“Casulo” 3 of 5 stars

You added Casulo Hotel to your Saves list
Casulo Hotel
3.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   3017 South I-35, Austin, TX 78741   |
Ranked #104 of 184 Hotels in Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've stayed here the past couple of weeks and have really enjoyed my stay. The first night I was here I was in a king deluxe and loved the room and the hospitality I received. The room was top notch and the restroom was definitely a great addition to my stay (the teak floors and shower with rain shower head was amazing!). Absolutely have loved my stay here and will recommend to all my friends to stay here when they are in Austin!!

Room Tip: Loved the King Deluxe room for anyone wanting a get away!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love this unique hotel. However, it is not for everyone. Not your average Marriott or Hyatt. It is beautifully furnished in upscale and contemporary furnishings. The sleep experience is superb! Luxury bedding and mattresses. Staff is laid back, as is the hotel. The only shortcoming is the bar/lounge is rarely open, so do not expect a late night drink by the hot tub. Easy enough. BYOB. As for location, it is 10 minutes away from trendy South Congress, with bars, restaurants and shopping. This is the perfect stay for couples who want a romantic get-away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Really interesting rooms and high quality materials at this quirky Asian themed hotel. Good prices for the design you get. The tile work, Moen fixtures, great tubs, large rooms make the hotel stand out. But on a Sunday evening we could not get a bottle of wine for our anniversary night (bartender took the key home with him). Continental breakfast was just awful. Pastries from 7 Eleven? Good location. Good air conditioning. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Disappointing stay. Booked online as a boutique zen property with cocktail lounge and cafe, as advertised. I arrived to an empty parking lot and dark lobby. I booked a suite that included a hot breakfast. I asked about the lounge and was told it was no longer open. This wasn't disclosed at the time of booking? The room was decent but the carpet was worn and coming apart at the bathroom entry. Two dead cockroaches were found in the bathroom. The bed and pillows were comfortable. Before leaving, I checked out the "Hot Breakfast" only to find a continental set up. I was hoping for something cool but was sadly disappointed.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CasuloHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Casulo Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to express your feelings. Our Bar was recently closed for renovations and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. It has now been reopened and we have a new menu at our Cafe as well. All of our rooms come with a complementary continental breakfast, and the option for a made to order hot breakfast for a small fee.

In regards, to the maintenance issues observed they are being worked on. We hope that the next time your in the Austin area we given the opportunity to empress you and redeem ourselves.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Someone needs to read his or her Zen book again. Also, we were informed that the bar and cafe had closed (we were told not profitable) before our arrival, though both were still advertised on their website. Front desk agent was pleasant. No general manager on site to speak to (Friday at 5:00 p.m.), though I was told she would be there the next morning. Saturday, again, I was told she was not onsite. Stains on our carpet and ceiling. The room was large and comfortable. Serious freeway noises from our third floor room. The value was way off compared to the price we paid.

Room Tip: Major freeway traffic noise heard in our third floor room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrea

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us about your stay. We strive our very best to provide our guest with pleasant and memorable experience, while staying with us. Our General Manager is not always onsite due to the opportunely of expanding of hotel but we always have a Manager on duty to address any guest considers.
Our Bar and Cafe has recently reopened after renovations and renovations are currently being done on our rooms as well.
We would love the opportunity to ensure all your issues are addressed and corrected in a timely matter. If you are ever in the Austin area please give us the chance to show you we can do better.

Thank You, on behalf of the Casulo Hotel Staff
Kittery, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you don't need to be downtown then this is a super place to stay. The staff was very helpful, room was spacious, bathroom was awesome. Breakfast is basic but plenty of coffee! Location is a little tricky (only one way in) but easy once you know how to get around. I was only about 10-15 min from most places I wanted to get to not counting rush-hour traffic. I would say the only drawbacks would be: no restaurant on the premises, pretty much nothing convenient to walk to for meals and the constant hum of traffic - and silly guests that don't know when to stop drinking. But having said all that I wouldn't hestitate to stay here again and I will. I give it a thumbs up!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Casulo Hotel? Share your experiences!