I stayed at this establishment for a month (late August til late September). It was bare bones to say the least. Walls are paper thin and the check in person told me that up front as I was checking in (not my choice of hotel, but placed here due to budget restraints of clients who booked me here). The room had a musty odor which I helped eliminate by spraying the A/C unit with Lysol and adding some room fresheners. The refrigerator was clean as were the bathroom fixtures. The carpet was dirty as was evidenced by the socks that I only wore when in the room...clean carpets and floors do not produce dirty socks. The microwave was burnt inside...discolored. The beds are not comfortable and the sheets were cheap and very pilled, which I remedied with a set of inexpensive sheets from WalMart ($25). The towels were ok, but once they took the washcloths, I never got another set. I decided to purchase a small vacuum instead of waiting for the undisclosed cleaning date every 2 weeks. Let's just say my vacuum picked up quite a bit of dirt. There were loud families and other guests in the hotel, as well as people on business trips, and a few retired traveling couples. There were also a number of people on assistance of some sort that were staying at the hotel, meaning it was their home. There were sleezy looking men staying there that made me feel uncomfortable if I ended up in the elevator with one of them. One night we were evacuated at 1 am due to a GREASE FIRE in a room on the 3rd floor. The district manager and a few employees were helpful but the front desk person was more than a bit edgy. After an hour or two of chaos, we were finally assembled and the process of finding us a place to stay for the night began. People had to wait to go back inside escorted to gather up essentials...think diapers for baby, cell phones, computers, medical supplies, etc. I was in my replacement room in another establishment at 5 am. We were told to come back in the morning, they would know if we could return to our rooms or not by 11 am...if the room would be safe. I was allowed back in my room, and was told there was no damage on the second floor. Beginning a few days later and lasting about a week, the first and second floor hallways were filled with removed carpet, holes drilled in the walls, removed ceiling tiles, large dehumidifiers, and industrial strength fans. I had a cord strung on the floor across my doorway (nice trip hazard). There were signs posted everywhere telling the guests to not leave cooking foods unattended. Cannot say I was comfortable with any of this, but refunds are not offered at Value Place. The laundry room is small, but the machines were nice. The vending area is only on the first floor and is very limited. I would not recommend staying here for any length of time, under any circumstances.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Value Place Hymeadow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.