“Very clean - great price!” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Austin/University/Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5526 North Interstate Highway 35, Austin, TX 78751   |
Ranked #120 of 182 hotels in Austin

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The place was fairly cheap,although next to interstate so was very loud, and hard to get to, outdated

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Do not book here!!! I booked a trip for the iheart radio concert at the end of March. My reservation was complete and confirmed in January. I got bumped from a flight and called the hotel to let them know I would not be checking in until the following morning, still ok with paying for the night I missed. Lupita at the desk told me I did not have a reservation and pushed me off to their corporate number. After an hour of bouncing back and forth between corporate and Lupita, I was told that my reservation had been canceled by the hotel because of a 300% rate increase from my original quote and that they would not honor my reservation. The rate increase happened because there were several events happening that weekend. I got no notification of rate increase or cancelation of my reservation nor did the booking company I used. Lupita was not helpful and refused to let me talk to a manager. She hung up on me more than once while I was trying to get all this straightened out. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Room Tip: "do not book any rooms here" "use another hotel for a good room"
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Austin/University/Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Austin/University/Downtown

Address: 5526 North Interstate Highway 35, Austin, TX 78751
Location: United States > Texas > Austin
Ranked #120 of 182 hotels in Austin
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Super 8 Austin/University/Downtown 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Super 8 Austin/University/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Super 8 Austin/University/Downtown, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.