“i think that this hotel got it going on.” 5 of 5 stars

Casulo Hotel
3.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   3017 South I-35, Austin, TX 78741   |
Ranked #97 of 182 hotels in Austin
austin tx
“i think that this hotel got it going on.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I was satisfied.The service was out standing. the room,s are so rad . the hot tub is so wonderful and the people were so nice and very helpful overall ill bed back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
dallas, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

You know the saying 'if it seems too good to be true, it probably is'? That sums up this hotel completely! Yes, it is cheap. It is by NO MEANS a 4 star hotel. I'd say 2 1/2 stars TOPS. It's like a 2 star hotel trying to dress up as something much better than it is. Here are the specifics:

- Hotel and rooms are dirty. The first room we were put in had a disgustingly dirty toilet, absolutely not cleaned. We asked to be moved and our 2nd room had sheets with faded red stains on it! ummm, your guess as to what it was but it was disgusting
- The water isn't filtered properly! This is so strange... you will never be able to get the soap off of you! I think it's a soft/hard water filter issue. Another example of corners cut.
- The walls are paper thin. We heard a dog barking all night and called down to complain assuming it was the people in the room below us but the front desk attendant let us know it was a dog from the apt complex across the street! keep in mind we had no windows open... the walls are just THAT thin.
- The hotel itself is dirty. There are stains on the walls, paint issues everywhere, random holes in the walls.

Basically, the owners of this hotel tried to make it look hip/trendy but cut A LOT OF KEY corners. If a hotel isn't clean, I don't care how trendy the furniture is, I'm not staying there! BTW, the furniture just looks trendy, it's clearly very cheap stuff.

All in all, I should have known better. It is super cheap. It's also a dump IMO. Would not stay there again. I'd rather stay at a Comfort Inn... at least they are clean! I would say that whether you like this place or not depends on your expectations and the types of hotels you normally stay at. For us, it was a no-go.

The one plus is that the staff is very nice and quick to fix issues (makes me wonder how much practice they've had!)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
CasuloHotel, Manager at Casulo Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2011
Dear valued guest,

We deeply apologize for your experience at our facility. We normally have very pleased guests who enjoy their stays thoroughly and we were disappointed to hear about your complaints. We welcome you to give our hotel another chance. We would love to change your opinion about our hotel, because we are very proud of it. If you choose to stay with us again, the owner of the hotel wishes to apologize in person.

We wish you the best,

Everyone at the Casulo Hotel
Laguna Vista, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

In planning my trip with friends for Halloween- I came across many great reviews of this hotel. The experience of booking a reservation was not so pleasant as they had a new employee working by himself and could not inform me on policies, etc. All was worked out and I was provided a better rate than listed online! I had doubts about this place, but when we got to the hotel it was very interesting to the eye. The 2 queen rooms do not have the see-through restroom,so go with that if your not only with your spouse. There are no microwaves in the rooms-only top floors have balconies. I love the oriental theme, but not sure of the soapy water from the shower goes with it. The restaurant and bar onsite were a convenient way to start off the night! The staff is friendly and privacy was respected. FREE BREAKFAST also! Just a few minutes from downtown! We will be back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We had two rooms, one with Japanese Jacuzzi and French Jacuzzi with the other, they were examplary. When I first enter the room,
the hardwood floor is very refreshing vs. carpets to others. The bed sheet and pillow case are soft and free of artificial fragrance, almost feel like home, to top it off, complimentary Breakfast
really adds to the value.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Casulo offer clean, new rooms with comfortable beds, big bathrooms, tubs, flatscreen TVs, free breakfast (although no fruit), free wireless (although spotty in rooms), GREAT rates. However, there are just some missing details that take away from making it a great experience. There are no bottles of water or snacks in the room, towels are small and not very soft, the decorations in the room are sparse and seem funny (my room had a Chinese script wall hanging and then a framed picture of Jimi Hendrix on the other side), room service and on-site restaurant serve Chinese food ONLY, and doors/windows were not well sealed-- I heard every noise from the hallway and pool outside my room.
The location is pretty bad- it is right on the side of the freeway. A few exits from downtown Austin, but still, NOTHING in walking distance. You really need a car if you are going to stay here.
That being said, the rates are fantastic, I just don't think this is a 4 start hotel. The small details could easily be improved upon, but I will probably chose a hotel with more amenities and better location the next time I visit Austin, even if I do have to pay a little more.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Convenient location (about a 10 minute drive to the Convention Center in rush-hour traffic), staff was very friendly and the rooms were newly renovated/modern. Free breakfast as well. Can't really ask for more for the price!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

Stayed here for a romantic night away from the kids and can't really fault the place. Had a Jacuzzi room which lived up to the pics on the website. The jacuzzi bath was wonderful and the bed (posturepedic memory foam according to the pleasant girl on the front desk) gave the best nights sleep ever. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. Free breakfast was basic but acceptable. Pool was smallish but adequate. Close enough to the delights of town. Did I mention the bed.............?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Casulo Hotel? Share your experiences!