“Classy!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peche

Peche
208 W. 4th St., Austin, TX 78701 (Downtown)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Peche is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 3,160 Restaurants in Austin
Description: Fine Dining and cocktail lounge
Midlothian, TX
“Classy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I visited Austin in June on a business trip and we stumbled upon this place! It was fantastic and we visited a 2nd time before our trip was over. The decor and atmosphere are fabulous and we love the vintage way the bartenders are dressed...it's like stepping back in time. The drink menu has some truly unique drinks on it and we enjoyed relaxing here. We will be back and I highly recommend to those wanting something much better than an average bar!

• Visited June 2013

Austin, Texas
“Perfect meal with my perfect man”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This place is amazing. Everything I have ever ordered here is flavorful and cooked to perfection. If I could eat here once a week, I would.

• Visited October 2013
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
“Beautiful decor and amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband, a chef, and I were really impressed with everything this restaurant had to offer. The pre-prohibition recipe drinks and cocktails were to die for and the food was spectacular! Our server was courteous and professional while being helpful with the menu. The interior of this restaurant is simply gorgeous. Come and fall in love with the old bar and their bartenders, and stay for epic culinary delights! By far the best place I ate at in Austin.

• Visited October 2013
Austin, TX
“Like getting punched in the mouth with a fist full of awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

If you're a foodie who enjoys culinary greatness and amazing cocktails, book a reservation at Peche. First and foremost, the service was fabulous. Our waitress not only knew the menu inside and out, I felt as if she was taking us on an insider's tour of the restaurant. First, we started with some cocktails. Peche not only serves Absinthe, they serve a gazillion varieties of the potent libation. Our waitress recommended the PEI Mussels as an appetizer and she was so right!

The PEI Mussles were served in a broth that made our taste buds jump on top of the table and dance (this is before the Absinthe was in effect)! I enjoyed the Smoked & Braised Pork Osso Bucco with braised collard greens and fontina polenta. This was a bone-on pork shank. O-M-G! My inner Viking slayed that dish like there was no tomorrow. My wife enjoyed the steak frittes with filet mignon. The red wine reduction sauce was killer. Oh, and those fries. what?!? To top it off, the ketchup was home made with pumpkin spice.

We finished off dinner with lemon meringue served in a mini mason jar with a side of blueberry ice cream.

Book a reservation, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pasadena, California
“Great food, cocktails, service and ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We've been to Peche 2 times now - once in the winter and once in the summer and would have to say that we truly enjoyed both visits. On both occasions we sampled some heavy appetizers - cheese plate, charcuterie, carpaccio, bone marrow with fries to name a few. Everything was excellent. My type of food! Like another reviewer said, the tables were quite empty but the bar was full of patrons. The service was friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is charming. Great cocktails. If you're looking for a beer though this is not your place. They only carry 1 beer. And the only other negative comment I have is that the noise from the live music club next door drowns out so,e of the coolness of Peche's ambiance. We will definitely go to a Peche again for the great food and drinks on our next visit to Audtin.

• Visited July 2013