I visited here for 4 days as part of a conference event. When I arrived all their computer systems were down and the reservation was messed up. Additionally most of the rooms were not ready as the cleaning crew had no computerized information to work off of.
After finally getting the room it was ok but nothing to write home about. The view was of the roof of the building next to the pool.... so much for great Hill Country Views. It was clean enough but somehow did not have that 5 star feel. HBO was out for several days as was the in room internet service. On a side note the room walls were very thin and there was lots of noise from the adjoining room (complete with moaning, explicit direction, and verbal enhancements) as well as the hallways.
I tried to get a golf tee time but was told they could not because; yes you guessed it computers were down. Also they had an event on Monday? So I book a spa treatment instead. They called me back 30 minutes before the treatment and stated they made a mistake and had to cancel, did I want one for the following day. It was like a parade of fools.
The morning after the conference I went to the coffee stand at 8:00 for a cup of coffee and a quick breakfast. They had coffee but the kitchen did not deliver the breakfast taco's yet (which they advertised so heavily) and to check back in 1/2 an hour. The food and drink in the restaurant was extremely expensive and pretentious. I don't mind paying for a good meal but the key is good.
While these were not the only disappointments they did rack up. On checkout I was asked how the stay was and I shared my thoughts with them. They discounted the stay (good for my company but did little to help me) and stated they were sorry.
Not someplace I would ever chose to stay on my own.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort
- Barton Creek Hotel
- Barton Creek Resort Club
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, BookIt.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.