“Relaxing and great shopping” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Austin at The Domain

Save Saved
You added The Westin Austin at The Domain to your Saves list
The Westin Austin at The Domain
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11301 Domain Drive, Austin, TX 78758 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #22 of 184 hotels in Austin
Calgary, Canada
“Relaxing and great shopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Although this Westin location is somewhat out of the way from many of Austin's "classic" attractions, the calming atmosphere was delightful. The variety of shops just steps away was a lot of fun, with everything available from great Italian food to Tiffany jewellery.
And if you don't feel like going out for dinner, the "Happy Hour" half price drinks and food are right there in the laid back, modern lounge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

639 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Lugano, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Westin Domain in Austin is not downtown and I was there for the U.S. Formula 1 Grand Prix. They took advantage of the race to triple the room rates. More than triple the rates! Overall, not a bad hotel but not the best Westin I've stayed at. However all the people who worked there were very nice, even if some were contract workers for the race.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied by the location of our hotel. As stated on our website, we are a quick 15 minute drive from downtown. However, The Domain, in which we are located, is itself a very desirable destination with lots of shopping, dining and entertainment options.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to do so.

Sean Haughey
Front Office Manager
512.687.6634
sean.haughey@westinaustinatthedomain.com
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

When I made the reservation, i checked out the website to see what it looked like. I think the website needs new pictures because in person, the lobby and the rooms looked way better in person. The beds were amazing like other westin properties. One thing i definitely appreciated was the room attendant's service. I requested mulitple times, but without fail, they came right away to give me what i requested for. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Westin Domain in Austin is fantastic. Wonderful bed, huge shower and a great bar. Within walking distance of a very nice movie theatre the Westin was well worth it. The rooms are very big. The only negative would be that WIFI is not complimentary.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at the Westin Domain in Austin for work in September. Overall, I had a great experience at the hotel. While it is not in the heart of Austin (quite far North), it is a nice property with a lot of services around it. It is right next to a large mall and has some quality food options itself (really enjoyed my dinner). Further, I was able to get an excellent rate so the value for money was quite high. If I need to return to North Austin, I would enjoy returning to the Westin Domain.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DFW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

One of my younger sisters and I decided to have a girl's weekend away from our kids and husbands. We wanted something that was a little posh, in a good location with lots of shopping and dining options. The Westin was PERFECT. To begin with, I called the Westin directly to see if there were any specials currently going on. This was after pricing it on various internet sites and also through a few other travel options that I have. The gentleman that I spoke with, extremely helpful, polite, humorous, and he was able to reserve a room for us at a great deal. I received a couple of emails from them prior to our trip, which was also nice.

Location: Was exactly what we were looking for. There were numerous shops and places to dine at all within easy walking distance. As in across the street. The Westin in on the end of the Domain shopping area, before what looked to be condo/apts began. This was nice because that meant you weren't in the middle of all the shopping where noise and traffic might be a concern. The variety of shops and restaurants was also nice.

Hotel: The inside feels very urban to me. Not sure if that is the correct style, but modern, straight lines, clean, earthy tones. Everything looked very nice. When you walk in, there is a lounge area to the right and the bar with more lounge space is to the left. Check-in was straight ahead.

Room: Again, a very city urban feel. I will admit, that I hated the color of the carpet, but my sister loved it. Also the closet door looks weird. Reminded me of those tall filing cabinets from school. But loved everything else. The beds....wow. Comfortable! With nice plush covers and pillows. No complaints :) Water pressure was also very good, especially given that we were on the 7th floor. Our room was in the front of the hotel, so our view looked out over the entrance and over to the shopping areas. Again, no complaints.

Staff: A room is a room is a room. But staff can really make or break a place. That and a lousy bed :) Everyone there was wonderful. No, better than wonderful. I'm not really sure I can think of a word to describe how incredible they were. My sister and I had arrived late and were interested in food, but it was almost 10pm. Both of the girls at the front desk were extremely helpful in helping us decide where we wanted to go and eat. Then when we wanted to go shopping, they had some great suggestions as well. The waitstaff in the Urban grill was extremely friendly as well. The bartenders were more than willing to let my sister sample the various beers that were on tap before choosing one. When we needed a taxi, they not only called one for us, but found us in the bar area to let us know that it had arrived.

Overall: Next time I need a place to stay while in Austin, this is it. I couldn't ask for more. And when I travel in the future, I will definitely see if there is a Westin hotel near!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for three nights on a recent trip to Austin for a friend's wedding. The service was excellent--all the hotel's employees seemed very willing to go out of their way to help you with anything you wanted or needed. The rooms were very nice and the bed's very quite comfortable as with all Westin hotels. My only complaint with the rooms was that the bathroom was slightly cramped, mainly because there's a huge door that opens INWARD, so it's a little tough to negotiate that. Otherwise there is nothing bad I could say about the rooms and I would specifically note that our room was very clean. There's a nice little bar in the hotel lobby that's a great place to grab a quick drink before or after heading out for the evening. Free parking is a nice bonus.

Really the only downside to this hotel is that it's in sort of a bland shopping district. This will appeal to some people. If your idea of a vacation is going out shopping at the typical department stores (Macy's is right across the store) and similar shops, then you'll love this area. But if you're looking for local flavor or culture it is pretty lacking. It's quite a drive to the more interesting downtown area.

Also the area is under pretty heavy construction right now. Views from the hotel feature a construction area and a large power plant.

All in all I would recommend this hotel especially because of how great the service is. Just consider whether the Domain is really the area you want to stay in.

Room Tip: Get a room on an upper floor, but don't worry about the view as there really isn't one from...