeded my expectations, everything I requested was handled professionally and with a great attitude. They took care of my every request efficiently and accurately. I would definately recommend this hotel and stay again. Thank you for a great experience!!!

WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello Cris, thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am thrilled to hear that you had a nice stay and that my team was able to meet your needs in making it a memorable one. We appreciate the feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was a guest at the “W” in Austin from May 4-8 and was thoroughly impressed by the level of service and attention to detail displayed by the staff at this hotel. I noticed that even the dust rugs in front of the elevators were changed three times each day because when going to breakfast the rugs displayed “Good Morning”; in the afternoon “Good Afternoon”; etc. This may seem trivial, but I’ve found that organizations that do the little things well generally do a good job overall. The property is ideally located in the 2nd Street District so everything in the downtown area is within walking distance. When traveling to Austin in the future I will definitely plan to stay here again.

WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello Jeff, thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you enjoyed your time in the Second Street District. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am sure there are other fantastic hotels but the W in Austin is excellent. Not quite as stuffy and trandy as other W hotels. Great location near Austin City Limits and local restaurants and bars. Service very attentive. Nice pool area and the bar at night is fantastic. Room was typical W. comfortable. I was here on business mid week so odid not experieiince a weekend crowd. I will return!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Burley in Wharfedale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I arrived into Austin on business, had a full day of meetings and didnt get to the hotel till around 9.30pm, at which time I was shattered, sadly I also left the next morning early so my time in Austin was limited and at the hotel however...

The hotel is in a great location, central and feels to be one of the best places to stay, upon arrival I was greeted but not quite as well as previous W Hotels, the room was spacious, really well equipped and the bed was incredibly comfortable + I was shattered!

Breakfast the next morning was OK, the service was really slow. I got to breakfast with plenty of time before my flight but kept having to ask how long it would be (I only ordered Oatmeal) having to request more water at the table is very strange firstly in the US in general, and secondly in a top hotel.

All in all I would stay there again if I was in Austin, good location, cool hotel, polished, fun, and I am sure given more time I could have enjoyed more of what the W Austin has to offer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at the W in Austin for a 4-day business trip. I must say, it made the fact that I was there for work, seem fun and extremely relaxing. From the moment you pull up and walk into ‘the living room’ you feel the high class of this hotel. There were many special touches that made this hotel a cut above the rest: the stations of flavored water throughout the hotel, the Bliss spa products in each room, the ‘Good Morning, Good Afternoon & Good Evening’ rugs, the Happy Hour drink specials and the décor in each guest room and in the lobby.
The staff was extremely nice and accommodating. They made sure each guest felt at home and special.
I will certainly be staying here any time I’m back in Austin and would 100% recommend it to everyone.

WAustinMgr, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hello, and thank you for your recent review of the W Austin. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our amenities and atmosphere contributed to your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Drew McQuade

Been to W Austin? Share your experiences!