“Excellent, expensive getaway golf and spa resort.” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8212 Barton Club Drive, Austin, TX 78735   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #63 of 183 hotels in Austin
Boise, Idaho
“Excellent, expensive getaway golf and spa resort.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We spent Thanksgiving weekend here and have no complaints. We had a beautiful room, food was expensive but delicious , 4 golf courses, and amazing spa. Their Thanksgiving spread was amazing. No complaints .

• Stayed November 2012
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Very glad that you had a good Thanksgiving stay with us. We invite you to come back and experience our golf courses in the spring time as well!

759 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I knew I was going to have my wedding at Barton Creek the second we turned onto Barton Creek Road and saw the beauty of Texas Hill Country. As out-of-staters (but Texas natives) my husband and I knew we wanted to show off the beauty of Austin to all of our out of town guests, as well as pick a place that would be a comfortable place for all of our guests to stay. I'll divide my review into 2 parts, one for the wedding venue, and one for the hotel.

Wedding venue:
We chose to throw our wedding reception in the newly-remodeled pavilion, which also has a beautiful veranda with a great view. I was a little intimidated at first, because our wedding guest list was on the smaller side and I didn't know if we could make the venue feel cozy and romantic because it is such a big space. From the moment I met my future coordinator Lisa, she made my parents and I feel like everything would be taken care of - onsite coordinating, all catering and drinks, the cakes, a lot of the decor...everything would be taken care of. She gave me ideas for churches closeby, a preferred vendor list, and answered my millions of questions before we even decided to book our wedding date. Little did I know that was just tip of the iceberg on the things Lisa would help me with in the next year - room blocks, luncheons, golf tournaments, every aspect of the wedding, food tastings - Lisa made it so easy for me to plan a wedding from out of state, and she always put my mind at ease. The wedding weekend turned out to be even better than we all expected, with impeccable food, service, staff, and the venue was just beautiful and enchanting. It was a dream come true.

The hotel:
The hotel is located in one of the most beautiful parts of Austin. The staff is very helpful, and will do whatever they can to make your stay comfortable. I love that it had different amentities to suit everyones want and needs - several restaurants, a spa, many great golf courses, clothing stores, even a starbucks! My out of town guests were all very happy that they had everything they needed closeby.

The actual hotel rooms are sooooo comfortable, with gorgeous views and modern amenties. My parents were automatically upgraded to a room in the "tower" portion of the hotel, which I really appreciated. My husband and I were treated to a honeymoon suite with champagne, chocolate covered stawberries, and leftovers from our reception. The actual suite was HUGE with a panaramic view from the balcony of the entire property. Everything was just perfect.

I cannot say enough good things about our experience, and can't wait to celebrate future special occasions at Barton Creek.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are glad you had a wonderful wedding and stay at Barton Creek! Lisa is one of the best in the industry. We look forward to you staying with us in the future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Came here for a conference in October 2012. I'm not a golfer, so clearly I'm already missing out on this place's main draw, but I still had a good time.

My room (649) was spacious and had an awesome view with a balcony. Everything was very clean and the service was great. The conference space was very comfortable, and the food was better than average for such events. The restaurants here were also quite good, and the bar (Barton's Lounge) was outstanding.

Couple of issues: the place is very sprawled out, and it takes some effort to get anywhere. We waited for a shuttle to one of the villas for quite a while, and when the well-meaning young gentleman arrived he drove us around a bit before finding the place we were looking for. Also, the wireless in my room was only available in the first third of the room (so, the bathroom), and had no signal from the beds or desk, which is a major inconvenience.

In all, the place was very professional and very well maintained. A few improvements might go a long way.

Room Tip: The tower is much closer to the main areas / restaurants, but farther from the spa and gym. If view...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for staying at Barton Creek and for providing this valuable feedback. We hope to see you back again soon!
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Booked trip thru booking.com room for 4 adults + 3 children, on arrival we had been allocated a 2x queen room, not any good to us, so we had to upgrade at our cost, though as not Barton Creeks fault I couldnt expect them to do much else.....note to self NEVER BOOK THROUGH BOOKING.COM

The resort itself was lovely, friendly, helpful staff. Spa & Fitness suite were excellent. Lovely restuarants and bar. the rooms were tastefully texan and beds comfortable.
We had a lovely few days there with a young family, I highly recommend for a mini break and hope to return sometime.......but will definately book direct with the hotel.

Room Tip: Really not worth paying extra for a balcony as they are unfurnished.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We're glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your break at Barton Creek. We invite you to book your next stay directly with us and our reservations staff will take very good care of you!
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The property is beautiful and a lot of fun. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The spa and service was by far the best I have had so far in all my travels. I booked a half day of spa services and walked out with an amazing, blissful glow :)
A must for an amazing get a way!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BartonCreekGM, General Manager at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Our Three Springs Spa staff will be thrilled to read your review. We aim for all guests to walk out with the same blissful glow. Thank you for sharing your experience!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Just hosted a golf event at Barton Creek Resort - great experience. The rooms are very clean and spacious and have that hill country touch. The property is very clean and well maintained. Plenty of places to eat and relax. Also, guests at the event commented how much they enjoyed their golf experiences and how great the food was! Will recommend Barton Creek for future events, they are very easy to work with!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Wonderful to hear you had a great experience hosting your golf event at Barton Creek. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to hosting you again!
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Barton Creek Resort & Spa for a business trip and had a very good experience. The grounds were very well maintained and the common areas in the hotel were nice, clean, and comfortable. My room was spacious, well appointed, and generally very clean. The one exception was that the comforter on the bed had a couple of fairly significant and noticeable stains. There is no way that this comforter should have been on the bed without being cleaned first. The sheets also had some discoloration in a couple of spots. I was somewhat surprised to find this considering the rest of the room was immaculate. During my stay I attended some meetings in the hotel's conference facilities and they were extremely nice. The conference facilities were extremely clean, had excellent audio/visual systems, were very comfortable in terms of temperature, and had very good food/drink service. In fact, I would have to say that the meeting facilities were some of the nicest and most comfortable that I've had the pleasure of using. I also had the opportunity to use the resort's spa facilities and they were also very nice. The service I received from the spa's very friendly staff was exemplary. I didn't have an opportunity to play golf during my stay, but the courses appeared to be very well maintained and challenging. Overall, I enjoyed my stay very much and had a great experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your Barton Creek experience during your business trip. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our meeting spaces and spa during your stay ... next time, you'll have to try one of our championship golf courses!

Been to Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!