“Outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 190 Hotels in Austin
San Antonio, Texas
“Outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is not my usual hotel brand, but I chose it because of the convenient location to a meeting I had the next morning. I was so impressed with the stay. I knew that I would be flying in late at night, so I communicated that to the staff in advance. The general manager replied to my e-mail personally and promptly. The clerk on duty upon my arrival made check-in simple and hassle-free. My flight was late, so I did not arrive until well after midnight. I was tired after almost 24 hours of traveling, so the quick check-in was much appreciated. The room was new and well-appointed, and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
microtelaustin, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
We are so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff was fast and efficient. We hope you stay with us on your next visit to the Austin area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I just completed a 2 night stay at the Microtel near Austin Airport. The hotel is literally 5 minutes drive from the airport, and also offers complimentary shuttle service hourly from 6am-10pm. The hotel appears to be reasonably new, and the rooms and hallways are clean. Standard fare complimentary breakfast is provided (Bagels, bread, eggs, etc.). Free high-speed wireless internet is also included, and connection speeds are fast. For a budget airport hotel, this was a very good experience across the board. The rooms and bathrooms were clean with decent towels and soap / shampoo. Coffee is provided in-room and there is also coffee in the lobby.

Overall, a very good hotel for the price; certainly not fancy, but great for transiting or late/early flights.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope you stay with us on your next visit to the Austin area.
Spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Normally I do not report reviews but this hotel was so nice -- the people were very polite and the hotel was very clean. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Tulsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Not a bad place to stay with regard to price and quality of room. The hotel was clean, but small. The continental breakfast was O.K. not bad, but certainly nothing to rave about. The stale bannanas were a turn off and the scrambled eggs tasted bland. No fresh fruits, but they did have O.J., Apple and Milk. The hotel staff was friendly and a particular night clerk (Brandon) was especially helpful and knowledgeable on places to eat. He was great! I would have liked to have had some maps printed out for the Circuit of the Americas race track and associated roads to and from. That would have been helpful as the traffic was horrendous leaving COTA and suggested alternative routes would have been helpful. All in all I would probably stay there again, but I will opt to spend a few dollars more next time on surrounding hotels near Microtel that offer just a bit more ammenities.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying on the second floor and above. Ground floor rooms would be subject to mor...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Super 8 Austin Airport, South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin - Airport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport

Address: 7705 Metro Center Drive, Austin, TX 78744
Location: United States > Texas > Austin
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#41 Romantic Hotel in Austin
#45 Family Hotel in Austin
#50 Business Hotel in Austin
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn & Suites Austin Airport Hotel Austin
Microtel Inn And Suites Austin Airport

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Austin Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.