“Fun for the little kiddos” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 143 Attractions in Austin
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Kid-friendly nature center featuring a live beehive and a small zoo.
Austin, TX
4 attraction reviews
“Fun for the little kiddos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

This place is great for families with young children.

There is an indoor place full of bones, furs, stones, insects and more that they can touch and explore.

Outdoors there is what is basically a large sandbox with 5 or 6 pits that have hidden dinosaur fossils (non-removable). There are lots of shovels and brushes for the little explorers to go digging. If you go in the summer bring your sunscreen and hats because the pit area has no shade - In fact I would recommend going early or later not mid-day because it can get very hot.

The other attraction is there are some wild animals that were once pets that kiddos can look at - the only reason I don't rate this place as excellent is the animal enclosures are a little depressing - I wish they had done a better more natural job on this part.

The kids love this place though.

Visited December 2011

Mansfield, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011 via mobile

We really enjoyed our visit. Seeing all the animals was great, and the scenery was beautiful. Our grandson loved it. Very hands-on. Perfect for kids.

Phoenix, Arizona
40 attraction reviews
“Great family fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I went with my two kids ages 10 and 8 and had a great time. The center has an amazing information room with microscopes, bones and all kinds of plants and shells. The kids had a great time exploring in the room. They also decided to participate in the nature hunt. When we were out on our walk the kids were able to collect items and then learn about them at the center and then trade them for items to keep. My son got a paper wasp's nest and my daughter got a shell. We also visited the the small animal area, the wild bird area and the dino dig. It was a great time and free.

Visited June 2011
“Great outdoor fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011 via mobile

I took my two kids (8 and 10) for an afternoon visit. The kids had a great time. They have a very large visitor center with all kinds of bones, leaves, animals and more. They have a fun nature hunt where the kids collect items and then can trade them in for nature items to keep. My son got a wasp's nest and deer anteler and my daughter got some shells. The walks are nice. Great place to visit.

“Adventurous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

My wife and I took our 2 and 5 year old here. We had a blast. They learned about fossils, insects, and native animals to Texas. The Dino Dig pit was lots of fun. Were still picking sand out of my boy's ear.