“BEST LOCATION, EXPERIENCE AND VIBE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kimber Modern Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Austin
Kimber Modern Hotel
110 The Circle, Austin, TX 78704 (South Austin)   |
Ranked #1 of 39 Austin B&B and Inns
San Antonio,Texas
“BEST LOCATION, EXPERIENCE AND VIBE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

You cannot beat the location of this cool hip boutique style hotel.
It is right off South Congress and the great area of SOCO.
We walked to shops, restaurants, viewing of the bats under the bridge,
and all of the downtown area attractions.
BUT the main reason to stay here is the Kimber itself! The exterior has a cool modern edge but as you proceed up the entry steps you are immersed into a garden zen accompanied by waterfalls, hammocks and comfortable lounge seating.
You dont check in but are given a key code which allows your entrance into the hotel and lounge and your room.
In the early evening they set out munchie snacks and cool drinks; even had beer and wine.
It is self serve and comes with a stocked kitchen including a 24 hr barista machine we used late night for espressos.
In the mornings a wonderful organic breakfast was set out: yogurts, whole grain breads and bagel, granola , fruit and soy milk, regular milk etc... The best OJ ever!!!
There are newspapers, a MAC desktop and various readings on AUSTIN and its scene.
This place contains all of this for your room price.
The rooms are COOL! with wonderful bath products, robes, flat screen TVS and our personal favorite : A CEILING FAN!
We WILL be back and will spread the word about this incredible place.
BY The Way though, we did drive by the #2 boutique hotel the HEYWOOD(Kimber was #3) and
although it looked like it could be interesting, it was in a very UNDESIREABLE location!
and on top of that you would have to drive everywhere....(cause you wouldnt want to hang around those parts if you know what I mean....sorry Heywood!)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

It's very seldom I come across the perfect B&B and the Kimber Modern is in every single, possible way. We stayed for four nights and had a delightful time. It's a great spot, hidden away from the hustle and bustle of the SoCo area, but still quiet and peaceful in the evenings.

The Kimber offers everything a modern traveller could ask for. The rooms are pretty spacious, the bedlinen are prestine, the mattress not too soft and it's got large despensers of my favourite beauty stuff - Malin & Goetz.

The breakfast is great - fresh baked bagels, yoghurt, fruit, granola and banana cake. An automatic coffee machine for free use. A really nice touch was the afternoon happy hour where we could try some great cheese and interesting wine/beers.

The code system had an initial hiccup - we couldn't access our room due to a faulty code being put in - but Kimber the owner turned up within 5 minutes of us arriving to sort it out.

Room Tip: If I come again I would choose another room than ours (Orange) as I'm a very light sleeper and I...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We loved the Kimber Modern. Situated just off of South Congress in a trendy, artsy area that's just a short walk to the Continental Club, restaurants,shops etc sits this small boutique hotel most notable for it's bright and modern but warm design. The beautiful shaded courtyard just outside of our room was my favorite spot.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed in the White Suite, where there was a private patio. The bathroom was absolutely amazing, it was hard to get out of the shower, especially with the Malin and Goetz products. I couldn't imagine staying anyplace else next time I return to Austin.

Room Tip: No fitness center or pool, but happy hour every day in the common room and a very nice breakfast!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The Kimber modern isn't for everyone.
If you like giant hotels with swimming pools and all-you-can-eat breakfast buffets and brown scratchy bedspreads and bathrooms with bad lighting, don't bother.
If, however, you appreciate modern design, like the feeling that you're staying at your most tasteful friend's guest house, you'll love it! Clean, beautiful, peaceful, complimentary snacks, wine, beer and breakfast—what's not to love? It's going to make my next trip (where there's no Kimber modern) miserable by comparison. Kind of like flying coach on UAL after a steady diet of First on Virgin America.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

What a great find in Austin. It is a cool little place right off s. Congress. Felt like you were staying at your friends house. Loved it.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

My magnificent stay started immediately upon my arrival. I had booked the Yellow room, and the staff casually asked if I would like a free upgrade to the White Suite! Of course I would! This place was fantastic in every way. It was spotless! I NEVER take a bath in hotel tubs, but this one was so sparkly clean that I could not resist. The suite had a private courtyard, lots of quiet, and the complimentary beverages in the fridge were a nice touch. The hotel is a contemporary dream. The common courtyard was even more impressive than the pictures, and don't get me started on the free happy hour and breakfast! The breakfast food was displayed beautifully ----- fresh fruit, breakfast breads, boiled eggs, and juice in the fridge. You help yourself so you feel right at home. And the staff spent a good hour or more giving me tips on shopping (I was looking for unique furniture pieces), and printing off directions to each store! Wow! I was sad when I had to leave. From now on every trip I make to Austin will include a stay at the Kimber. And I even got to see the owner's dog Pepper sneak through the suite courtyard ------ apparently on her way to visit a friend next door :). I felt so at home here. Can I move in??

Room Tip: I saw the Yellow Room, the Red Suite and the White Suite. They are all fantastic, though the White S...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Kimber Modern Hotel? Share your experiences!