I was in town on business and the company put me in this resort as it was close to the meetings. There were a number of positives, but also a few negatives.
Friendly front desk personnel and quick service
Big room and bathroom. Both were very clean.
Friendly and helpful woman in the hotel convenience store. It was open before 7:00am which meant I could get my coffee.
From the moment you pull into the resort, you feel like they are after your money. $25 for valet and the self-park garage is a five minutes walk away. The valet parking area had numerous spaces open, but you were not allowed to park there.
Thought about having lunch at the resort, but they wanted $17 for a sandwich.
The free internet was very slow. For full speed internet, it was $15. I know all the top hotels charge for internet, but if the Hampton Inns and Comfort Inns can provide it free, why not the top hotels. Pet peeve of mine.
I entered and left the hotel a number of time over the two days I spent there. (Had to eat elsewhere due to the cost of the hotel restaurants). On the first day, the valets and bell hops were all gathered around the front door basically ignoring the guests. No greeting, no offer of help with the bags, did not even open the door. The second day it was much better.
Overall, this hotel was nice. I am sure at one time it was considered a luxury resort. It is beginning to look a little dated. If you are going to charge the prices they do, the service and amenities should be first rate and it was not during my stay. The hotel should treat the customers as people they want to return, not cash machines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Otel and Priceline so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Resort Club