“Milli is great!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #128 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Milli is great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were somewhat disappointed when we first arrived at the Super 8 - we had booked a smoking room online because it was cheap and available, and we thought that we could handle the smell for one evening. However, when we walked into the room the smell was overwhelming to our non-smoker nostrils and we did not want to stay. We went back to the front desk to speak to Milli and he went out of his way to find a solution for us, even though the mistake was ours and the hotel had limited availabilities. Our new room was clean and odorless. Great value for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Alachua, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Starting with the check-in I was very pleased. The desk clerk informed me since they were sold out the night before it could be a while to get a room. I considered cancelling my reservation but decided to see how she would handle the situation. I was extremely surprised when she told me she had spoken to the housekeeping staff and was expediting cleaning a room for me. The housekeeping staff was extremely efficient and thorough in cleaning the room quickly (she didnt miss a thing). The room was obviously well-maintained and with the exception of one spot on the carpet (people dont realize hot irons and carpet dont mix) the room was great. The next day I wanted to make a compliment to the manager and was very impressed when he took time to hear me out (most managers would assume it was a complaint and hide in the office). I know some Super 8 properties have a bad connotation but if you are visiting Austin I would definitely recommend trying this property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for one night on a trip to Austin and it did its job.
The room was clean with good A/C but a little on the tired side.

We arrived after a long journey in need of a rest & a bathroom a little earlier than the 3pm check in to be told by the ignorant "Jobsworth" on reception that Check in was after 3 pm and no exceptions and if we needed a bathroom then go to the local drugstore.

The other people on the desk were fine but a breakfast time the same man was on duty and inspite being told at least a dozen times that there was no coffee, the juice had ran out, there was no milk etc just sat behind his desk and did nothing about it. He is a disgrace!

The hotel though is about a 20 minute walk from 6th Street and you can sleep 4 in a room so if you're looking for a cheaper option then this place could be for you. Just don't expect any service if my friend is on the desk.

Richland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Needed to save $$. This worked well for business trip. 0.8 miles from convention center (walk down Red River St.) At bus stop. Plenty of inexpensive food on way to convention center. Iron Works on Red River near convention center is great BBQ and cheap. Frig, microwave, wifi, limited breakfast.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms more private.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

First chose hotel because of convenient location but it turned out to be very hospitable, helpful and informative could not have expected a better experience. Clean rooms great price and value, the staff was super great :) See or ask for Milli!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed 1 week at super 8 and I loved it. My room was cleaned throughout my stay including new bed linins as well. Anything I needed I got. Loved the free wifi and HBO. Also the free perks were awsome, microwave, fridge, free breakfast ect......I would definately stay again. Great low price.

Room Tip: smoking rooms are kind of in a private area which is cool so you don't feel like your offending...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Austin/University/Downtown? Share your experiences!