We went to Barton Creek with a group of 12 golfers. The idea was to fly in Friday. Play Friday, Sat and home SUnday. If there hadn't been a wedding there then I would have been board out of my mind!
First, the weather did not cooperate and the staff in the hotel club house didn't seem to have a care in the world. With a rainout we tried to organize 36 on Sat but were met with serious push back probably because we were on an unlimited golf package. I noticed a few groups after us were able to move their tee times up. (Note, we stated that we didnt need 3 foursomes together)
Speaking of which, The unlimited golf package is a joke: You can play unlimited golf but they want to charge you a $50 cart fee. I wouldn't pay $50 total to play this course at twilight. We had to argue with the proshop for 30 minutes and 3 phone calls and eventually produce a letter we received at check in, to get it waived. The course proshop gets props for eventually doing the right thing!
Now lets talk about disorganization: CHECK YOUR BILL. We paid a $5000 deposit that went missing. 6 days after we checked out we still do not have the bills resolved. I had half my roommates charges on my bill among other things. Hopefully this gets fixed.....If I was the GM of this hotel I would have reached out to each and every guest and apologized for the chaos.
BTW, when does service charge get included in everything? 18% if I order a hot dog at the turn?
Things that make this place worth a visit if your in the area:
Bar tenders and waiters know their stuff and work hard.
The accounting department has been very responsive and is trying to fix all the mistakes.
Cart girl was a star.
Things that need help: Mini golf course is week but FREE! Golf Course is in average shape.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Resort Club