“Great service and good deal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn and Suites Austin North / Parmer Lane

You added Fairfield Inn and Suites Austin North / Parmer Lane to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn and Suites Austin North / Parmer Lane
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12536 N IH35, Austin, TX 78753   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #40 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Groton Long Point, Connecticut
“Great service and good deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I was here for 11 nights on business and was quite impressed. The front desk staff were incredibly helpful- I asked for a microwave and mini-fridge because of the length of my stay, and they found one for me quickly. The bed was comfortable and the room was always incredibly clean each night. The cookies in the lobby at night were a nice touch.

There were a few areas that could use improvement, but they are small enough that the property still deserves five stars:
-The hot breakfast items were the same every day- scrambled eggs and pork sausage. It would have been nice to have some variety, but I did have a longer stay than most.
-The fitness center was always clean, but lacked water or towels. This would have been a nice touch.
-Despite being just off the interstate, the hotel is a bit hard to find- it's tucked behind two other Marriott properties in a small business park but doesn't have any streetside signage of its own.

Overall, I was very impressed by the hotel, and it was a nice place to call 'home' for two weeks. If I find myself in need of a good deal on a hotel in Austin again, I'd definitely stay here.

Green Features: Standard Marriott sustainable practices- the only thing that would be better would be a way to not have to use a disposable cup to fill the waffle machine. It seemed like quite a waste.
Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Grant1234, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Austin North / Parmer Lane, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor, I can't tell you how much it means to the team and myself that someone who stayed as long as you did to sy such nice things about our hotel. We strive for great service and accomodations with all of our guests, but even more so with the ones who are spending an extended amount of time away from home with us. I will be sure to pass your information along to our entire staff and I know they will be happy to hear it. Thank you so much for your time and your review and have a great day.

Grant D'Entremont

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very nice staff at check-in gave us a free upgrade to a suite from a normal room. Spacious and nicely located. Good standard Fairfield breakfast!! Clean and comfortable. Easy checkout. No parking fees. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Grant1234, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Austin North / Parmer Lane, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your great feedback and positive comments. It always makes our day to hear from a guest who enjoyed their stay, and we really appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team, I know they will be thrilled. Thank you for your time and for staying with us.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our reservation was booked 2 weeks in advance but when we arrived relatively early (2 pm) on a Wednesday we were given a handicap room. We asked for a king room and they were able to get us one. Room was nice but all the refrigerators were used (remind you this is Inn and Suites) and most I have been to had refrigerators. Only a shower and no bathub.

The indoors swimming pool was great but there was not jacuzzi.

We returned on Saturday but I called in advance to make sure we had a refrigerator in our room and we did! Much better second time!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Sandy,
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a review on trip advisor. I wanted to take a moment to explain the room choice on your first stay, the only king rooms that we have that have tubs are the handicapped rooms, these rooms are actually larger and we always check to ensure they are not needed before accomodating a request for a king size bed and a tub. A good majority of our rooms have refridgerators and microwaves in them, but we are still working through getting them in all our rooms, as you are correct they are a highly desired item, but if we do get a request we do everything we can to accomodate our guests needs. Thank you so much for all your kind words and your advice to future travelers, as well as for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Twenty-four members of our family met at this hotel for one week for a family reunion. Absolutely everything was excellent. The staff was exceptional, always friendly and helpful, and very welcoming. The breakfast was plentiful, fresh and tasty. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. We used the breakfast area as a common area to socialize and do puzzles. We made good use of the exercise room and the pool also. This hotel was the perfect host for our gathering.

Room Tip: The suites are only a little more expensive and give quite a bit more room. They are worth the extra...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Carol,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really enjoyed having your family here, they are a special group of people, and were fantastic to be around. It is groups like yours that make our daily life fun and exciting, and we are so glad you decided to stay with us. Thank you again for your kind words and for the great weekend.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I traveled to Austin on almost a bi-weekly basis from November 2013 to Feb. 2014 and this was my go-to hotel. Originally picked based upon other's feedback and centralized location for business purposes.

Easy access from interstate
Super clean and new rooms
Very friendly staff
Great food for Breakfast, coffee
New and fresh interior

Most of the travelers there appeared to be business travelers as well so it was always a nice quiet stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Charles,
Thank you so much for your kind words and for being one of our most frequent guests. You are correct we are primarily a business hotel all week, and then we all the road warriors head home, we a full up with families, sports teams, weddings, you name it really. We love all types of guests, but our favorites are the ones that come back time and time again. Thank you so much for your time and for your positive review and have a wondeful day.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I don't expect much at Fairfield. Spartan furnishings, etc. But i must say that this hotel was a pleasant surprise. Incredibly efficient check in, very friendly staff and, most of all, very, very helpful. I left a bag in the room with some expensive purchases I had made and when I phoned them three days later inquiring if they had the items, i learned they did and they volunteered to ship to me Fedex. Now, that is service.

This is now my go to hotel in Austin.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Hi Jim,
Thank you so much for your review, and for your positive comments. I love to tell people all the time, this is not your typical Fairfield, sometimes they believe me sometimes they don't, but the easiest way to find out is to stay here and find out for yourself. I am so glad you were able to stay with us, and that our team was able to assist you with your lost items. Encounters like yours are truly what we love about our jobs. Thank you so much for your time and for staying with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My family and I ended up staying here because of the nightmare at another hotel. I called while at the other hotel and explained my situation and the guy was so helpful he allowed me to book the room for the same amount as if I had booked it in advanced. We stayed here last year and enjoyed it but wanted a little bigger room since it was 2 adults and 3 kids. When we arrived he knew who we were and expedited checking us in. There was one issue that he handled by switching our rooms immediately, the television did not work. After the issues at the other hotel and the tv issue my son said if this is how our vacation is going to be let's go back home. .. Thank goodness that our stay was good. ..I would make 3 suggestions to improve the hotel 1. Put in a hot tub 2. Do not limit the towels to 3 sets if 4 people are staying there. 3. Extend breakfast on the weekends until at least 10:00 am.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Jessica,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay with us. I am sorry to hear about your troubles at another hotel, and I am glad to hear we were able to accomodate your needs. I also wanted to take a moment to address some of the suggestions you made in your review. As much as we would also love to have a hot tub on property, this is unfortunatly not a feature that we have any current plans to add, but as always, we roll up all guest requests to our ownership for their review. As far as towels go, we do provide 4 sets in the rooms as standard, but we are always happy to provide additional towels or any other amenity at the guests request. Currently our breakfast does run from 6:30am-10am each weekend, and we are happy to provide additional items past those hours if requested by the guest. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your suggestions, they are always appreciated.