“Love the food & good place for conference. Just dont stay in Room 225!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, TX 78735   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #67 of 182 hotels in Austin
Singapore, Singapore
“Love the food & good place for conference. Just dont stay in Room 225!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was here for a conference in May. This resort is not very big. The front desk for check in is only 7 steps from front door, small pub, 1 fashion shop, 1 small mini convenient store etc. Basically our conference event booked up the whole place. The conference rooms were decent size. Wifi worked everywhere.

Love the buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner! Its really good and the steak was so tender. Some dishes may be too salty for my taste but overall the food was really good.

But you wont believe the condition of the crappy room I was given. Room 225. I think Room 227 is just as crappy as the guest asked for a change too.

I arrived close to midnight on Sat and was given a very LOUSY room 225. But as it was late so I didnt complain or ask for new room.

This room 225 was on the 2nd floor with a balcony. But the balcony has this 7 feet wall so practically you cannot see anything outside. When you do step on the balcony chair to look out beyond the balcony, you only see roof tops!

The bed was not comfortable, aircon was loud the whole night, the bedsheets cant even cover the mattress completely and behind the bed was an odd gap of space. No skirting of bedsheet for the mattress too! The bed was old and low. The ceiling of room was weird, office-like. Then I had to fight a big cockroach at 3am before I went back to dreamland. The room is really dim and I cant even take a proper picture. I wish I have taken a pic of the bed to show you what I mean.

It was the next morning I get to see other rooms as I walked along the corridoor and had a shock. Room 225 was totally different from others. When I asked front desk to change my room, no question asked. Martin at front desk got me a new room very fast. Prehaps they knew about room 225 too!

At my new room 341, I was finally able to relax and enjoy the resort feeling!

Room Tip: Do not agree to a 2nd floor unit. Who needs balcony with no view?
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to provide a candid review of your stay. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@bartoncreek.com to discuss further. Again, thank you for staying at Barton Creek and I hope we'll have the opportunity to make things right and win back your business.

735 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Reston, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I made a reservation online and was given a "total price" for the stay. Fine. Then I get an email that states my "total price" may not include a 9% resort fee, or another 12% resort fee. And, in order to guarantee a king size bed, I have to pay and extra $75 for the guarantee. If not, I may be assigned two doubles. Of course they say they will do their best to get me a king bed, but ....
Too bad. This is a very nice hotel, spa and golf facility. Just beware of the potential problems. I'm going elsewhere where I know the total price and what kind of room I will get.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to provide a candid review of your stay. Our online booking engine does confirm rates with all taxes and services charges and rooms are priced by room type and view as well. We are happy to clarify that with our online engine and be sure there are no discrepancies. I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to invite you to contact me directly at james.walsh@bartoncreek.com to discuss further.

Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Just spent four nights at Barton Creek for a company conference. The rooms were generous, with spacious bathrooms a king sized bed with pillow top matress a small sofa and a small work area. Internet was both wireless and by cable in the room. Wireless was available throughout the lobby and conference areas.

The pool was large and had three swimming lanes. Plenty of chairs were available and there is a pool bar/restaurant and a kiddie pool. Didn't see a hot tub, but there may have been one. The resort also featured several tennis courts and of course, four golf courses.

Conference facilities were what you would expect, but the hotel layout was a little odd. Conference rooms were scattered about and getting from one place to another usually required a lot of walking down corridors and making turns. The larger events were held in a separate pavillion just outside the back of the hotel. A/V facilities were excellent.

There were several restaurants and lounges. The Hill Country Dining Room is the largest and hosted most of our meals. Meals were buffet style and were excellent. Steaks were grilled to medium or medium rare perfection and were delicious and amazingly tender, especially for buffet style. On another night, Maine lobsters were served buffet style and were tasty as well. There is a wine bar and grill and a lounge/game room with pool and other games. Off the lobby is a small coffee bar with pastries, sandwiches and salads.

One afternoon included a golf outing. We played one of the Fazio courses. The course was challenging and well kept. The holes were beautiful among the hill country landscape. Several holes had running streams, stone waterfalls and other natural elements enhancing the beauty of the course. The only thing missing was marking on the holes. Normally the tee box will have a diagram of the hole displayed in some way, but we didn't see any signs with the hole descriptions.

Service was friendly and helpful. There were plenty of staff to help. The golf staff was great and the beverage carts were always close by.

The costs were all included by the company, so I didn't really experience the prices. However, if the price of a bottle of water in the room ($9) is any indication, I would say that it is very expensive.

Overall, it was a great place for our conference and I would highly recommend it for the avid golfer. Be prepared for high prices, but that should be expected at this kind of resort.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room for a good view of the Hill Country
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed one of our Fazio golf courses. Dallas Morning News recently awarded both courses as Texas' Most Beautiful 18. We are always looking for new ways to maximize our guest experience, and input from recent guests like yourself proves to be invaluable. We hope to see you again soon!
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was invited to tour the hotel and resort while looking for a spot for a fall retreat! The food in the restaurants was wonderful and the service was great! Loved the rooms and how the bathroom is separate from the rest of the room. Very comfortable bed. The spa was amazing!! Was surprised with a mexican chocolate and coffee scrub! What an awesome experience! Everyone in the spa was wonderful! Beautiful grounds...saw a few families while visiting but mainly men in business meetings and golfers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent group site visit! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort accommodations. The Mexican Chocolate Cayenne scrub is among our most popular spa treatments. We look forward to welcoming you to the Hill Country again soon!
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed at Barton Creek for a talk, and I'm guessing this was my fifth or sixth visit. It's always nice. I had a great suite and I was impressed by the friendly helpfulness of the staff. Plus, I had really good room service food. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed the In Room Dining cuisine. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Tough to review a hotel that is so inconsistent. This is nice hotel on golf property that has a small hotel feel. Here is what to expect:
1. Great golf on all courses. Well maintained courses that are interesting to play and well maintained. Unfortunately, they try to set a drink price record with $5 Coke, $6 domestics and $12 cocktails (not to mention $9 for Fiji water in the room).
2. Possibly the best housekeeping I have ever experienced along with beautiful grounds. Unfortunately, the van service to and from the villa to the main hotel was so spotty (even with multiple calls), that I ended up making the 15-20 minute walk about half the time. The grounds start to look less attractive when forced to walk.
3. Great apre' golf bar service and bar food...except when they get busy on Friday and Saturday night, at which time it was impossible to get either food or drinks. It is almost like they weren't expecting a full house. Sad.
Management might consider focusing on staffing up, and charging non-Atlantis prices for food and drink. Maybe people would eat and drink more, feel good about their stay and come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We apologize to this past guest for an unsatisfactory experience and appreciate the constructive feedback. While much of the guest feedback we receive is overwhelmingly positive, it is our goal to ensure all guest expectations are exceeded; this information will help us do just that moving forward.

I invite this guest to contact me directly at james.walsh@bartoncreek.com for further discussion.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was really looking forward to my trip to Barton Creek because it has been on my list of places to visit for a long, long time. The complex is marvelous, with a majestic BC hotel and the stunning location of this resort in the Texas hills in Austin.

First, the room. Well, I have to be honest... the room did look a bit dated.. with cracks along the baseboards, as well as cracks along the grout in the bathroom sink top. Also the shower handle was loose and the furnishing just didn't seem right for a world known resort like Barton Creek. I know I'm being picky, but my standards are fairly high, when it comes to places I was dying to go.

Now for the great part of the trip. The golf courses. I was fortunate enough to play both the Fazio Canyon and Foothill courses. One word. Phenomenal! I would even go far as the top 5 best courses I have ever played (Canyons course), behind Pebble Beach, Pinehurst No. 2, Kiawah Island Ocean Course and Cog Hill GC, except the greens were a bit messy. They did say that they were closing off the Canyons course for 3 months to repair all the greens, however, I think this is where some discounts could have been applied.

The next day, I got on the Foothills course and again, what a marvelous layout. I preferred the natural setting of the Canyons course better, but the Foothills course has it's own set of dramatics.. hard to describe in words. Again, the greens were the issue. They did not quite heal from the aeration from about a month ago.. and there were several greens that were either diseased, or fungus growing on them. Just not the pristine shape you would expect when you are paying $200+ per round. I kept wondering how these course would have played if the greens are their usual 11 to 12 on the stimp meter and rolle true, like I would expect from all Fazio courses.

The starter (Donna) was fabulous. Kudos to her for keeping play on a nice pace and just continual southern hospitality!

Overall, the experience was worth every penny I spent, service was impeccable, golf experience was absolutely memorable and I certainly will come back... especially when the greens are up to their usual excellent shape.

I can now cross these two off of my bucket list!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Fazio Canyons & Fazio Foothills golf courses. Dallas Morning News recently awarded both courses as Texas' Most Beautiful 18. We are always looking for new ways to maximize our guest experience, and input from recent guests like yourself proves to be invaluable. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!