“Always wonderful!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 3,158 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mo-Pac Expressway & West Braker Lane
Fort Worth, Texas
“Always wonderful!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We get to Maggianos three or four times a year and feel its a nice place to go. The restaurant itself is very nice and most folks are dressed nice reflecting the environment. My wife and son select from the buy one - bring one home portion of the menu that they find a bit better than average Italian. My Son goes to UT so the extra food is great for him to bring back. Now - I order off the rest of the menu because we are in a very nice place with a wide selection of Italian available. Everything I have ordered has been really quite good. Way above average veal and other selections for Texas Italian. My wife is Italian and we go to Italy often where I've have had fantastic pastas like on the Buy one, get One selections but in Italy they don't do meat dishes very well - not enough. So why settle for the pasta when you can have great Italian veal or chicken dishes done with enough meat to really appreciate the flavors! Anyway its a nice place for special occasions, dates or just getting out to a nice restaurant.

• Visited April 2013

Spring, Texas
“Was fair but not outstanding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The best thing about this place is that they offer you a take home pasta with your meal. Since we were staying at a hotel that was meaningless to us. I ordered spaghetti and it was good. Not the best I've ever had, but good. Value would certainly have been there if we could have taken home the complimentary pasta dish.

• Visited April 2013
Austin
“Food tasted like cafeteria food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I went with my family and tried different food. First we started with the Bruschettas. They tasted very good. The tomato tasted fresh and the combination of vegetables was very good. Later, we tried the stuffed mushrooms and we found them blend. The parmesan crusted tilapia tasted OK but nothing special. We also tried the chicken parmesan and it tasted like cafeteria food. For pasta, we had the bake Ziti and again, we found them blend like cafeteria food. For desert we had the cheesecake and the chocolate cake. The cheesecake again tasted like cafeteria cheesecake but the chocolate cake tasted like I was in heaven. I will go back only for the cake but the food was overprice for what it was. The place is very elegant and good ambiance.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“My Family's Favorite Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have eaten in three different Maggianos....the Rim in San Antonio, North Park Mall in Dallas, and the Domain in Austin. Their food and service have always been wonderful. I particularly enjoy taking family groups there because of their menu option of having family style servings. With the Classic choice, you may select three appetizers and/or salads, four entrees, and two desserts. The food is replenished as long as you want.....and left overs are sent home with you. Recently, our party of eight were at the Austin location on Easter Sunday. Our waitress was personable and efficient and the food was delicious. I highly recommend Maggianos Little Italy.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Surprisingly very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am usually not a huge fan of big chain restaurants, but it was near where we were staying so I tried it out. I had a spicy shrimp dish that was very good. Pasta was cooked well, shrimp tasted good and the sauce was delicious. I was surprised by how good my meal was. It was a good value as well. My only complaint would be how expensive some of the wine was. I always know there is a large mark up on wine, but this seemed higher than normal, either way I would recommend.

• Visited January 2013