“One of the best Courtyards” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night's a Charm
Ranked #58 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Redondo Beach, California, United States
“One of the best Courtyards”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this Courtyard. The lobby and rooms have been recently renovated and are comfortable. The staff was very friendly and it is conveniently located near several places to eat (although you'll probably need a car to get there). I would stay hear again the next time I'm in Austin.

Room Tip: As for a room away from the freeway. Even then you may hear some traffic.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardAusNorth, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our wonderful hotel on TripAdvisor! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay while you were here too. The team works very hard to ensure that each guest is completely satisfied from check-in to check-out. In addition, they also do a great job of keeping the hotel up. The hotel just turned three years old last month and shows very few signs of it!

One of our newest features here at the hotel is our complimentary shuttle service! It currently operates Monday - Friday and takes guests to locations within a 5 mile radius of the hotel so they can enjoy our wonderful city!

Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Very clean, comfortable room. I have paid more for a lot less! Free WiFi, comfortable bed, & super nice staff. My only complaint, no fridge or microwave in room but we knew that before booking & booked anyway because of the great price. There is a microwave in lobby to use if needed. Lots of extra plug-ins in room for all your electrical gadgets. We will definately stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay here! We do offer a wonderful product and have quite an amazing staff. Just so you are aware, we do have some refrigerators available for use on a first come first serve basis right now. Soon, hopefully we will have them in all of the rooms as that is something that we are currently working on. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time out of your day to review us on TripAdvisor. We look forward to having you back the next time you are in Austin!
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I just wanted to let you know that I stayed in this hotel on the evening of 8-6-12 and had a great experience. The staff was especially knowledgeable and friendly. After a bad experience a few weeks before at a Comfort Suites in Nashville, TN, I was happy to be treated with such respect and to be shown appreciation for staying there. The first room I was given, smelled like it had been smoked in but I was quickly given a clean room w/o any hassle.
Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardAusNorth, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Susan,
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our wonderful property! As I have said time and time again, we pride ourselves on great customer service here at the Courtyard Austin North and will go out of our way to ensure each guest is completely happy!
In reference to the room smelling like smoke, we do have rare occasions where guests will smoke in the room in spite of the rules. We handle those as they come at us and treat the room for the necessary damages that are caused.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having you back again soon!
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed there for one night during a house hunting trip. The front desk person was very accommodating and gave us a room away from the I35. It was quiet, clean and very comfortable. All the room and bathroom equipment worked and looked new. There is a special place to print boarding passes and the wifi worked in our room. The bistro was good for breakfast, again very friendly service. We had just come from a JW Marriott and liked this place as much. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room away from the I 35. That being said, I do not know that any of the rooms are n...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us on Trip Advisor. Guest service is one of our top priorities and we want to ensure that each and every guest gets treated with the utmost respect and admiration!

Being that we are the newest Courtyard in Austin at three years old, we had the luxury of being built with the extra amenities and large open spaces that not everybody has. Should you need anything further, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team and we will be more than happy to help you
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed a night while visiting family in Austin. I prefer Marriott branded hotels and this was the cheapest in Austin on the night we stayed. Got in late and left early, so didn't experience much of the hotel beyond the room. Check-in was the fastest I've ever had and the front desk was quite pleasant. Room was nice and recently renovated it looked like. Bed wasn't the most comfortable I've experienced; it worked for the night but I've had better nights sleep. Room was pretty quiet - I was expecting much more noise since we were directly off of IH-35. Location was pretty boring with not much directly around at least walking distance. All in all, a nice quiet bed for the night near (but not in) Austin's excitement.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardAusNorth, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor, these ratings really help not only us grow and improve but, help fellow travelers as well!

Our team works very hard to maintain the look and appeal of the rooms to ensure they remain in the same condition they were when we opened our doors only three years ago! Being the newest Courtyard in Austin Texas, we have the luxury of being built with the larger rooms and wider common area space than a renivated hotel!

Being that we are in North Austin, it is much quieter than being in Central Austin. Due to the fact that we are restricted by the highway, we do offer a COMPLIMENTARY shuttle service that travels within a 5 mile radius of the hotel to several local shopping areas, restaurants, bars, and other area attractions!

Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time out to rate us on TripAdvisor. Should you need anything further, please feel free to contact a member of the staff!
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. The hotel is clean and comfortable - updated lobby, but it's close to the highway and the traffic noise comes right through the windows. The staff at the restaurant are very accommodating and friendly.I would stay here again, but only if i could get a room on the quiet side.

Room Tip: Get a room on the quiet side (non-highway).
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a comment on our Trip Advisor page. This site allows us another avenue to hear what the guests think of how we are doing.

In reference to your stay, I would like to apoligize for the noise from the highway that you encountered in your room. We make every effort to strategically place guests in order to avoid any noise disruption.

I would also like to thank you for complimenting the restaurant team. They work very hard to ensure each guest is satisfied with their experience.

Should you need anything further, please do not hesitate to contact a team member at the hotel and any of us will be more than happy to assist you!
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My local office booked me here, so I didn't actually choose to stay here, but I'm glad I did as it met my expectations. I'm already partial to Courtyards due to their room layout and business friendly atmosphere (free broadband!), and this was a newer one which was even better.

The lobby was an updated version with "The Bistro." Although I did not hang out down here, it's a place that is comfortable to do so, particularly if you are traveling with colleagues. Check-in was a breeze, very friendly and efficient desk clerk. She looked up my Marriott number based on my address as I didn't have my card on me. I grabbed a soda and bag of Skittles from "The Market" and I was on my way up to my room.

Good layout, there is a desk on wheels that you can pull out from the main desk and position yourself wherever you like within the room. Since the TV is immediately to the right of the desk, I pull it out and position myself a little further away so I can work while watching TV. Room was well presented and it had a new, fresh feeling to it.

A couple drawbacks to this place:
1) Location - unless you have a car (which I did not), you are essentially cutoff from all the restaurants on the other side of the freeway. No decent place within walking distance.
2) Iron in the room needed to be replaced - the face had started to corrode, and had I used it directly on my clothes, they would have been ruined.
3) Bed was a bit hard, nothing too terrible, but I didn't have a very restful sleep.

All in all, a good hotel to stay at while on business!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
FFISAusSo, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Kurt,

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate the hotel on Trip Advisor as we really do look at this. I am glad you had a great experience overall and that we could take care of your needs. In reference to your drawbacks, I want to personally apoligize for the inconvenience. We are aware of the difficulties involved in getting acros the highway to the other dining establishments so we have implimented a shuttle service which runs Monday - Friday in the morning and again in the afternoon. It goes anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. I am also in the process of going through all of the rooms and ensuring the aminities are up to standard as well. When it comes to the bedding, we are pretty limited due to Marriott's regulations of keeping items uniform across the brand but, they read these surveys too so, it is definitely something they should see.

We look forward to having you back when you are in Austin next time and if you need anything before then, please feel free to contact the hotel!

Been to Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane? Share your experiences!