“Discourage staying here at almost any cost” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Lodge of Austin

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Austin
Budget Lodge of Austin
9220 N I H 35, Austin, TX 78753   |
Ranked #171 of 183 hotels in Austin
Brandon8405
“Discourage staying here at almost any cost”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2009

Counter personal polite and helpful over phone and at check in.
No available ice for guests unless purchase 10lb bag for $2 per hanging sign at check in counter and confirmed by asking check in attendant. Considerably larger than average rottweiler (big dog) behind counter that awoke and perceived me as a threat. Dog was of the size and attitude that I was instantly concerned whether it had the ability or has ever jumped over the counter. I am a truck driver, and by no means considered a wimp. I slide my hand down my pant pocket to confirm that my pocket knife was in my pocket. He quited the dog but the dog still did not look happy. I asked if dog has ever jumped over counter and clerk said no but that dog has scared several other guests. Also added that the had another different dog at another location that has jumped the counter. If it was not midnight and if my employer had not already paid I would have found elsewhere to stay.
Notes about room- No personal lock on door only accessible by party on inside. (No chain style, latch, extra deadbolt etc.) No remote for tv. Variety of spots and stains on carpeting. Bed lower framing looks to be out of barn wood. Broken wall outlet covers. Gang lettering in marker on mirrors. Missing and broken tiles in shower area. Heat works, A/C does not on unit. No clock radio/alarm clock. Furniture and lamping older and poor appearance. Light above sink flickers does not fully illuminate. Small holes in walls/ wallpaper. Paint and texturing coming off ceiling in bathroom. Sheets appear clean, got undisturbed good nights rest however I will most definitely not be staying here again.

• Liked — I got a good nights rest
  • Disliked — Everything except a good nights sleep
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

3 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples

Been to Budget Lodge of Austin? Share your experiences!