“Very Reasonable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Austin

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Austin to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Austin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9102 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758 (Formerly Ramada Limited) (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #130 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Rochester, New York
“Very Reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was in Austin for one evening and needed a place to stay. I chose this based on the reasonable rate and favorable reviews. The location is convenient to get to the highway. It is impossible to get to the hotel from the highway, though; it's on the left side of a divided road. It takes a bit of backtracking to get to the parking lot. The desk staff were helpful and pleasant. Although the exterior of the hotel is a bit rough-looking, the room was large, comfortable and relatively clean. The bed was very comfortable. I discovered that I had been given a room with a jacuzzi bathtub--not requested, but certainly appreciated. The shower had good water pressure, although the shower head could have been a bit higher. The wi-fi was satisfactory. Although there was free breakfast, I did not partake. For the price and convenience...and now that I've figured out how to get there...I would return if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

It was close to my job and the price was reasonable. The person at the front desk was really nice so checking in was a breeze. What I need after a long day. Bed was comfortable and that's all I cared about during this stay. Will definitely come back again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
formerly new yorker
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Lets accept this is an Econo Lodge and not a Marriott or Hyatt. It perfectly does what it says on the tin. A regular Econo lodge with very clean and comfortable rooms. Very friendly and efficient staff members always willing to help. Strategically located near corporate parks and mall and great restaurants. I would stay here again if in the area again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tapan P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Austin, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you the comments. We appreciate your comments. It tells us that what we are doing our job to help guests out in every way possible. We very much appreciate this and hope to see you soon if you are in town.
McKinney, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Location, location, location, but only one out of the three was to our advantage on this our first business trip to Austin. The people were very helpful. They brought me a light bulb that they forgot to replace. They also gave us a spare blanket that was of good quality. We had our small dog for which they only ask a $25.00 pet charge. What they called a dog walk was just the thin strip of their trashy property border. I had to fight a discarded chicken bone someone had tossed out of his mouth. As far as continental breakfast was concerned, it was average. Being a vegetarian I found little that was nourishing for my taste.
The quality of the place also did not meet our standards. Besides the missing bedside light bulb the tub did not work; you could only take a shower. The towel racks were practically hanging of the wall and if the towels were of good quality the weight would have brought them down. The tub’s Jacuzzi was not working. They said they disabled them long ago. There was a hole in the wall where the cable for the TV comes out. No face plate. That kind of tackiness describes what they think is worth a couple of hundred if you book on the weekend. Fortunately we came during the week and the rate was $58.49 plus taxes. That kind of place is what I used to pay $29.00 for not that many years ago.
Exiting the hotel was horrible during certain rush hour times because of the divider so no left turn to our destination was possible.

Room Tip: West side room is quieter, but examine the room first. My wife asked for a blanket so she wouldn'...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Greeley, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed there recently and the stay was good. Some friends and I were on a road trip and we're looking for place to crash before we would hit the road. We arrived around 10 at night and the front desk clerk seemed a bit rude and didn't seem too happy about being there. But, on the bright side, the rooms were clean. Which was good, because, well, cheap motels aren't usually clean. All except for the carpet, it seemed a bit gross. I didn't want to walk around barefoot. Other than that, clean. The breakfast was good too. The guy in the morning shift was a nice fella. He was helpful and polite. Overall, it's a good place to sleep and not much else.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms in corridors, they're loud.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was treated very disrespectfully by the staff at the hotel. I was not allowed to even use the restroom prior to my check-in (mind you I was staying there for a while and the bill was over $300). In addition, I was charged extra fees for a person that was not even staying in the room. I will never stay in an Econo Lodge again. Please do not waist your money on dealing with these people. You will regret it in the long-run. The best thing about the hotel is that it was near a gas station that I could get some food. The food that they have in their place is not very good. Also, the internet is so slow that I could not even check email that well. It might be free but if is sucks, then it is not really a value.

Room Tip: The only difference between the regular rooms and the handicap rooms is that the handicap room does...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Austin? Share your experiences!