“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #109 of 191 Hotels in Austin
United States
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Rooms are nice, amenities are great. Had small problem with the room and Danielle at the front desk was amazing and took care of us! I would stay here again. Pool and hot tub are also nice. Petite suite is lager than expected. Bathrooms are pretty amazing.

Room Tip: Ask Danielle for help!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I live in Dallas and we decided to get away for the weekend to Austin. We booked a room at Casulo Hotel because it had some good reviews. We were so excited for the trip because it was my first time going to the river in Austin!
Our weekend was completely ruined after we found out we were robbed inside of our hotel room while we were gone on Saturday.
Apparently the thief who came into our room and stole has a room key since the door was not broken. I lost a $300 value phone, two gold necklaces, a diamond cross (it was a very important gift to me), my Chanel parfume, my earings, sunglasses, a plain check, some cash, make up etc... (you can tell the thief is a female....). We contacted the front desk immediately and was told the hotel just fired someone in the morning due to stealing!!!!! We also call the policy to file a report and to investigate. My boyfriend uses the same phone charger as my phone, and the thief stole the charger alone with my cell phone. Thus my boyfriend couldn't use his phone at the hotel because lack of battery...we were starving and exhaulsted at the hotel because we had to wait for the policy department to call us back and we couldn't leave till around 11:00 pm that day to get food. My boyfriend was stressed out because his phone wouldn't work. I also, was very upset and felt very violated. I have travelled around the world and been staying at so many hotels in my life, nothing like this ever happened to me. My boyfriend and I were so shocked...we still are after three days has passed by without any update.

We are not impressed at all by the way the hotel handling our case. They apparently don't show much concern about the theft. We had to go back to Dallas on Sunday. Of course we paid the room the full price. They had not contacted me for any updates... I had to call them...I was only told that they had file an insurance claim...

The case has been submitted to a sergeant at Policy department in Austin. I just pray and hope that I can get my personal items back instead of insurance compensation.

All in all, I just wish to alert people who want a room in Casulo. This is serious that you don't know how safe your room is. Once your personal belongs are gone, they are gone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CasuloHotel, Manager at Casulo Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello Ms. Tingting,

We offer our sincerest apologizes for your unpleasant experience while at our hotel. The police report was filed immediately when this incident first occurred and it is currently under investigation. We will keep you informed any updated information.

Thank you very much for your patience,

Casulo Hotel Management
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here for about 1 week total and this hotel is in my favorite top 5 in the country - this place can be compared as far as the rooms go to the W - Times Square and The Lancaster Arts Hotel in Pa. Plush beds combined with some amazing tub/shower/jacuzzi options, makes this hotel a must stop while staying in Austin. Lighting is well done creating a different set of ambiances for every mood, super clean with an extremely friendly courteous front desk staff. The prices can't be beat for this level of service and design. Stay here, be happy, and enjoy Austin! Urban Chic all the way!!

Belfast, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We choose after review this privately owned and reasonable hotel. The photos looked like there had been some personal decisions made in the decor and the staff was given good reviews. We could not have been more pleased. From the moment that we were greeted by the young lady at the front desk, to the wonderful and gracious manager, to every member of the staff we were received with pleasant greetings and offers of assistance. The rooms were beautifully arranged and stylishly furnished and spacious. What a great value. Today we are three hundred miles away but are returning, once again to the Caluso tomorrow. We have determined that it is our target when in the Austin region. I highly recommend!!!!

Room Tip: The front desk is careful about room choices. They all appear to be in quiet locations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I found that this hotel was a perfect fit for me and my spouse's weekend getaway to Austin. The location isn't actually horrible. It isn't in the downtown area, but it isn't far away either. It's right next to the highway, at most five minutes away from all the action. I loved the fun, quirky decorations in the halls, and the room was really awesome. They decorated it with cool, romantic lighting. It was very clean, and everything had a very zen feel. The breakfast could have had more variety, but it had everything you needed. I found the stay to be very enjoyable, with very courteous and informing staff, clean quiet rooms, and the right atmosphere for a fun and romantic experience. On top of that, for Austin prices, what we paid wasn't hald bad either. I would definitely reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've stayed here the past couple of weeks and have really enjoyed my stay. The first night I was here I was in a king deluxe and loved the room and the hospitality I received. The room was top notch and the restroom was definitely a great addition to my stay (the teak floors and shower with rain shower head was amazing!). Absolutely have loved my stay here and will recommend to all my friends to stay here when they are in Austin!!

Room Tip: Loved the King Deluxe room for anyone wanting a get away!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Casulo Hotel? Share your experiences!