“Will stay here again!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 183 hotels in Austin
Kittery, Maine
“Will stay here again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you don't need to be downtown then this is a super place to stay. The staff was very helpful, room was spacious, bathroom was awesome. Breakfast is basic but plenty of coffee! Location is a little tricky (only one way in) but easy once you know how to get around. I was only about 10-15 min from most places I wanted to get to not counting rush-hour traffic. I would say the only drawbacks would be: no restaurant on the premises, pretty much nothing convenient to walk to for meals and the constant hum of traffic - and silly guests that don't know when to stop drinking. But having said all that I wouldn't hestitate to stay here again and I will. I give it a thumbs up!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Beaumont, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I read so many reviews for this hotel and there were so many mixed reviews the ones that I read about the most was an awkward smells, them losing reservations, and things about the bathroom. I had the jacuzzi suite which I loved. I can honestly say this hotel is more for couples or just a solo person because of how the bathroom is see-though. Also, there were no strange smell and I came prepared with febreze and lysol didn't really need it. They were also nice enough to let me check in hours early.I enjoyed my time there the cleaning staff was friendly the staff was friendly. So I was surprised that all the negative things that was a constant on the reviews I didn't experience and I hope who ever reads this has the same experience I had.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
isle of man
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked the Casulo Hotel as it seemed to be closer to the new Circuit of the Americas, and as we were attending the MotoGP felt this was the best option.
The hotel we feel was not as bad as some reviews stated, our first room had a connecting door but we were moved to a room above the pool, the room was excellent, although there were a few points with housekeeping, these were only minor niggles really and did not affect our stay (front desk sorted these out for us).

Danielle on reception/bar was a delight, and nothing was too much trouble, she gave us a great Texas welcome and was never without a smile; on one occasion when the restaurant was closed she was more than happy to recommend a number of take-out options, one of which was Java Noodles, which was an excellent choice (as long as you remember the size of Texas portions!!). The staff member on duty was happy for us to sit in the hotel's dining area to eat our take-out and enjoy a drink from the bar.

The hotel was a good base for the MotoGP, the average taxi fare to the circuit was around $45, but we found this easier than hiring a car.

Austin has a great bus service and on the odd occasion we used it, it was great value at $2 for a day ticket.

Not a lot of restaurants nearby but found a pretty reasonable one at the Wyndham hotel up the road, and about 20 minutes walk down the hill and across the highway (with pavement - rare in America) was a friendly Denny's with a Starbucks close by.

As a base for the MotoGP, or if you were thinking of going to the F1 in Austin, we found the hotel well positioned and good value for money; the complimentary breakfast was fresh and always filling, the bagels, toast, cereal and fruit set us up for the day. Served from around 6.30am each morning so good to have before setting off to the MotoGP.

However, if you wanted to be close to Downtown's music and restaurants and did not have the use of a car, you might consider a hotel situated Downtown, but for our first trip to Austin and for the purpose of visiting the Circuit of the Americas, it was excellent value for money.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

It is a nice hotel. The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. The bathroon is the best feature especially if you there for a couples stay. It does have a small pool and hot tub. The workers are very helpful.

The con for me would be the location. If you are using a GPS, it will not find it and will put you nowhere near the hotel. We ended up using a nearby address and figuring it out after we got close enough to see it. Even though the hotel is nice and close to downtown I recommend staying downtown. That's where the action is. But if you are on a budget this is a good alternative.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Skovde, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotell looks really shabby on the outside, but boy is it cool on the inside. We hade big room with a supercomfy bed. And the cool part is that there is a huge glass window in the bathroom so you can see the shower and bathtub from the room. We loved it!
There is a free breakfast in the lobby, mostly carbs, but it was ok.
In the description for the hotel on hotels.com it says that the rooms have a view over the city, this is far from the truth, the hotell has a view over the interstate. It is located a bit fron the city center, but there is a bus just a 5 min walk from the hotel. The bus takes about 25 min to downtown and we thought it was great not to have to drive in and find and pay for parking. So we can really recommend the bus, and it only costs 2 uds for a daypass.
Only negative thing is on our last day they forgot to make our bed, and when we came home in the evening, housekeeping had left. We got a compensation in the form of free breakfast in the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This place was super disappointing. I had read over the reviews and although some said steer clear others were promising. So I booked it. It was my husbands birthday and I had planned out a huge surprise weekend for him and this hotel was included in the plans. I wish I would have passed.

The hotel is located near a lot of attractions in Austin. It is not difficult to find but easy to pass up as the sign just appears from behind a hill off the service drive. Upon check-in I decided to upgrade, putting complete faith in the hotel. I should not have do so. The front desk receptionist was polite and we made small talk. I was given my keys to rm. 300 and went off to find out that it was not ready. The room had not been touched by housekeeping at all. My husband and I were carrying a lot of luggage and had to go back down to the reception desk. An apology was given and we were given rm. 301. Better view but not better in a sense of cleanliness. The shower had mold around the caulk, the tub looked like it had not been cleaned from the last individual because there was hair in it, and to top it off the was GUM on the shower floor. (all ready been chewed gum and spit out) UGH! My husband just picked it up and went on about his business. The lighting in the bathroom was horrible. The was a vanity mirror light did not work so lighting was super dim. The bed was...wet.....yeah... I have no clue why the bed would have been wet.... The comforter was not wet but the fitted sheet was. Disgusting. The bed is also hard. There are "spots" on the couches and carpet. No time clock or alarm clock of any sort in the room. At the end of the night I put my food in the refrigerator from an expensive restaurant we had dinner at, just to find out it was never plugged in to begin with. So my food spoiled. So I ate the "breakfast" they had at the hotel and it was bad. Real bad not even worth typing out. Just know that children eat better than this when they make a bowl of cereal for themselves on Saturday mornings.

It was just one thing after another. I left the hotel feeling ripped off and tired when it was suppose to be a really good and relaxing stay. I ended up catching a cold from the confusing thermostat in the room. I will never stay here again. I hope everyone thinks twice or better yet doesn't even consider this place as an option to stay especially with the amount of money they require for a one night stay.

Room Tip: don't waste you money! run!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

“A potential ok hotel getting below average by its Untrained staff”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 NEW
I have stayed in this place 3 times not because it has been my first option but because everything as full during my last minute trips to Austin.
Pros:
- breakfast included
- parking included
Cons:
- EVERY TIME I make a reservation, they make it wrong. The first time they didn't reserve my room, the second one they call me to cancel my reservation a day before because they had made a mistake an the hotel was full, and the third one, I made a reservation for 2 rooms and they only reserved one.
- most of th staff at the reception desk know zero about customer service.
- even though the hotel is kind of new, they do cheap repairs on the walls, bathroom showers, etc., that make the hotel look very very cheap.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Casulo Hotel? Share your experiences!