“Unlike anything I've ever seen.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kimber Modern Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Austin
Kimber Modern Hotel
You added Kimber Modern Hotel to your Saves list
110 The Circle, Austin, TX 78704 (South Austin)   |
Ranked #1 of 40 Austin B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Unlike anything I've ever seen.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Nestled into a hill behind the legendary Continental Club, The Kimber sculpts modern architecture into the natural landscape, built around two oak trees. It's sort of unfair how perfect it is that they're in this particular part of South Austin, so close to so many classic spots and just far enough from the insanity of downtown.

While I've visited friends staying at the Kimber several times over the years, I just stayed at it myself for the first time. I had known the space and location were obvious winners, but I hadn't realized until now was how those were only two ingredients in the recipe. The service was unendingly great-- from the very warm and personal welcome at check-in to the constant but very discrete daily cleaning and tidying, to the gorgeous food and drink being put out all day.

The worst part was leaving the place. Next time I go, I'd like to camp out there and let the rest of the world fall away.

Room Tip: Red and White are the suites, and are amazing. The rest are pretty similar to one another, no losers...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
kvkAustinTx, Manager at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
We are so Happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return!
Cassie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Incredible experience, beautiful property, genuine and considerate staff and owners. When it comes to Austin hospitality, everything about the Kimber is second to none. Cannot possibly recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: Red room is gorgeous!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
kvkAustinTx, Manager at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thanks so much! We really enjoyed having you stay with us at The Kimber Modern. I admire the work you all do and look forward to your return next year!! -Cassie
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

What's missing in my hometown ? Kimber Modern for sure. I spent a wonderful journey with my friends there and will never forget it. I loved the common room, I loved the patio. I loved the calm, the squirrels. In here, you get to know your friends better. Nothing can be better than this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bonjour Nicolas,
We would love to open a Kimber Modern In Nice. Who knows perhaps one day!!! It was wonderful having you stay with us and a delight to meet your father. I hope your travels bring you back to Stay again. Thanks for being such wonderful guests.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I just returned from my 3rd annual stay at the Kimber Modern and as usual, am already dreaming of going back.

The space is an oasis, the staff are wonderful. Every time I bring new friends to join us as guests, they're blown away by the experience.

The Kimber Modern isn't just a hotel or B&B. It's a treat for all of your senses.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
kvkAustinTx, Manager at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
So great to get another review from your group. I was just thinking yesterday how fortunate the Kimber Modern is to draw creatives from all over the world who are not only talented but good people! As you know, another group arrived right after your departure and our good luck continues. Thanks so much for the review and please pick us again for next year! Carrie
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Kimber was the perfect place for a group of us colleagues to use together to enhance our time together during a conference. It is welcoming, friendly, and conveniently located. Add to that how clean and well-maintained it is and it's a fabulous spot to stay!

The rooms are cozy & well-appointed (and holy smokes- the shower was amazing!), the common areas are gorgeous, and the kitchen is a great place to gather at the start or the end of the day. It is definitely an uncommon place to stay, but is one you shouldn't skip out on if you're heading to Austin.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
It was awesome hearing you guys have your meetings, so creative, inspiring and authentic. Please come back! And big thanks for the review...Carrie
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I am writing this review on the plane, more than likely because the Kimber goes above and beyond in their service. Their manager hustled me into her car when I couldn't get a cab and I managed to make my flight on time! Not surprising that this was what she did given their culture - Kimber has managed to make a hyper modern, high-tech hotel have the welcoming feel and comfort of a country b&b. An awesome mix of cutting edge design and customer service. I definitely recommend and will stay again next time I am in Austin.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I am so glad you made your plane! Cassie said her "mom instincts" kicked in and she had to get you there. Thanks so much for the review. We love having your group, you all are a fantastic bunch of people. Look forward to seeing you next year.....Carrie
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

First off, this is not your average hotel/ B and B. It is better! The technology of letting yourself into the property and into your room is magnificent. I never recognized how just checking in is kind of a pain typically. The room was immaculate and inviting. A hand written note was there to greet me, which was a nice personal touch. I decided to leave a note back when I left :-) There is a gorgeous outdoor common area with a fountain and lounge seating, even hammocks wind down in. And the always open kitchen and eating area was more than I ever expected. There was always chilled water, self serve espresso machine, fresh fruit and other snacks and wine that was left over from the "happy hour" that is hosted in the evening.
I happend to leave to pieces of clothing in my room, and the owners were so kind in keeping it safe and then sending them to me once I had reached my final destination. You have to stay here!! Something you won't find anywhere else.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Green Room, perfect size for a single or a double!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
kvkAustinTx, Manager at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I am happy you made it to California safely and we wish you the best in your new life there. Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so Happy you enjoyed your Stay. Hope to see you soon.

Cassie

Been to Kimber Modern Hotel? Share your experiences!