“Fantastic for groups” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kimber Modern Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Austin
Kimber Modern Hotel
Save Saved
You added Kimber Modern Hotel to your Saves list
110 The Circle, Austin, TX 78704 (South Austin)   |
Ranked #1 of 40 Austin B&B and Inns
Seattle, WA
“Fantastic for groups”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Kimber was the perfect place for a group of us colleagues to use together to enhance our time together during a conference. It is welcoming, friendly, and conveniently located. Add to that how clean and well-maintained it is and it's a fabulous spot to stay!

The rooms are cozy & well-appointed (and holy smokes- the shower was amazing!), the common areas are gorgeous, and the kitchen is a great place to gather at the start or the end of the day. It is definitely an uncommon place to stay, but is one you shouldn't skip out on if you're heading to Austin.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
kvkAustinTx, Manager at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
It was awesome hearing you guys have your meetings, so creative, inspiring and authentic. Please come back! And big thanks for the review...Carrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I am writing this review on the plane, more than likely because the Kimber goes above and beyond in their service. Their manager hustled me into her car when I couldn't get a cab and I managed to make my flight on time! Not surprising that this was what she did given their culture - Kimber has managed to make a hyper modern, high-tech hotel have the welcoming feel and comfort of a country b&b. An awesome mix of cutting edge design and customer service. I definitely recommend and will stay again next time I am in Austin.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I am so glad you made your plane! Cassie said her "mom instincts" kicked in and she had to get you there. Thanks so much for the review. We love having your group, you all are a fantastic bunch of people. Look forward to seeing you next year.....Carrie
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

First off, this is not your average hotel/ B and B. It is better! The technology of letting yourself into the property and into your room is magnificent. I never recognized how just checking in is kind of a pain typically. The room was immaculate and inviting. A hand written note was there to greet me, which was a nice personal touch. I decided to leave a note back when I left :-) There is a gorgeous outdoor common area with a fountain and lounge seating, even hammocks wind down in. And the always open kitchen and eating area was more than I ever expected. There was always chilled water, self serve espresso machine, fresh fruit and other snacks and wine that was left over from the "happy hour" that is hosted in the evening.
I happend to leave to pieces of clothing in my room, and the owners were so kind in keeping it safe and then sending them to me once I had reached my final destination. You have to stay here!! Something you won't find anywhere else.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Green Room, perfect size for a single or a double!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
kvkAustinTx, Manager at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I am happy you made it to California safely and we wish you the best in your new life there. Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so Happy you enjoyed your Stay. Hope to see you soon.

Cassie
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Awesome!! Kimber Modern is an absolutely fabulous little B&B/Hotel. I felt as though I was staying in a close friend's home. The attention to detail and cleanliness was superb. Property manager Cassie is paramount in making Kimber Modern the lovely place that it is. The courtyard felt like being in my own backyard, very beautiful and peaceful. Forget the impersonal Four Seasons, Kimber Modern will always be my haven when visiting the lovely little friendly city of Austin. Kimber Modern is much more wonderful than I expected.

Thank you for providing such a great experience.

Lois E.
Atlanta, GA

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
kvkAustinTx, Owner at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for writing such a nice review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at the Kimber Modern. Please come back again, we are building another small hotel nearby with outdoor showers and tubs, private patios etc. Of course another modern building. Best always, Kimber
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Just finished a wonderful stay at the Kimber Modern - what an amazing place! Before we stayed here, I walked past this hotel and was so intrigued by the modern, structural exterior. It's mysterious and interesting but reveals nothing about what to expect once you walk in - it's like you've stumbled into some sort of magical, modern, zen space and garden. Kimber, the owner, and Cassie, are so hospitable, friendly, and genuinely interested in getting to know their guests. They were helpful with all of our needs and were a pleasure to talk to.

I'm usually not a fan of modern hotels and design but Kimber Modern manages to create an incredibly intimate, cozy ambiance akin to the kind you'd experience in a rustic, antique-filled spot. I was definitely surprised in the best possible way. The hotel itself is small - I think there are 7 rooms - which definitely adds to the intimacy factor. I don't know how they pulled off modern yet so cozy but it's really remarkable if you are as into boutique hotels as we are!

The outdoor space is designed for both socializing and relaxing - it's so rejuvenating just to sit outside while listening to and watching the glass waterfall surrounded by all the lush greenery and clean-aesthetic furniture. There is a common kitchen area which has a great coffee machine, superb quality teas, and yummy treats for breakfast and regular happy hours. Such a treat to have access to it at all times and make a cup of hot tea even in the middle of the night.

We stayed in the purple room which had a balcony, nice view of the street in the front, and soothing view of a garden on the other. Bonus points for the hammock just steps from our door. The room itself had a fairly minimalist feel but still very warm. The layout is designed quite well as we had plenty of space after unpacking suitcases and bags all over the room. While this normally drastically alters leftover space in most hotels, we realized just how well-designed the room actually was. The shower is huge with great water pressure and all the essentials you need are out in the bathroom. I am also a huge fan of Malin + Goetz products which is what Kimber Modern carries. And, the bed...so comfortable! I got some fantastic sleep here!

I really don't have enough great things to say about Kimber Modern. I have never written one of these travel reviews before but felt compelled to after staying here. The hotel itself and the hosts create a wonderful experience. It's no surprise they've had write-ups in major publications like the New York Times - although the articles and photos really don't do this place justice. It's an experience that you have to have for yourself to fully understand. I definitely plan on staying here again next time I am in Austin and will be recommending to friends and family. I hope to here more from these hoteliers in the future - they've managed to create a magical brand!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
kvkAustinTx, Manager at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We really enjoyed meeting you and look forward to your return!!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I travel often and have stayed in more hotels than I can count. This is by far, the best place I have ever stayed. I am in Austin for work and did not want a large chain hotel so found this boutique hotel/B&B on the web. It is more expensive than I usually pay for a hotel, but for some reason, that did not stop me. It is a very charming - very modern - set of rooms arouind a courtyard in the middle of the "funky" area of Austin, and feels private and secluded. I have a design background and cannot say enough about KimberaModern. The room was very nicely designed, with upscale and unusual decor, a deep soaking tub, a large walk-in shower with an rainhead shower. The products were special and the bath was conveniently filled with everything you may have forgotten - an extra toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, q-tips, etc... The idea here is that everything is included: wireless internet, all beverages (wine, beer, soft drinks, mineral water), a lovely self-serve breakfast, a comfortable communal lounge space that opens out into the outdoor patio complete with water feature, further blocking out any noise from busy S. Congress Street just 1/2 block away - with bars, cafes, restaurants, antique shops and cowboy boot places. Cannot say enough about this incredible find.

Room Tip: I was in the "white room." Pros: has it's own large patio and lounge furniture. Con...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

When we drove up at night we didn't know what to expect. The building on an extremely narrow street with parking on both sides didn't look very impressive. But once we got inside to the courtyard area, in the light of day the property was an oasis. While the decorating was a little too modern for me if I had to live there all the time, for a 4 day weekend, it was a lot of fun. This is not your typical hotel, no lobby or check in person was around. But once you get used to it,all the little details they pay attention to vastly outweigh the mild confusion. Comfy outdoor couches, chairs and hammocks in the courtyard under a canopy. Beautiful landscaping. Free cheese, fruit, wine and beer every afternoon and delicious but light breakfasts every morning. The manager and owner were joys to talk to. Perfect location for enjoying the fun of Austin. Would go back Ina second.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kimber Modern Hotel? Share your experiences!