“very disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, TX 78735   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #66 of 183 hotels in Austin
Potsdam, New York
“very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I visited here for 4 days as part of a conference event. When I arrived all their computer systems were down and the reservation was messed up. Additionally most of the rooms were not ready as the cleaning crew had no computerized information to work off of.

After finally getting the room it was ok but nothing to write home about. The view was of the roof of the building next to the pool.... so much for great Hill Country Views. It was clean enough but somehow did not have that 5 star feel. HBO was out for several days as was the in room internet service. On a side note the room walls were very thin and there was lots of noise from the adjoining room (complete with moaning, explicit direction, and verbal enhancements) as well as the hallways.

I tried to get a golf tee time but was told they could not because; yes you guessed it computers were down. Also they had an event on Monday? So I book a spa treatment instead. They called me back 30 minutes before the treatment and stated they made a mistake and had to cancel, did I want one for the following day. It was like a parade of fools.

The morning after the conference I went to the coffee stand at 8:00 for a cup of coffee and a quick breakfast. They had coffee but the kitchen did not deliver the breakfast taco's yet (which they advertised so heavily) and to check back in 1/2 an hour. The food and drink in the restaurant was extremely expensive and pretentious. I don't mind paying for a good meal but the key is good.

While these were not the only disappointments they did rack up. On checkout I was asked how the stay was and I shared my thoughts with them. They discounted the stay (good for my company but did little to help me) and stated they were sorry.

Not someplace I would ever chose to stay on my own.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your gracious feedback on all aspects of your recent visit to the resort. We appreciated the feedback on the areas that were enjoyed along with the items noted for improvement. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@omnihotels.com to discuss further.

754 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Denver, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Golf Academy is truly a grand experience for any level of player wishing to improve their game. Facilities are spectacular, instructor a true professional, then add friendly Texas hospitality. The resort has it all. Well appointed rooms with views of the "Hill Country". A variety of restaurants providing choices from casual to fine dining all with a flair of local influence.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Omni Barton Creek. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our meeting facilities and excellent service by our team members. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

One of the best deals in sight.......Basically have a 3-bedroom home in Austin for 27 days/year to visit family, for birthdays and Holidays, as well as football game weekends......Grandkids spend time and bring their friends.....The fact that the Resort's facilities are also available, makes for a wonderful few days each time we come.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Mass
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Pros: beautiful environment - Austin is a great place in Texas. Wish I had more time to explore for personal time. Room was spacious and yet typical. Very clean and had all expected features except for working and readily available plugs to charge your devices... Friendly staff - for the most part.
Golfing looked spectacular - but did not play..

Cons: way too spread out - my room was an 8+ minute walk from the main building - ask for a tower room ... I was told I could drive and park near the spa to access the room better. I did not have a car .. expect to pay for valet or park your car at a good distance though.good exercise.

Staff was a bit too laid back .. do not expect " out of your way service." It was "well we tried?"

I don't think I would stay here on my own for a vacation getaway. You can get more for your money and points elsewhere ... sorry~

Wont go back there ...

Room Tip: Ask for the tower = or you are walking "miles" of hallways .. the Shining came to mind...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New Braunfels, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

If you want to truly relax, enjoy great golf, and go home refreshed this is the place to go. The atmosphere, staff, and all that Austin has to offer is second to none. The rooms are spacious and well appointed with beds better than we have at home. Their breakfast dining is spectacular with an unlimited menu to choose from. Our favorite time was just relaxing by the pool and ordering food from the cabana.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort amenities and excellent service by our team members. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Anniversery/ Golfers couples the service was excellent the food was unreal the prices were a bit pricy but you got your moneys worth. My wife & I will re book the hotel/ resort again. Mike SAN ANTONIO TEXAS

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I attended a large conference at this resort and I was most impressed. It is beautiful and spacious. The meeting facilities were ideal and well serviced, and very private. My staying room was spectacular...great view, large, clean, and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Splurge for a cottage room on the golf course
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2013

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!