“OUTSTANDING TRIPELATION” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kimber Modern Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Austin
Kimber Modern Hotel
Ranked #1 of 39 Austin B&B and Inns
Spring Branch, Texas
“OUTSTANDING TRIPELATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Ok, to be forthright there are quite a few really nice places to stay in Austin Texas.
I for one like to expect more. So, I seek from the crowd those few place that quench my sensibility and my scale for comfort and of course those that have exceptional service. Not forgetting points for style, ambiance and memory-making qualities, Kimber Modern Hotel fits into all of these "must have categories".
I like the keyless entry to not just my room but the hotel's main entrance as well.
It's so easy. I made an online reservation, paying a modest sum, a lesser sum than most upscale boutique hotels charge these days and upon arrival I must say, I fell into instant relaxation.
The staff is invisible, until you need something and then, there they are! It's akin to having a butler, silent but attentive, your very own Mr Carson or Mrs Hughes that know what you need even before you know.
Everything from good, branded beer and wine and snacks at happy hour, to a breakfast of handmade scones, expresso, a large variety of freshly pealed fresh fruit, granola and yogurt and much more, all inclusive of the room rate.
If at 2AM, after escaping the thrill of SOCO AUSTIN, you find there is still beer or a bit of wine left in the common area fridge, help yourself. Same with the expresso and tea or dig into a basket ball size bowl of M&M's, etc.
The rooms are the best part of the stay at Kimber Modern Hotel. They are so comfortable, large and styled to modern perfection. Perfectly comfortable beds, good linens, with "you are asleep the moment your head hits the pillow" pillows.
Floor to ceiling windows offer a bright scattering of natural light during the day or if preferred, for those mornings made to sleep in, drawing the drape cloaks the light to protect your privacy.
This hotel, with its innovative model of management and its sumptuous architecture, seduces every one of your five senses, starting from the moment you round The Circle and catch your first glimpse.
Yes, without doubt, I positively recommend this oasis, located just a stone's throw south from the heart of my favorite city in all the world.
Oh, I hate AC noise in hotel rooms. My room at Kimber Modern had a great AC unit that makes absolutely no AC noise. A first for me and I hope all that read my review have an opportunity to enjoy the same thrill.

Sid

Room Tip: I asked for a tour of the rooms... all are good rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
kvkAustinTx, Owner at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Sid,
Well I'm going to hire you to write the copy for our next hotel website. I am beyond thrilled you enjoyed your stay at the Kimber Modern. We built this place for folks just like you; people who appreciate the details and are tired of being nickled and dimed. Thank you so much for writing such an amazing review; you made my entire year!!! I was having a rough day and now I'm sky high!!
Best always,
Kimber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Walking distance to many locations you would want to see while visiting Austin. Amazing service, breakfast and afternoon happy hour are a real treat and make you feel like home. Nice cozy patio. Friendly staff, you get everything you need and yet you don't see many people around. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
kvkAustinTx, Manager at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
So happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your return visit!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have not stayed at many places where I could not find a single thing to criticize or to wish that something could have been better. The Kimber Modern rises to this level. It is certainly not for every traveler as this is not your conventional hotel. No check in or on site staff. You are basically on your own. But behind the scenes, all your needs are looked after in a centrally located common room that supplies drinks, breakfast, snacks, computer/printer, guides and books etc. Rooms are kept immaculately cleaned and turned down. Beds are wonderfully comfortable and the rooms are very quiet at night. Location could not be better as you are on a side street steps away from hip South Congress area which to me is the best area of Austin. Good bars and restaurants and shopping at your doorstep. Easy bus ride straight into the centre of downtown, which is walk-able (bit of a hike).
We absolutely loved our stay at the Kimber and would have loved to have just hung around in the central courtyard reading and relaxing if we weren't so anxious to get out and enjoy Austin.
Special shout out to Cassie and her whole team. Helpful, friendly, considerate of our needs.
I could go on, but enough to say that this is what all hotels should aspire to. Perfection!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review! You described us perfectly. Hope to see you again soon.
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

A few things I am learning about Modern style hotels, are that they have high quality bathrooms, coffee, and design! I love that the Kimber is within walking distance of the most popular areas of the city, but it's a little oasis at 3pm when they offer free cocktails (wine/beer/snacks) in their common area. The rooms are great. They said over the phone that the Orange room is smaller, but when we arrived I found it to be a perfect size for me and my husband. Parking was ok. They have 5 spots for 7 rooms, but we moved our car into a spot once one opened up. The staff and manager were extremely pleasant. The cost is a tad high, but it's wonderful in every other way so I felt good about paying for a great experience.

• Stayed May 2013
kvkAustinTx, Manager at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are Happy you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our Happy Hour and the quietude that we provide. Please consider us again if your travels bring you back to Austin.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed 2 trips to Austin- easy walking to everything- spotless-staff is available but never intrusive-fresh healthy breakfast- quiet with blackout drapes-white suite has private large deck shaded by a live oak- where i spent hours reading-huge bathrooms with baths for two-love the whole concept that you inter code and come and go keyless-

• Stayed April 2013
kvkAustinTx, Manager at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your review!! We love having you stay with us,looking forward to your return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Excellent location.Close to all good things on South Congress. Seamless checkin. Clean as hell. Modern, exquisitely decorated. Very well appointed with terrific amenities. Charming host-Cassie. Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
kvkAustinTx, Manager at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
What a great review! Thanks so much for taking the time, hope to see you again soon.
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Three girlfriends on an annual getaway stayed there and enjoyed the comfort of having a little space away from the Austin action (which we also loved). Great location! We walked all over and used our bus passes ($2 a day for all you can ride!) Stayed at the Blue House (a nearby property of Kimber Modern) and so enjoyed the house (2 bedrooms, 2 full bath, kitchen, front yard with chairs and table to relax with a drink and some socializing). The beds are very comfortable and dressed with v. good quality linen. Plenty of hot water, and special bath soaps and products on hand. We also had access to a very nice happy hour spread, and a generous Continental breakfast with excellent coffees, fruit, breads, spreads, etc. Cassie went out of her way to get us settled in. The modern look of the Kimber and the Blue House are warm and comfortable. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Tell Cassie what you need and she'll steer you straight.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
So glad you all enjoyed your stay! Thanks for taking the time to let everyone know. Maybe the Kimber Modern can become a tradition for you!

Been to Kimber Modern Hotel? Share your experiences!