“Beautiful but pricy...” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, TX 78735   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #66 of 191 Hotels in Austin
“Beautiful but pricy...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i stayed at this place for our Anniversary. The property is beautiful, it boasts itself as one of the top golf resorts. With 3 courses on site and one a 20min drive I would say they have a lot to offer for golfers.

One bad side to this is golf is expensive, I paid $100 for twilight. One thing I did not appreciate was that they did not tell me course was beinh aerrated and it had many holes, most of the time they should discount for this but they did not.

I also booked a spa appointment while there for a 30 min facial. On the brochure on their website it says the 30min facial is $65, when I got there it was $95 and they said their prices werent updated and they would not honor the $65 price. For $95 the lady rushed through the appointment and kept the lights on the whole time in the room, it was not relaxing at all. I also felt put off that she asked me how much i was paying for the facial. She also criticized my skin while doing the facial saying things like ew your skin is dry and wow u have alot of blackheads. Another thing I did not like about the spa is its very cramped. The check in is on the main floor to get to lockers you go down a floor and if you want to wait in a "tranquil" sitting room you have to go down yet another floor in your robe to an area right by the gym with men and women all working out. I personally do not want to travel so much in my short spa robe.

The check in is at 4p which feels late to me, especially if you wana golf. I would like to check in get settled then go golf. I booked a king room and it was beautiful, very large and spacious with a very comfy bed. We didnt get to experience the restaurants, outdoor pool or putt putt offered. At $200/night off season with $100 golf and $100 spa, things can get pricey!!! If i found a deal I would come back.

• Stayed March 2013
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for celebrating your anniversary at Barton Creek and for taking the time to share your experience during your stay. As you can imagine, guest feedback is extremely important to us. We also appreciate you pointing out that we have a lot to offer golfers - we couldn't agree more! In regards to your spa visit, our three-story facility incorporates both a spa and fitness center, and while many guests enjoy the amenities we offer on all three floors, we certainly don't want any guests to feel uncomfortable. I'd like to invite you to reach out directly to our spa director Mark Amoriello at mark.amoriello@bartoncreek.com to discuss your experience in further detail. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
West Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Third time staying here for a business conference. Located in the hill country of Texas, you have a great view of the golf course when sitting out by the pool. The food is wonderful and the staff is great. The staff is very pleasant and friendly, and always smiling. Didn't get a chance to play golf this time, but if you go play at least one of the courses. I would like to go back on my own to relax and enjoy the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thanks providing positive feedback regarding your stay. We're pleased you enjoyed our resort amenities while visiting for your business conference. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
Charlottetown, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Staff were very helpful and Particularily Juan in the dining room was excellent. no shortage of great food at the buffet.
The resort is in a very nice area and is about a $30 cab ride to the downtown,
we played the Canyon golf course and it was very nice and the greens were excellent

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony, although not large they do give you the ability to step outside and g...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! We're happy you were able to enjoy our Canyon's course and dining outlets. We will pass along your kind comments about Juan's service in the Hill Country Dining Room. We hope you again soon.
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights for my husband to attend a conference. I enjoyed the scrumptious breakfast offerings each day and ate in the dining room 1 evening with our group. The food was delicious. A few of my favorites -- the mexican tortilla soup, fish tacos and bruschetta appetizer. I loved that you could get Starbucks (chai) from the main floor gift shop. Way convenient for an afternoon treat! The hotel and grounds are beautiful, very luxurious. Loved the bath products! Room was clean, although there was a bit of wear and tear here and there, which didn't take away from the wonderful overall experience but I feel I should mention for those who may be far more particular to details. The location is great. I did not use valet ($25 overnight) and parked a couple blocks away in the guest parking garage. An easy walk between the buildings. Lovely grounds and exceptionally attentive, friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and kind words about our dining outlets, guestroom and service. We are always looking for new ways to maximize our guest experience, and input from recent guests like yourself proves to be invaluable. We hope to see you again soon!
Orange County, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Barton Creek Resort is clearly an older property set in a stunning location with a challenging, hilly golf course to boot. Navigating the hotel is a challenge and takes a while to figure out which hallways and stairs are needed to get from the lobby to the pool to the gym to the walking trails. Once you have figured out the navigation, Barton Creek is excellent. The rooms are clean and upscale, but they should have abandoned the shower curtains a decade ago. Good lighting in the rooms. There are iPads in the lobby loaded with games for the kids. The pool is very traditional and even in a mid-March mid-week there are tons of children and their Moms about. Food and service is excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to provide valuable feedback about our guestrooms, pool area and dining outlets. We hope to see you again soon!
Garland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently returned from a four day stay at this beautiful resort. I visited with my daughter and 2 of my grandchildren. This is a wonderful place for families with lots of activities to keep everyone of all ages entertained. From golf and swimming either in the indoor or outdoor heated pool, to putt putt for the kids, nature walks, and a play ground. The kids loved it. So did my daughter and I.

The food and drinks were excellent, though a little on the pricey side. However, the prices were not too out of line when compared to other resorts I have been to of this caliber. Still $19.00 for a hamburger and $9.00 for a PB&J seems a little much. The food portions from the pool restaurant are very large, so pace yourself or share. We were still so full at dinner time the first night all my daughter and I could eat was a bowl of soup at the Wine Bar. It was delicious though! We only ate breakfast at the main restaurant and it was standard fare, so I can't really comment on the food at that one. But, the Wine Bar Restaurant was great. The second night they has Ruby Red Trout, one of my all time favorites, and it was to die for!!

Though it seemed as if we were really in the wilderness at the resort we were only about 15-20 minutes from downtown Austin. This is a great location if you want to sight see. We went to the Capital, 6th Street, Lake Austin and the Oasis at Lake Travis and never drove more than 20-30 minutes. Traffic was light and very manageable even though SXSW was in full swing.

The staff at the hotel is exceptional. Very helpful and considerate. The room was nice and well kept as was the entire property. I personally did not care for the bed, it was a little soft for me, but may be fine for others. My only complaint about this trip was the location of our room. We were placed on the second floor directly above the entrance and valet area. I was awakened often by the sound of car doors closing. Friday night was pretty bad, with people coming in at 12-2 AM and talking and laughing very loudly. I would definitely stay here again, but will not accept a room in this area.

We had a great time here and as I said I most definitely want to return!!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room over the entrance and reception area. As noted it is noisy at night. The bes...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and kind words about our dining outlets, service, guestroom and pool area. We are always looking for new ways to maximize our guest experience, and input from recent guests like yourself proves to be invaluable.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at BC the last 2 SXSWs. While I'd never pay their prices during a normal trip, it ends up being cheaper than much lower standard hotels in town. It's a very quick drive to ACC from the resort. I got the B&B package with the fantastic breakfast included.
***BEWARE if the dreaded and exorbitant "resort fee". This purely revenue generating tax was $49 PER DAY during my stay. This fee will make me think twice about another stay at Barton Resort. At least an airline bag fee is charged to people using the service. I used no "resort" services and find the ever increasing amount offensie.

• Stayed March 2013
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We apologize to this past guest for an unsatisfactory experience and appreciate the constructive feedback. While much of the guest feedback we receive is overwhelmingly positive, it is our goal to ensure all guest expectations are exceeded; this information will help us do just that moving forward.

I invite this guest to contact me directly at james.walsh@bartoncreek.com for further discussion.

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!