“Lots of trouble, help was a joke!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #29 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Azle, Texas
“Lots of trouble, help was a joke!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here a couple of days in March. We had trouble 3 times with getting the TV to work and having to have someone come to the room each time to try to solve the problem. They were friendly and did get it working but really- three times in a two day stay- just to watch TV. One visit should have fixed the problem.
The biggest issue was that we accidentally left behind a couple of items and when we called that evening about them we were put off till the next day when housekeeping would be there. We made several more calls and none of our items were ever located or returned to us. There was no real apology, just a kind of rude attitude- well- we don't see them here, too bad. One was a small water kettle and the other was a shopping bag with two new items of clothing in it. Yes, we should have checked closer when we left but we could not believe how uncooperative they were about returning our items. I left something at a LaQuinta years ago in Houston and it was mailed back to us quickly and with great courtesy, NOT the case here. I hope someone enjoyed my new clothing- I never got to.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this location because I was attending a seminar at another hotel in town. Friends had previously stayed here and recommended it. I was not disappointed. With the exception of some drops of a foreign liquid (coffee maybe?) on one of the laminated information cards that was lying on the bed when I first entered the room, this room was clean and as neat as a pin. It had a layout and all of the extras that make for a comfortable stay.

The staff was polite, friendly and helpful~ and it was a very busy night, as the hotel was completely booked up. (It's easy to be nice when there's nothing going on, but tougher when the phone is constantly ringing and people are at the front desk.) So, kudos for the amazing customer service.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the stairwell.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very professional, competent, caring staff. Nice clean hotel - great breakfasts. Good location. Would definitely stay there again! If you need/want to be in Austin, this is a great choice - family and pet-friendly too.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Victoria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel on April 11, 2015. The staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful. I had to be at an event for a while. My dog started barking and when he didn't stop, the staff called and asked if they could go in and check on him. They went in my room, with permission, and gave my dog treats while we were out. He calmed down and I was able to stay at the event. I have never stayed at a hotel that tried to help get my dog to stop barking. Usually, they just call and say to go pick the dog up. The grounds were very clean and the hotel was very clean as well. When we walked in the room, it actually smelled clean. We enjoyed our stay very much and will be staying again in the coming weeks. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is not your father's LaQuinta! We've stayed at dozens, most of which were clean and a good value. Boy was I surprised to walk into this one to see a high end design. It felt like we had stepped into Miami Beach. Tall ceilings, zoomy furniture, modern sinks and fixtures all made for a very nice environment. If you look closely, you will see that the materials quality is only a little above builder grade, but it's been done masterfully. The staff was frendly and unlike most LaQuintas, the breakfast featured a vairety of hot dishes, including scrambled eggs.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Livingston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent exprience at this hotel. This was our first time to stay at this location. Highly recommend this hotel. Very pleasant people work there, which made it very enjoyable. We will be back when we're in town.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was so disappointed in my stay. I was here for 3 days. The first day was great! Lobby was clean and shiny at check in. Michael was fantastic! I woke up for breakfast and wish I hadn't. It was disgusting. Sloppy and unorganized; stale and out of date food is just not acceptable regardless whether it is complimentary as the large man at the front desk informed me. My encounters with the man for the next day were never enjoyable. He is rude and should definitely find another career because he is not good at this one. I had the misfortune of returning to my room that night to find ants all along the window sill and on the desk. Why would I have ants when there was not a drop of food in the room?? I reported this to the front desk and the lady said "just wipe them off with your towel". I was horrified at this point. I will never return to this property! The manager would not come out of his office to speak with me or he simply was not there. The woman manager I was told about was too busy. Not impressed.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin/Cedar Park/Lakeline? Share your experiences!