“The scenery is spectacular, the resort needs a little work” 3 of 5 stars

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, TX 78735   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #61 of 185 Hotels in Austin
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“The scenery is spectacular, the resort needs a little work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Recent stay of 3 days, 2 nights with breakfast buffet included. Room 351 facing Fazio Foothills golf course.

THE GOOD:
-Beautiful area and scenery
-Great view from room
-3 great golf courses to choose from
-Expansive resort with many activities
-Great spot for events or weddings
-A good vacation feel and escape
-Spacious rooms
-Good breakfast buffet in dining room

THE BAD:
-Evening arrival to no valet, no parking assistance or baggage help.
-Indifferent staff at reception and check-in. (A recurring theme over the weekend)
-Poor signage and directions to room or elevators
-Confusing hotel layout
-Analog TV for entire weekend, no HD tv and move rental system broken - no explanation or apology from staff
-Nice hotel but aged look and wear showing
-Low water pressure (looking forward to getting home)
-Parking spot is tough to find
-Repeated resort fee on everything gets old quick
-No GPS on the golf carts
-Be prepared to get paired with some random stranger if you don't have a foursome

FINAL VERDICT:
-Good to try at least once
-Come for the golf, not as much for the resort.
-Expect the resort fees on everything.
- A 4 star resort max.
-Valet park. Its pricey but the hassle of parking is worse.
-Anticipate a bit of attitude from the staff.
-Dont stay at the resort the entire time. Venture into Austin for variety.
-Swimming pool area is in dire need of updating. (Needs an infinity edge pool to maximize the beautiful views)

Room Tip: Rooms on the north end of the tower are closer to spa and better chance to find parking.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your gracious feedback on all aspects of your recent visit to the resort. We appreciated the feedback on the areas that were enjoyed along with the items noted for improvement. We continue to accommodate a higher number of guests during the summer months and I'm glad that the golf courses were enjoyed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while my wife attended a conference. As a hotelier I appreciate visiting hotels that understand the importance of staff service. Great job to all departments especially the dining room crew. As for the rooms, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The condition was average, everything worked as it should have but had some issues with lamps. Nothing major. Overall a great stay and will be back soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort amenities and excellent service by our team members. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Barton Creek for a business conference. The area is quite picturesque and the meeting spaces are charming. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I stayed in guest room 133, which is in an odd location near a main hallway so the noise was a bit annoying. Otherwise the room was quite spacious and comfortable, and the bed was great.

My big complaint about the resort is the spa. The spa facilities are outdated and for the prices they charge I would expect remodeled rooms and beautiful, luxurious, calming decor. Instead the locker room and sauna/steam room area felt cramped with low ceilings and old finishes. The waiting area looked like it could have been in a doctor's office with boring chairs, white walls and a couple old magazines. The massage and pedicure I received were both good, but overall I was disappointed with the experience because of the outdated facilities. For a resort with "spa" in the name, I expect better!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to provide a candid review of your stay. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@bartoncreek.com to discuss further. Again, thank you for staying at Barton Creek and I hope we'll have the opportunity to make things right and win back your business.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I took a weekend vacation to Austin. She wanted to do the spa thing and I wanted to play golf. This resort is very spacious and clean. The outdoor pool leaves something to be desired, but the indoor pool is nice. Also, the golf is top notch. The courses are all centrally located and maintained very well. The only disadvantage of the hotel is that it seemed to be pretty far from everything. However, I would highly recommend staying here if you are looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed one of our championship golf courses. Dallas Morning News recently awarded both Fazio courses as Texas' Most Beautiful 18. We are always looking for new ways to maximize our guest experience, and input from recent guests like yourself proves to be invaluable. We hope to see you again soon!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference (why else would you stay anywhere but SoCo in Austin?). The grounds are picture perfect and the resort is exquisite. And you'll pay for it if you stay here. It's too far from anything to make sense of running out for a quick anything. A hamburger was $16, a glass of wine $11 and if you want bar snacks, like peanuts, to go with your wine they are $7. Bottled water in the room is $9. Valet parking is $25 per day and there's always a long wait to get your car. There is a small self park garage if you're willing to walk .25 mile on the golf cart path to get there and back. Not convenient for anyone with luggage.

Personally, I like to spend my money making memories, not paying a fortune for everyday necessities. I won't stay here again.

Stayed June 2013
We apologize to this past guest for an unsatisfactory experience and appreciate the constructive feedback. While much of the guest feedback we receive is overwhelmingly positive, it is our goal to ensure all guest expectations are exceeded; this information will help us do just that moving forward.

I invite this guest to contact me directly at james.walsh@bartoncreek.com for further discussion.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were at Barton Creek for 3 nights the first weekend in June. It was great. It was our 2nd time there but it had probably been 8 years. We had a Scenic Terrace room up on the 9th floor. It was a great view of the Texas hill country. We had two days of a spa package and one day of Bed and Breakfast package. The spa was great. People were great. Had a 80 minute couples massage that was the best I had ever had. For the second day they allowed me to give my spa time to my wife so she was able to upgrade from a 50 to an 80 minute facial. She said it was to die for. Didnt play golf this trip but the courses looked to be in great condition. Everyone at the resort was 100% accomadating. They all acknowledged us as we walked through the resort with a pleasant hello. Service around the oll was good.

If you want to go off resort for Dinner I would recommend two places. Saltlick BBQ can not be beat. The one in Driftwood is out in the Hill country and is a great atmosphere. The other place is Jack Allens Kitchen. Great locally sourced menu.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort amenities, excellent service by our team members & Three Springs Spa experience. We look forward to welcoming you to the Hill Country again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We went there for the first time for a quick weekend getaway. The resort is located away from downtown Austin. The views are amazing. They definitely cater to conferences and weddings. Both were taking place while we were there so the hotel was crowded, but amazingly it was quiet in our room. The hotel is showing it's age. The carpet needs to be replaced and the baseboards and doors need to be repainted. The bathroom and bedroom is decorated Texas chic and the room is a good size. I loved the bath products. I'm very picky and don't normally use hotel shampoo, conditioner or lotions, but I loved their bath products. It's from their three springs spa. We had the breakfast package so we got to have the breakfast buffet each morning. I would definitely recommend the buffet. The selection was wonderful and there was also an omelet
station. I have to comment that the staff at the hotel worked very hard. We never saw a worker just standing around. The servers at the pool was constantly working and picking up towels and empty cups. The pool was packed not a single chair empty, but they had plenty of servers to take care of everyone I got a deep tissue massage at the spa. Which was wonderful. My husband played golf and loved it. We will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort amenities and excellent service by our team members. I have personally passed along your glowing comments to our Director of Operations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!