“East side Delight” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Austin, Texas
“East side Delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Even on a warm summer Austin evening, it's a delightful treat to eat outside on the nicely expanded deck at Takoba. Across the street is the beautiful Texas State Cemetery. I hope you don't take the advice as macabre, but it would be a lovely walk before or after dinner to experience the history there.

In any event , the restaurant is a delight. Fine drinks and quite an assortment of superb draft beers. The chips and rich salsa are way above the norm. The appetizers, including the guacamole, are very good. The tacos are a specialty of the house. They and the appetizers make a nice meal.

There's usually a soup of the day, which is usually a good choice.

The chile relleno is unusually good as well.

For desert, he had a tasty flan.

Takoba is one of several new superb restaurants over the past five years on the East Side. It's also one of the best.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great outdoor space and killer tacos.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

It's a great place on east side.
Wonderful interior Mexican delights!
Great habanero-mango margarita, excellent soups, fantastic tacos and lots of draft beer. Good service and setting make me miss takoba when I haven't been there every few days.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Tex-Mex in Austin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

One of my good friends who lives in Austin took my boyfriend and I out to Takoba during our visit there. The food was exactly what we were looking for while there. The guac and shrimp ceviche were delicious starters, and we had Mexican Martinis as cocktails (imagine a dirty martini and a margarita combined... it was outstanding!) Our entrees were great, the only thing that I remember is that they asked you corn or flour, thinking taco shells, but my boyfriend's came out on a roll which was a little confusing. None the less, I would definitely go back again!

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Takoba? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Takoba, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.