“This was the highlight of our trip to Dallas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Segway Nation

Segway Nation
1108 Lavaca Street, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78701 (Downtown)
512-663-9634
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$42*
and up
Ranked #4 of 152 Activities in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway Nation offers many unique and fun Segway tours of Austin TX
Monticello, Minnesota, United States
“This was the highlight of our trip to Dallas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My family and I visited Dallas this past weekend and experienced an amazing tour with these guys. They were very informative and professional. My teenage sons had a blast. Stu was right, once you get past the first 10 seconds of riding the segway is the challenge. The remaining time is a tremendous amount of fun. You don't want to miss this tour. It is amazing and the staff is too!. What a great way to see Dallas... Thanks Guys!!!

Visited November 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Tour of Dallas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had the best tour ever of Dallas with Cameron and Stu! Very informative and fun! Cameron was able to share excellent historical information and also current news! I would highly recommend this way of seeing the city!

Visited October 2013
Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Fun way to see the city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I recently took a Segway tour of Austin with Segway Nation and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had never used one before but it was really easy after about 5 minutes. Once I knew I couldn't flip it, I was a lot more comfortable! Our guide was fun and knowledgeable. We took the 2.5 hour tour - it was great and went by quickly! It starts with practicing on the grounds of the capital (with a little Texas history lesson) and moves down Congress to 6th St. Eventually you make your way south, across the bridge and through a big park and back up to the capital... Lots of little Austin history snippets along the way, including buildings, statues, and historic locations. They give you a bottle of water but I would recommend sunscreen if you burn easily! We will do it again in San Antonio or Dallas!

Visited September 2013
Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My brother and sister came to visit from out of town and we did a one hour fun run tour. It was a blast. We got to go around the Capital and 6th street.

Visited August 2013
Grapevine, Texas
“Do it now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

What great fun! Though a little apprehensive at first, that mostly ended with the individual mini-lesson and ‎anecdotally supportive encouragement, both provided by Elizabeth - her vignettes would continue throughout the remaining hour and a half of our noon-time city tour.

Our tour began with a good period of time spent around the grounds of the (across the street) state capital building. Since there were not many people on the sidewalks, our tour group of five had ample time to become relaxed with the Segway - riding in circles, straight-aways, through close "obstacles". Once in front of the capital, we stopped for Elizabeth to take individual/personal group pictures.

Confident of our now accomplished abilities ;), we proceeded along the sidewalks of downtown Austin. Numerous pauses were taken for Elizabeth to explain points of history - chronological, architectural, and the never to be neglected Music Heritage of Austin. This portion of our adventure concluded at Town Lake near Congress Av Bridge. Whew, time for a break to walk around, shake out the legs and feet, have a drink of water or a seat on a park bench.

On the return, we came back through downtown before ending where we began - at the capital building grounds. But now we were "seasoned veterans". None of that tenaciously slow, pokey, pokey business. This time, we were flying back to the Lavaca St Segway Nation home.

For what it's worth - my friend and I are both in our early 60's. I encourage any of that age group to jump on and ride with the wind! It really is great fun!

And many thanks to Elizabeth!

Visited August 2013

Been to Segway Nation? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Segway Nation, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.