You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport to your Saves list
Ranked #54 of 188 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“worst ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The reservations were not in system paid more than I agreed to. ..room was not clean no towles , and the maid didnt come clean on next day no clean towles ot toilet paper. ...management didn't have any problem, with my complaint. ...told me to complain about it to bbooking.com

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ames, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

To start off, I booked the hotel online and reserved a room with 1 Queen size bed. Once I checked in and got to my room it turns out there are two beds - not what I booked. Second of all, how can a hotel that is "4-tier" (according to Wyndham) not have a mini refrigerator? I stay at the Super 8s and Days Inns frequently and even they have the mini refrigerator, the only difference is their rates are much lower in price! Thirdly, they have a sign at the front desk that says they have combs, tooth paste, tooth brush, soap etc. free of charge if you run out. Well, I ran out of toothpaste and went to the desk to request some and sure enough they don't have any. Fourth, the entire hotel has a stale smell to it, not a musty smell, but almost an odor of dead skin (perhaps that explains why my room was so dusty?). And last off, and this is by far the biggest reason I would recommend NOT staying here...the beds and pillows are the most uncomfortable I have slept on in my life, not an exaggeration. I have slept on old beds at run down motels while traveling just because they were the only place in town and their beds were more comfortable than these. The pillows are hard and the bed is lumpy and as hard as a cement block. I tossed and turned all night, maybe got two hours sleep total and woke up with an aching back. Terrible.

The icing on the cake is, I used 14,000 Wyndham Reward Points to book this place because it was supposedly nicer and a bit closer to my destination than the Super 8 & Days Inn that cost only 10,000 Points. I got robbed like a thief in the night.

Now for the 1 and ONLY positive thing about this hotel; the person who was working behind the counter was extremely polite and courteous and really excels at what he does, kudos to him.

As for breakfast, I can't comment as to whether that was good, bad, or otherwise as I had other arrangements, so perhaps their breakfast was alright as well.

Other than that, if you want to get any sleep at night I would recommend finding another hotel in the area. The beds and pillows are not fit to use and will hurt your back. Choose wisely and avoid this place!!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Olathe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My check in and out was fast and friendly. The lobby was clean and comfortable. The room was just big enough with a comfortable bed, fast wifi, and the shower was hot with great water pressure. The breakfast was good with hot coffee and waffles.

Northfield, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Not just the towels deal that saves on wear and tear and laundry soap (&$), but also on amenities. If you need and amenities besides soap either bring it along or just ask for it. No pool. No microwave in room, but you can use the one in the breakfast area. No frige, but ice was easy to obtain. They save on the footprint too; we had a 1 Q room which was compact but well designed. Good, helpful, pleasant staff. Above average breakfast. Best value near the airport by far.

Room Tip: East side, so you can easily check to see that AUS is in operation.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Microtel B, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for supplying us with your feedback in this review. We are always willing to hear what our guests have to say and then take their information for further review. We are glad to know that our guest rooms and wonderful staff. We welcome you back and look forward to the next time you reside with us.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Everything about our stay was amazing. After reading other reviews we didn't know what we would find. If you believe any of the past review about this hotel, you will miss out on an amazing experience. The room was so quiet the first nite, I wondered if we were the only people on that floor.
We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. The Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport has gone under new management within the past few months and it is very rewarding to see a five out of five rating, praising our good work! We do hope to see you again soon.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport? Share your experiences!