“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Austin, Texas (Northwest)

Save Saved
You added Value Place Austin, Texas (Northwest) to your Saves list
Value Place Austin, Texas (Northwest)
Value Place Austin, Texas (Northwest)
13689 Research Blvd, Highway 183 & Hymeadow, Austin, TX 78750 (Formerly Value Place Hymeadow) (Northwest Austin)   |
Ranked #10 of 21 Specialty lodging in Austin
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Room was very clean, safe location. Small but still a great value for the whole week stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Earth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

$30 to replace a pillowcase. YIKES! Had I known, I would have gone to Wal-Mart and bought one to replace the one that got messed up. Ridiculous! Especially when they buy them in bulk at a reduced rate.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

My family and I checked in a few weeks ago and we were able to get the room we requested and they kept the promise of clean and safe. The secured bldg made it easyer for us not to worie about the weather or anything else. The room was very clean and the people were freindly. Our room was about 35.00 a night and we did not expect too many frills. It was perfect for our vacation and we will be back. I did look at other options but you cant beat the price for what you get.

Room Tip: Get the one with the couch
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
LIPgdyer, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Austin, Texas (Northwest), responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Value Place Management
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed in value place for 3weeks but I found the front desk don't care for complains they have a policy of room cleaning after 2 weeks I called three days asking about it but they keep telling me the house keeper will do today but that day did not come.I experienced "BUG BITE" at nights I complained at front desk she sent some maintenance person he tried to find at edges of room as could not find he told me there is no bed bug I tried to sleep again but could not by getting bites every nights and after 3 days of 3rd week when I found "BED BUG" I told front desk taking the evidence of dead bed bug on hand.They checked the room as same way as they did before as they could not find and they blamed us that we have bugs with us asked us to check out the as soon as possible it was really a very shocking action taken by the management it was extremely bad action and not the real solution of the problem we were sure we don't have bed bugs with us but they did not listen to us and also till the end of the week we did not get house keeping service they told that was the policy and blamed us.
I can never believe that can be the motel policy that if you get bug bite means u r out of the motel.......It was bad experience we are on business purpose in Austin never expected this behaviour from Value Place.

Never want to step in again ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed at this establishment for a month (late August til late September). It was bare bones to say the least. Walls are paper thin and the check in person told me that up front as I was checking in (not my choice of hotel, but placed here due to budget restraints of clients who booked me here). The room had a musty odor which I helped eliminate by spraying the A/C unit with Lysol and adding some room fresheners. The refrigerator was clean as were the bathroom fixtures. The carpet was dirty as was evidenced by the socks that I only wore when in the room...clean carpets and floors do not produce dirty socks. The microwave was burnt inside...discolored. The beds are not comfortable and the sheets were cheap and very pilled, which I remedied with a set of inexpensive sheets from WalMart ($25). The towels were ok, but once they took the washcloths, I never got another set. I decided to purchase a small vacuum instead of waiting for the undisclosed cleaning date every 2 weeks. Let's just say my vacuum picked up quite a bit of dirt. There were loud families and other guests in the hotel, as well as people on business trips, and a few retired traveling couples. There were also a number of people on assistance of some sort that were staying at the hotel, meaning it was their home. There were sleezy looking men staying there that made me feel uncomfortable if I ended up in the elevator with one of them. One night we were evacuated at 1 am due to a GREASE FIRE in a room on the 3rd floor. The district manager and a few employees were helpful but the front desk person was more than a bit edgy. After an hour or two of chaos, we were finally assembled and the process of finding us a place to stay for the night began. People had to wait to go back inside escorted to gather up essentials...think diapers for baby, cell phones, computers, medical supplies, etc. I was in my replacement room in another establishment at 5 am. We were told to come back in the morning, they would know if we could return to our rooms or not by 11 am...if the room would be safe. I was allowed back in my room, and was told there was no damage on the second floor. Beginning a few days later and lasting about a week, the first and second floor hallways were filled with removed carpet, holes drilled in the walls, removed ceiling tiles, large dehumidifiers, and industrial strength fans. I had a cord strung on the floor across my doorway (nice trip hazard). There were signs posted everywhere telling the guests to not leave cooking foods unattended. Cannot say I was comfortable with any of this, but refunds are not offered at Value Place. The laundry room is small, but the machines were nice. The vending area is only on the first floor and is very limited. I would not recommend staying here for any length of time, under any circumstances.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Austin, Texas (Northwest), responded to this review, October 25, 2011
We appreciate all guest feedback at Value Place. Late in the evening on September 7, 2011 there was a minor fire that was contained to one guest room on the third floor. Guest safety is the highest Value Place priority, and the sprinkler system was immediately activated. Value Place protocol was followed precisely to evacuate the property, access the situation, and work with the local Fire Department officials. There was no reported harm to guests.

Management moved quickly and placed all guests in local hotels overnight handling all room costs. The property manager worked with guests to retrieve necessary belongings from their studios before moving their lodging accommodations for the remainder of the evening. The majority of guests were allowed back into the property the next day.

The pictures submitted by the guests on this page illustrate our precise cleanup procedures, such as heaters and blowers for water damage – and do not accurately reflect the appearance of the property on a typical day. Value Place is proud of our property team’s fast response and adherence to our high level of safety standards that evening. These pictures show that no matter the circumstance, Value Place will always aim to be the affordable, cleaner, safer, flexible and simple lodging choice for our valued guests

Value Place Management
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I was looking for a place where I might be able to stay for about a month. I spent 1 week in this place. The first night I was here, it was EXTREMELY noisy. So much that I got MAYBE 3 hours sleep. The following night about 7 PM, the same room started out being noisy again. I called the security person and complained. I explained that they had kept me up the night before and I would appreciate it if he would say something to them. He said that the "quiet time" didn't start until 10PM. They could make as much noise as they wanted until then. Needless to say at 10:10, I called him back. He didn't want to say anything to them, but I insisted. Since the walls are so thin I heard him when he came up and repeatedly knocked on their door. They finally came to the door and he did take care of the problem. After that it wasn't noisy at all. You hear normal noises, like shutting doors, people walking around, etc but the extreme noises stopped. The beds are HORRIBLE! If you have back trouble, bring an air mattress. I don't have back trouble, but this place tore me up. Believe it or not, an air mattress would be better. Occasionally I have to work from my room for my job. I paid the extra $10 a week for internet. It is non existent - why they make you pay for something that is worse than dial up is beyond me. Something that typically takes 5 minutes to perform, took 45 minutes. No wireless, which would be ok if it worked. The manager is extremely nice and so is the staff. I'm sure the security guy meant well because I am sure that he probably gets complaints all the time about noise. I felt like I had to coax him to take action when all he had to do was get off the elevator he could have heard them loud and clear anywhere on our floor...even the floor below. Bottom line you get what you pay for. 4 people can stay in 1 room and it will cost them $300 each monthly. That says it all.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

When faced with relocation to the Austin area from Ohio on short notice, it became clear right away that fining a place to stay would be challenging. Not knowing the city or the reputations of those advertising long term lodging options, I began to contact several companies that advertised as extended stay properties. Most people I spoke to were rude to the point that you knew that you didn't want to even be around people like that, much less stay at their place.

Once I called the Value Place at Hymeadow, I was confident that I had found my new home in Austin. The staff was friendly and responsive over the phone. Made my arrangements in advance and made the transition almost seamless.

Once I arrived, I was surprised at how clean the properrty is. The exterior looks new (Think it opened in 2009), entranceway and everything else was clean and well taken care of. Checked in and was impressed from day one. Been here ever since and plan to be here for a long time, as you will not find a better deal in Austin. (I've checked)

Austin is expensive to live in, at least it is for me. The monthly rate that include utilities and a quiet, clean environment just can't be beat! The full size refrigerator, kitchenette, I and the rest of the room is "comfy" and functional.

The one aspect that I found particularily important is the security. All doors are key entry and cameras are in the right places throughout the property, including the elevator. The no tolerance on drugs and mischief really makes it all come together nicely.

For the best rates (daily, weekly and monthly), some of the nicest staff and responsive manager, and a clean safe environment, you really should check this property out.
You won't find a better deal in Austin, period.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Value Place Austin, Texas (Northwest)? Share your experiences!