“A $29.00 Econo Lodge Now Costing Upwards from” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Austin

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Austin to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Austin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9102 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758 (Formerly Ramada Limited) (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #130 of 184 hotels in Austin
McKinney, Texas
“A $29.00 Econo Lodge Now Costing Upwards from”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Location, location, location, but only one out of the three was to our advantage on this our first business trip to Austin. The people were very helpful. They brought me a light bulb that they forgot to replace. They also gave us a spare blanket that was of good quality. We had our small dog for which they only ask a $25.00 pet charge. What they called a dog walk was just the thin strip of their trashy property border. I had to fight a discarded chicken bone someone had tossed out of his mouth. As far as continental breakfast was concerned, it was average. Being a vegetarian I found little that was nourishing for my taste.
The quality of the place also did not meet our standards. Besides the missing bedside light bulb the tub did not work; you could only take a shower. The towel racks were practically hanging of the wall and if the towels were of good quality the weight would have brought them down. The tub’s Jacuzzi was not working. They said they disabled them long ago. There was a hole in the wall where the cable for the TV comes out. No face plate. That kind of tackiness describes what they think is worth a couple of hundred if you book on the weekend. Fortunately we came during the week and the rate was $58.49 plus taxes. That kind of place is what I used to pay $29.00 for not that many years ago.
Exiting the hotel was horrible during certain rush hour times because of the divider so no left turn to our destination was possible.

Room Tip: West side room is quieter, but examine the room first. My wife asked for a blanket so she wouldn'...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Greeley, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed there recently and the stay was good. Some friends and I were on a road trip and we're looking for place to crash before we would hit the road. We arrived around 10 at night and the front desk clerk seemed a bit rude and didn't seem too happy about being there. But, on the bright side, the rooms were clean. Which was good, because, well, cheap motels aren't usually clean. All except for the carpet, it seemed a bit gross. I didn't want to walk around barefoot. Other than that, clean. The breakfast was good too. The guy in the morning shift was a nice fella. He was helpful and polite. Overall, it's a good place to sleep and not much else.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms in corridors, they're loud.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was treated very disrespectfully by the staff at the hotel. I was not allowed to even use the restroom prior to my check-in (mind you I was staying there for a while and the bill was over $300). In addition, I was charged extra fees for a person that was not even staying in the room. I will never stay in an Econo Lodge again. Please do not waist your money on dealing with these people. You will regret it in the long-run. The best thing about the hotel is that it was near a gas station that I could get some food. The food that they have in their place is not very good. Also, the internet is so slow that I could not even check email that well. It might be free but if is sucks, then it is not really a value.

Room Tip: The only difference between the regular rooms and the handicap rooms is that the handicap room does...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Deming, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The room was very comfortable and it was right off of US 183 so it was real easy to get to. I liked that it had a free breakfast and also the free wi-fi. I came to check out the downtown area and this hotel was not that far! The people at the front desk were really nice and I would totally stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Pearland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Checked in late for a last minute booking as I overstayed for a wedding in Austin. The clerk was behind a bullet proof glass window, felt like a convenience store in the hood. Room was tacky orange, outdated quilts, tile and grout were dirty, amenities very outdated. All I needed was a place to lay my head and get out of there. Lobby was disgusting, front desk clerk was disheveled. The pillows were comfy though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Nice room - especially for the price. Folks at check in & out were very pleasant. They held our luggage for us before & after our stay. This was very helpful as we were riding the local bus to sightsee. However about 5 I woke up. I went to the lobby (which was almost non-existent) to use the computer or watch TV & not bother my sleeping husband. The night clerk said he was not allowed to open the door until 7. I had my key to show him I was a guest. I don't know if this is actually hotel policy or if he just didn't want to be bothered. He wasn't sleeping. He was using his laptop. This policy should be changed. I ended up going back to my room which woke my husband. I give the hotel an average for service because the check in/out folks raised the bar. Otherwise this would get a zero.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Austin? Share your experiences!