“Great Inexpensive Place to Stay in Austin” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #45 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Los Angeles, California
“Great Inexpensive Place to Stay in Austin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the years and they have always been on top of the reservations for multiple rooms, it's clean, the beds are nice, the room was roomy AND they serve complimentary breakfast to guests!! I especially like the management staff. I would stay there again anytime I'm in Austin.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the north side of the hotel. Sorry I have no photos to share...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
North Wales, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. Parking is free, every spot is very close to the door (40 yards at most). Very close to airport. Linens comfortable, comfy bed. Room was very quiet during a football weekend. Breakfast was pretty standard (eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, pastries) adn acceptable. Internet was very good for a hotel and able to stream Netflix, even at peak hours (8PM and 9AM rates were a steady 10mbps down, 2mbps up per speedtest.net). Shower pressure was on the lower side, but good enough for me. Rooms are big enough and the TVs are HDTVs with 50-60 channels, Will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the price, the short drive to downtown and because of the previous tripadvisor reviews. The staff was very nice, loved the warmness of the hotel and the beds were comfortable with layers of blankets and good quality sheets and pillows. I gave this hotel 4 stars because of the thin walls. We heard doors slamming all night and one of the nights I was up at 1am and watching TV and I could actually hear our neighbor snooring. The fact the I could hear the snooring over the TV was 1.impressive and 2. irritating. The water pressure in the shower was poor... it took me twice as long to take a shower. The breakfast was ok, they had waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, bagels, cereal etc. Wasn't really hot but you can bring it up to your room and microwave it... personally I just tossed mine and went and got some great food at some of the local restaurants. If you don't want to leave the hotel, their room service menu looked really good and a lot of options. This hotel is only about 3-4 miles from downtown Austin and is close to South Congress, easy drive straight down Riverside drive. I would probably stay here again...you can't beat the price for the quality of the hotel and convenience to downtown.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

A new, clean, convenient hotel. The air did not work as well as I would have liked, so the room was a little warm. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The water pressure was a little low, but OK. The staff was helpful and friendly. Since it was a business stay the price was right and the convenience was high.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I booked this hotel because it was convenient from the airport and not too far from my future-in-grandmother-in-law's house. After reading reviews online, I made sure to ask for a top floor room, which we weren't guaranteed because apparently the third floor is reserved for flight crews. When we arrived we learned we were able to get on the top floor (YAY!). The front desk was polite, although it took her awhile to check us in and give us our room keys. She also had a large tattoo on her right arm, which doesn't bother us, but could bother some. The room was very nice, clean, and much bigger than expected. The bed was comfortable enough, although we both woke up with stiff backs. The water pressure in the shower was practically non-existent and it took almost 20 minutes to rinse my hair. Breakfast was good, but the "hot" items were actually cold. I LOVED the Texas-shaped waffles! I didn't get a chance to use the pool although it looked SO inviting and was empty every time we saw it. Overall, our stay was great!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor: the floors and walls are pretty thin!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

New, clean and comfortable. Beds & bedding were wonderful ! Reasonably priced. Close to SoCo.

Service was okay although I wouldn't say it was great. We found out that the tv in our room didn't have a power cord. And when we asked for one, we were requested to change rooms instead of being offered a power cord. We refused to change room. Really, can't they just find us a cord instead of making us pack all our stuff and move? Because I refused to move rooms, and insisted on them getting me a power cord, they eventually did find me a cord and brought it to my room. Even if this is not the Ritz, I think getting us a cord should have been their default solution instead of having their guest haul an entire family of 4's luggage to another room.
So the long and short of this is: Rooms-- very nice; Service-- a little dubious but did eventually come through when we insisted.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

If I could commend this hotel for only 1 thing, it would be the great taste in decorations. I got home and painted the walls exactly the same colors as the walls in my room :). Also, the bathrooms were the biggest I had ever seen in any hotel of this category. Location is convenient if you´re landing in Austin airport and service was really good. Breakfast has the typical warm bar with scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles and bagels. Coffee was good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin Airport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!