'Twas the day before Memorial Day..... My bf, the baby & I decide to do a quickie getaway just for our lil family... So off we went to Austin..
We left pretty late evening, so it was dark.. We got to Austin around 11:30pm.. It was hard to find the street that leads to the other stret that leads to the hotel entrance. The first street was kind of cool because the road was curvy (lol) and you get to see all this big big houses by the golf courses... Yes, I said golf courses because Barton Creek have several golf courses not just one and you can only play if you have a membership with them or you're a guest of the hotel. The second street was pretty short, lead up to the hotel entrance. They need more lighting at night....
The valet guys were nice & courteous.. The bellman was even nicer. We got a lot of stuff with us because we decided to bring the baby's exersaucer/jumper & her big round floatie so she can swim with us.. hehe plus the baby's bag, her toys bag & food/formula bag, our overnight duffel & our snack bag and the baby's pillow.... yeahhh we travel with extra baggage... lol
He hauled it up, yes I know it's his job.. then he organize our stuff around the room.. Meanwhile, the check-in was easy as a breeze. They got my reservation and comply with my request for a baby crib in our room *yayyy* Oh and he went downstairs to get us our bar fridge key (yes, they locked it), and then he empty the bar enough so we can put the baby formula bottles there. Awesome blossom!!
The room was pretty roomy. It was clean & neat. The bathroom is nice but can be nicer.. The hotel looks like it's pretty old, however it's nice enough. Our bed was comfy. The baby crib looks antique hehe... Our baby slept there peacefully with her musical seahorse..
We woke up around 10-ish... Get ready & go downstairs for swimming.... *another yay* Plenty of towels for the pool which is nice! Got our spot right in front of the pool steps on the right.... The view from the pool to the golf course was amazing by the way! Got some music playing in the background which is nice... The water is perfect.... Our baby was so happy swimming away.... Around 11am the pool was packed.... It's Memorial Day so yea everyone is at the pool! No more empty recliners.... There's still people coming & some of them have to just lay their stuff on the concrete because the pool was so jam-packed! It was awesome!! The bar is cool too because they have their waiter & waitress go around with the menu and take orders.... Plusssss they serve complimentary ice coldddd water with lemon... In this hot day, that's a big big plus for you Barton Creek!
We just chilled on our lounger around the pool... Sunbathing, people watching, enjoying the view, relaxing.... It was NICE..... After that we went for a walk... There's a nature's trail... Another plus thing....
Then we went back to the comfort of our air-conditioned room.... The robe is pretty nice. We took a lil nap after shower and then we are ready to check out... Late check-out is complimentary. Another Plus for you Barton Creek! Check out was easy breezy.... Oh the valet is extra charge, you can park the car yourself if you want to, but we didn't want to, so we opt for the valet & it was worth it!! The valet got our car ready & the bellman put all our "extra baggage" in the trunk & front seat lol.... Off we go Bye Barton Creek Resort, until next time! Adiossss...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Amex, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort Club