“Great place!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 143 Attractions in Austin
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Kid-friendly nature center featuring a live beehive and a small zoo.
Mansfield, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011 via mobile

We really enjoyed our visit. Seeing all the animals was great, and the scenery was beautiful. Our grandson loved it. Very hands-on. Perfect for kids.

Phoenix, Arizona
40 attraction reviews
“Great family fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I went with my two kids ages 10 and 8 and had a great time. The center has an amazing information room with microscopes, bones and all kinds of plants and shells. The kids had a great time exploring in the room. They also decided to participate in the nature hunt. When we were out on our walk the kids were able to collect items and then learn about them at the center and then trade them for items to keep. My son got a paper wasp's nest and my daughter got a shell. We also visited the the small animal area, the wild bird area and the dino dig. It was a great time and free.

Visited June 2011
“Great outdoor fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011 via mobile

I took my two kids (8 and 10) for an afternoon visit. The kids had a great time. They have a very large visitor center with all kinds of bones, leaves, animals and more. They have a fun nature hunt where the kids collect items and then can trade them in for nature items to keep. My son got a wasp's nest and deer anteler and my daughter got some shells. The walks are nice. Great place to visit.

“Adventurous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

My wife and I took our 2 and 5 year old here. We had a blast. They learned about fossils, insects, and native animals to Texas. The Dino Dig pit was lots of fun. Were still picking sand out of my boy's ear.

Texas
“Dig a dinosour.. lots and lots of fun for kiddos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

My 3 & 5 year old gilrs just love this place.
It has a dino pit with shovels, brushes and everything needed to dig the giant dinousour bones. It also has a mini zoo, well it has few native animals, but they are always fun to see, inside the building the have tons of things to see under a microscope ...
butterflies, fosils, rocks.. bugs and more bugs... and its all free!