“Wonderful spa & resort!” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, TX 78735   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #63 of 184 hotels in Austin
Birmingham, Alabama
“Wonderful spa & resort!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was invited to tour the hotel and resort while looking for a spot for a fall retreat! The food in the restaurants was wonderful and the service was great! Loved the rooms and how the bathroom is separate from the rest of the room. Very comfortable bed. The spa was amazing!! Was surprised with a mexican chocolate and coffee scrub! What an awesome experience! Everyone in the spa was wonderful! Beautiful grounds...saw a few families while visiting but mainly men in business meetings and golfers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent group site visit! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our resort accommodations. The Mexican Chocolate Cayenne scrub is among our most popular spa treatments. We look forward to welcoming you to the Hill Country again soon!

811 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed at Barton Creek for a talk, and I'm guessing this was my fifth or sixth visit. It's always nice. I had a great suite and I was impressed by the friendly helpfulness of the staff. Plus, I had really good room service food. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed the In Room Dining cuisine. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Tough to review a hotel that is so inconsistent. This is nice hotel on golf property that has a small hotel feel. Here is what to expect:
1. Great golf on all courses. Well maintained courses that are interesting to play and well maintained. Unfortunately, they try to set a drink price record with $5 Coke, $6 domestics and $12 cocktails (not to mention $9 for Fiji water in the room).
2. Possibly the best housekeeping I have ever experienced along with beautiful grounds. Unfortunately, the van service to and from the villa to the main hotel was so spotty (even with multiple calls), that I ended up making the 15-20 minute walk about half the time. The grounds start to look less attractive when forced to walk.
3. Great apre' golf bar service and bar food...except when they get busy on Friday and Saturday night, at which time it was impossible to get either food or drinks. It is almost like they weren't expecting a full house. Sad.
Management might consider focusing on staffing up, and charging non-Atlantis prices for food and drink. Maybe people would eat and drink more, feel good about their stay and come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We apologize to this past guest for an unsatisfactory experience and appreciate the constructive feedback. While much of the guest feedback we receive is overwhelmingly positive, it is our goal to ensure all guest expectations are exceeded; this information will help us do just that moving forward.

I invite this guest to contact me directly at james.walsh@bartoncreek.com for further discussion.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was really looking forward to my trip to Barton Creek because it has been on my list of places to visit for a long, long time. The complex is marvelous, with a majestic BC hotel and the stunning location of this resort in the Texas hills in Austin.

First, the room. Well, I have to be honest... the room did look a bit dated.. with cracks along the baseboards, as well as cracks along the grout in the bathroom sink top. Also the shower handle was loose and the furnishing just didn't seem right for a world known resort like Barton Creek. I know I'm being picky, but my standards are fairly high, when it comes to places I was dying to go.

Now for the great part of the trip. The golf courses. I was fortunate enough to play both the Fazio Canyon and Foothill courses. One word. Phenomenal! I would even go far as the top 5 best courses I have ever played (Canyons course), behind Pebble Beach, Pinehurst No. 2, Kiawah Island Ocean Course and Cog Hill GC, except the greens were a bit messy. They did say that they were closing off the Canyons course for 3 months to repair all the greens, however, I think this is where some discounts could have been applied.

The next day, I got on the Foothills course and again, what a marvelous layout. I preferred the natural setting of the Canyons course better, but the Foothills course has it's own set of dramatics.. hard to describe in words. Again, the greens were the issue. They did not quite heal from the aeration from about a month ago.. and there were several greens that were either diseased, or fungus growing on them. Just not the pristine shape you would expect when you are paying $200+ per round. I kept wondering how these course would have played if the greens are their usual 11 to 12 on the stimp meter and rolle true, like I would expect from all Fazio courses.

The starter (Donna) was fabulous. Kudos to her for keeping play on a nice pace and just continual southern hospitality!

Overall, the experience was worth every penny I spent, service was impeccable, golf experience was absolutely memorable and I certainly will come back... especially when the greens are up to their usual excellent shape.

I can now cross these two off of my bucket list!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Fazio Canyons & Fazio Foothills golf courses. Dallas Morning News recently awarded both courses as Texas' Most Beautiful 18. We are always looking for new ways to maximize our guest experience, and input from recent guests like yourself proves to be invaluable. We hope to see you again soon!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

From the staff at check in to the staff in the dining room for the amazing breakfast buffet, this is one of the best hotel/resorts we have been to. Beautiful grounds with careful attention to preserving the natural surrounding. Many nice activities for kids-nature trail with a fort, grotto ,mini golf, scavenger hunts,etc. We don't play golf, but for those who do, it looks like a golfer's paradise. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool, hiking trails,tennis, and enjoying the lovely fresh air from our room's balcony. I never thought I'd stay at a hotel in my own city, but we loved this resort so much, we will stay again sometime! Outstanding spa also!

Room Tip: Ask for the bed and breakfast package
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Barton Creek! I'm happy you enjoyed our resort amenities and family activities. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hill Country soon!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I live in Austin, so I haven't stayed at the Resort, but I do like to go to the spa. A lot. Whether you're looking for a facial, a massage or just an excuse to spend an afternoon in a bathrobe, the 3 Springs Spa at Barton Creek Resort is a great place to escape. I've been there twice, once with a girlfriend and once with my husband -- and both times were great. All the services are solid but it's the fact that they have a steam room, a sauna, a whirlpool and hands-down the best relaxation room around.

I like a spa where I can spend the day, relax and then get dressed afterwards. The dressing areas are roomy and comfortable with plenty of showers. You can get a pre-soak in the whirlpool before your massage or facial and that always makes it more relaxing.

Another nice touch? Lunch. You can order lunch while you're there and they have a private dining area that light and cozy and just made for the spa goers. The food is perfect for a spa day, too, with heavy emphasis on fresh salads and fruits.

The best part of this spa? It's the amazing relaxation room. The relaxation room is a dark cocoon that faces a limestone wall with spring water trickling down. They have lights that changes colors on the stone wall turning it from lilac to deep blue...there's something equally mesmerizing and relaxing about that wall. The room is cool, quiet with big chaise velvet chairs nicely spaced out so it feels private and with flowing curtains between the chairs. It's the perfect place to leave your cares. When I need a true spa day, this is where I head for quiet relaxation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your glowing review about our Three Springs Spa! We're pleased that you enjoyed the Tranquility Lounge, spa treatments and fresh cuisine. We hope to see you again soon.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is the #1 Golf course in Texas for a reason. Five courses within a few miles of each other. Two Courses on Property. The Canyon's were tricky but fun and Fazio was a bit easier to play and stunning! I surprised my husband for his birthday and was pleased with all of our experience there, but one! The service in the main dining area was super super slow. The food was good but wasn't worth the super super slow service. However, In the "GRILL" located downstairs close to the proshop the shrimp scampi was the best I have ever had. The service was light, fun and friendly. There is a spa on the property but was too busy playing all the golf we could in three days with the amazing Internet special.

Room Tip: We did get above the large air condition units, keep this in mind when you check in.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We're delighted to hear about your stay with us for your husband's birthday! Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. We are always looking for new ways to maximize our guest experience, and input from recent guests like yourself proves to be invaluable. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!