“Omni comes through again!” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, TX 78735   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #70 of 193 Hotels in Austin
Houston, United States
“Omni comes through again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I don't know why some of the other reviews are negative. This hotel was wonderful! The service is first-class. The views are spectacular. The amenities are great. They treated us like we were the VIP guests. Omni continues to impress. I only wish we could have stayed longer.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort amenities and excellent service by our team members. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Pearland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Barton Creek. It was a birthday gift to spend a few days unwinding with spa visits and endless sleep. The late check-in was inconvenient as I arrived early in the morning; the best food was offsite and sometimes the hallway conversations just outside my room were disturbing. The spa and relaxation room were delightful. Overall, I got much needed rest and relaxation in a clean resort with an awesome view.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your gracious feedback on all aspects of your recent visit to the resort. We appreciated the feedback on the areas that were enjoyed along with the items noted for improvement. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@omnihotels.com to discuss further.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We can't say enough good things about this resort - we've been before, and can't wait to go back! The service is just the best, the amenities are way beyond expectation, and the Texas wine country isn't very far away!

san antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Outstanding package deal! We loved our room, the staff, the champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries, and all of our dining experiences. It was a terrific getaway and we were treated like royalty. We will come back many more times!

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This place needs to be painted. The carpet & floors are worn & stained. The roof leaked in my room & we had trashcans set up to catch the rain coming in. It wasn't a slight drip, it was significant. The sheetrock, carpet & our clothing got wet. The hotel management was not interested in hearing about it or doing anything about it. I would not recommend that anyone stay there until there's a change in management.

• 1 of 5 stars

2 Thank grateful2urist
Thanks for taking the time to provide a candid review of your stay. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@omnihotels.com to discuss further. Again, thank you for staying at Omni Barton Creek and I hope we'll have the opportunity to make things right and win back your business.
Boston, Massachusetts, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Too many issues to be addressed - so little space. How could such a nice facility, with staff folks who are friendly and capable, be so poorly managed. The only one of two main elevators was inoperable for five days - and no one seemed to care. A sign was posted on the second or third day of our stay. It seemed that management did not care. The Golf Academy is a disaster. My wife started to contact the Academy five days before we ever even took a lesson (before we left our home town.) .No one contacted her in return. The assistant pro with whom we eventually took a lesson (Barbara Puett) was excellent - a gem. We must have called a half dozen times - the call backs we received were days later. We were told to leave a message for Barbara several times - which we dutifully did. But no one bothered to tell us that Barbara would not be returning our several telephone messages because she was in Atlanta. Your have a nice young woman at the front desk, (Stacy?). she has short, blonde hair. The uniform you folks have given her is about six sizes too big. She looks like she's wearing a clown suit. And this is one of the first people you are greeted by at the Resort. She was a lovely young woman - but her appearance (caused by Barton Creek) was sad. The printer for the computer was inoperable for six days. I asked for front desk for help on day one. They never repaired it, nor did they seem to wish to call a repair man. Having one of the two main elevators down for hundreds of guests for six days shows poor management. I'm sure if your company were willing to pay for expedited service, they could well have solved the problem. There are no excuses for this. I would never stay at Barton Creek again, was disappointed and would never recommend it. I should hasten to add that the waiters in the main dining room were just fine - quick and efficient service. And Annabelle, the waitress, was wonderful. Just a delightful, hard-working person. In the second to last day of our staff, I called the on- site manager, Phil Marbury (spelling) who also seems to run the Golf Academy and asked him to have the General Manager, James Walsh, call me. I'm pretty sure I left my cell number and indicated I would appreciate some prompt response. I did not hear from him for a day. He obviously does not care. Get rid of him. I have no doubt that the usual excuses will emerge for this poor behavior. I am in management also, and are somewhat aware of how things could be resolved. Goodness gracious. Dennis C.

1 Thank jdenniscurran
Apex, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed three nights at the Baron Creek Resort, while attending a conference. It's an excellent facility for a large group. Their staff is top notch, food is excellent and rooms are quiet and comfortable. The only complaint I had was the location of the (free) guest parking, which was a bit of a hike. This facility is high-end at $299 a night for a group rate. Be sure to ask for a map of the property, because the layout is a little confusing (if you're staying in the guest tower). Their conference facilities are excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort and conference amenities. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Lakeway Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 stars 1,256 reviews
W Austin
#19 of 193 in Austin
4.5 of 5 stars 1,009 reviews

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!