“Visit 10/2013” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, TX 78735   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #61 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Houston, United States
“Visit 10/2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

All the staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel need to do an inspection of the room to make sure everything is in working order. Handle on toilet stuck, so had to constantly get up to jiggle the handle and lock on patio door was broke.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your gracious feedback on all aspects of your recent visit to the resort. We appreciated the feedback on the areas that were enjoyed along with the items noted for improvement. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@omnihotels.com to discuss further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Spokane, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

What a great experience! I was coordinating 12 guys with their rooms, golf, dinner, using the bar area, and breakfast. It all went amazingly smoothly. The staff went above and beyond the call of duty. We golfed at Lakeside and the staff there were top of the line as well. Dinner was amazing and the staff didn't hesistate in helping us split the bill between all of us. The rooms were comfy and the lounge area perfect for our needs. All in all we had a great experience and the staff didn't hesitate at any request. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort amenities and excellent service by our team members. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Bloomington, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Came early for a conference to play golf for two days. Played Fazio Foothills and Fazio Canyons. No question to play Canyons vs Foothills.
Rooms are fine. Dinner in the Country dining room..expensive but great steaks. The conference rooms are some of the best I have seen.
I would come back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Leawood, KS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel is dated and in much need of a refresh. The front desk was hosted by a trainee who did not know the hotel well enough to provide a good review of the property. The restaurant service was extremely slow. The fitness center equipment was dated and it did not open at the time advertised. The message center did not get messages to the intended parties.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for taking the time to provide a candid review of your stay. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@omnihotels.com to discuss further. Again, thank you for staying at Omni Barton Creek and I hope we'll have the opportunity to make things right and win back your business.
Dallas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our restaurant experience was an absolute joke. Our steaks were brought out 10-15 minutes before the sides. When the sides arrived they were extremely hot so I can only assume that the waiter forgot to put in the order. The only acknowledgement from her and the manager was a simple "we're sorry". In my opinion the experience was so completely horrendous the only possible outcome would have been for the manager to comp the entire meal and express their apologies. When we arrived at the hotel we planned on not leaving the entire time and after that meal we did not eat there again and would never recommend Barton Creek to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to provide a candid review of your stay. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while dining with us for dinner. We have processed a credit for your dinner on Friday evening, which you should receive within 5-7 business days.

Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The 4 of us have never been to Austin before, and decided to treat ourselves to a golf and spa getaway. The value was incredible of this large resort. We played golf 3 times, at tremendous golf courses and enjoyed the spa and gym. Everyone were very professional, helpful and friendly. The rooms are nicely done and the beds are really comfortable. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

San Ramon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Booked here for a conference. Here is the good stuff, followed by the not-so-good stuff. For your reference, I am in room 343.

Good: Nice staff. Professional. Helpful. Nice kids and professionals. The food is pretty good too. A little pricey, especially since you are essentially held captive here because of the hotels remote location (cost $38 including tax to get to downtown Austin, and the shuttle that cost $20 plus tip is not readily available. Yesterday, the shuttle was booked for hours). Back to the food – good. Again, good server service levels. The abstract hallways and walkways are charming but not easy to navigate. Even with the good signage. Kind of like a free visit to the Winchester Mystery House.

Not-so-good: The opportunity for improvement is improving some of the basic stuff, like calibrating the clock to the right time (it’s about 15 minutes ahead), and then when daylight savings time hit last night, at least pushing back the big hand. I tried to do it myself, and feel I am clock proficient. I could not see anything that allowed me to changed time. And then fixing the base of the shower control. It is loose. Kind of gross. I am waiting for cockroaches to come out while I am asleep to choke me. The shower head is the worse I have seen since I was forced to stay at the hotel 6. Either super strong and too narrow, or too wide to do any good. I tried to fix it. The shower curtain is sufficient. Two showers, and I am still leaving lots of water on the floor. I cannot seem to find a way to tuck the shower curtain in enough. Plus, the tub is slippery. The traction on the tub is too soft to do any good anymore. The wired internet connection tab is broken. The furnishings are routine and older, even for a resort and spa meant to be seasoned. Not the sort of amenities you would expect for a resort for this pricing. Much better rooms at an older three-star Hilton.

The extra blanket has spots on it – kind of gross. But at least it smells clean. Pillows are tired. So soft and ultimately thin that it cannot keep my knees from touching.

Here are a couple of things that are irritating: a tip of 20% is automatically added to room service and restaurant bills. (The room service tip is in addition to a routine room service charge). And I was dining on my own – not in a group in those occasions. Now, I would probably add 20% anyway because the service is better than average. But it is presumptuous and does not provide for any accountability of service levels. And I probably would not tip room service 20% unless they dropped in for free some type of dessert. And then, the thermostat cannot be read. Numbers way too small. I wear glasses, and can read most small type. The 80 looks like 60 and visa versa and the 70 is in the middle. No idea where I was going when I turned the dial. Finally, the biggest issue: Internet connection too slow. It is free. But I would rather pay for a very strong signal. Very frustrating and unproductive connection. Not cool for a resort and spa in today’s world.

I did not expect to write more negative than positive, so that took me off guard. I will share with management. But Omni acquired this hotel a year ago. Let’s hope they have big plans to update the room ad technology. I would stay again if the conference was here again. But on my own, I would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel have similar views. Higher floor is better than lower in this case - better...