“Really Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Austin at The Domain

You added The Westin Austin at The Domain to your Saves list
The Westin Austin at The Domain
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11301 Domain Drive, Austin, TX 78758 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #22 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“Really Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is my 2nd time to stay at this hotel. My last stay was 2011. When you walk into this hotel's lovely lobby, the the aroma therapy smell transforms you to a tropical resort hotel. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. The hotel is located in the middle of a congested shopping area with apartments and construction, but once you enter the lobby, you feel a real calmness. Our room was really pretty with the fantastic "heavenly bed". The sleep quality in the room was fantastic, and Westin always has the best toiletries. The hotel is not in the greatest location for touring Austin, but if you want peace and tranquility in the midst of weird Austin, you have come to the right.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Kamy,
Do you mind if I use your quote " if you are searching for peace and tranquility in the midst of wierd Austin" in our marketing materials? PERFECT!
Thank you for the review and we look forward to your third visit soon.
Dave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've been to the Westin at the Domain several times, and look forward to every visit. The biggest knock on the hotel is that it's not downtown--which is not unimportant, considering that so much of Austin is downtown--but that aside, this is an outstanding Westin. The property itself is fairly new, and has been kept in new condition: it still appears like it opened last week. The rooms are large and feature all the standard amenities one would expect from a Westin, but the biggest asset is the staff. Everyone from bartenders to cleaning staff to people manning the front desks is extremely friendly, and seemingly omnipresent. It's the kind of service you'd expect from a five-star hotel in Dubai or Hong Kong, and it makes every stay a great one.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ty D,
I appreciate your review and especially the comments regarding our service and cleanliness. They are the foundation of our business and a real sense of pride for us.
We look forward to welcoming you back again and again.
Camden, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I traveled to Austin for a meeting and had an outstanding experience staying at the Westin Austin at The Domain. First off, the hotel itself was beautiful. The accommodations and the service provided were all top notch. The location allowed for great walking and shopping! The shops at The Domain were great and they shipped my purchases home. New Balance has an arrangement at this hotel and I was able to request sneakers for the fitness center and did not have to pack my own. Overall an outstanding experience all around.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th Floor and it was great. No noise, quick elevators and good views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear juneParent,
Thank you for the detailed review of our hotel and service. Our Gear Lending program is very popular and I'm glad you found it convenient.
Regards,
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was shockingly surprised by the number of valets, greeters and checkin clerks when we arrived at this beautiful hotel. Normally only the 5 star hotels in foregin countries have I experience such service. Hector checked us in very efficiently and added personal touches making us feel at home.

The bar was hopping. Live music, a GREAT Happy Hour, most everything was half-price and the free, delicious thin crust pizzas could not be beat.

Our room was top notch...as expected from a Westin. Good airconditioning, rain shower, great bedding, very high quality TV's (definitely a plus).

Thoroughly enjoyed the stay, the staff, and the location. Back again soon....

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Domain give you a nice view and there is no noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SteveBerry2020,
Can a hotel be overstaffed? Hmm, the bean counters don't like reviews like this, so lets not share it with them!
I appreciate your detailed comments and am thankful you enjoyed your stay. The live music and our approach to Happy Hour has been a terrific addition to our guest experience, both hotel guests and locals.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This Westin is only a couple of years old and remains in excellent shape. The rooms are typical Westin with the much-loved heavenly showers and beds. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Free parking. The only minus I'd really point out here is the size of the property as it's the smallest Westin I've seen - small pool, few dining options, etc. That said - it is adjacent to the Domain, which has tons of solid options for dining as well as nice shopping ... and there is more in the works. Obviously, it's not near downtown so that could be a drawback with the way traffic can be in this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear ellen0206,
Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Austin. I'm glad you were able to experience our friendly and helpful staff. We hope you stay with us again when in Austin to explore all of the new options coming to The Domain.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

For some reason, I couldn't make a decision as to where to stay this trip. I vacillated between overpaying to stay downtown or getting a good price and staying at the Westin Domain. I made the right decision based on more than simply price, although the price was excellent. The hotel was immaculate - from the fresh, clean scent in the lobby upon arrival, to the impeccably outfitted rooms.
I loved the fact that parking was a breeze, and the lobby was a happy, cheerful and very pretty place to hang out. The restaurant was outstanding for breakfast, and I typically don't eat in hotel restaurants.
Despite my less-than desirable view of the back side of the hotel, with construction going on, my experience was first-class. Actually, I was rewarded with the most gorgeous view of the sunrise because of my room location, so don't know that I would even argue that it was a bad location!!
I am an avid traveler, and I have very high standards. It was easy getting in and out of the hotel, I loved the convenience of the Domain shopping, and MOST of all, the staff was fabulous. They were so friendly and welcoming and truly went out of their way to be warm and inviting. Felt like I was coming home to old friends at the end of the night - it was intimate despite its large size.
Love that I don't have to think about where to stay next time I am in Austin. This is my new go-to place without a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Domain Shopping center as opposed to the back side of the hotel. H...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear CrazyhazyPlano,
I really like what you have to say about our hotel and it's location but I LOVE what you experienced from our staff. Friendly, welcoming, warm, inviting and like coming home to old friends. You made our day!
We look forward to your return,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Once again my experience at the Westin Austin at the Domain was purely bliss. I was received at the hotel desk by Taylor who her welcoming, professional demeanor, and generosity, made me feel as if I was home away from home. The staff had arrange for my in room massage, which went very well after a much stressful month. When at the Westin Austin at the Domain, I always dine in room and the waiters were very attentive to my needs, I rested, watched movies and reviewed my books in a peaceful leisure.The room was very clean, the bed Heanvenly , I felt very well taken care of. Gods willing I'll see you next month.
To all of you at The Westin Austin at the Domain a Big Thank You.
Kind Regards,
Luis Caldeira Piedade

• Stayed September 2013
Dear LuisCaldeir,
Thank you for such a detailed review and your continued business. We look forward to taking care of you again in the near future.
Dave

Been to The Westin Austin at The Domain? Share your experiences!