Visited Barton Creek to attend an event near by outside of Austin. This was billed as a luxury golf resort. My stay was just fine and I have no major complaints. The staff was helpful and courteous and I had a large room with a great view. I was not there to play golf so I cannot comment there, but few others were golfing as the weather in August was over 100 each day I was there.
That said, this facility is being run as a large conference center, not a resort. The hotel layout is unusually bad with hard to find elevators, and a maze of private meeting rooms where the lobby should be. The lobby was off in a corner and all business, no attraction. The hotel was clean but worn and in bad need of an overall refresh. Just one example, the elevator interiors were badly painted over in latex. The dining options were also quite limited and seemed to be set up for large banquets rather than guest dining. My room was better, no complaints there.
While there was free internet on the ground floor, the rooms incurred a $14.95 per day charge for wi-fi with a 3MB limit!!! This was particularly irksome. They also put two bottles of water in the room marked $9.00 a piece. I don't remember the brand. I know that there a drought in Texas, but come on!!!!
If you are in the Hill Country, this might be an option but next time I will keep looking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort Club