“Way Exceeded Expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center

You added AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center to your Saves list
AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 University Ave., University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78705   |
Ranked #42 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Way Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I figured this was just going to be a run of the mill conference center style hotel. It is, but it's so much more. My room looked like it was built the day before I got there. It was immaculate and the amenities were great. This is a very eco friendly hotel, but nothing is lost because of it. The staff was amazing. Friendly and helpful from the parking garage ticket taker to the room service delivery guy. Speaking of room service, I got back to my room late one night and got room service. It was one of the most amazing meals I've ever had. I can't say enough about this place. Friendly service, great location, great rooms and amazing food. Loved it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Whilst not the cheapest option you'll find for South By, The AT&T represents an excellent (shuttleless) hotel option.

Within walking distance of the carnage (make sure you walk home via City Hall at night - what an experience) this is a convenient option.

Avoid the pool - looks like it needs a good clean but apart from that, nice, clean with great staff - also a great place to grab cabs from helpful bell hops..

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
UT_Hotel, Manager at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear jsquizzared:
Thanks for the review of your SXSW visit. I wanted to let you know that we have recently improved our pool area so that is now more of the oasis that is needed to retreat to during a wonderfully crazy SXSW week (or any other time for that matter). Thanks again!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I bet you thought I was going to talk about my phone, huh? Well, I’m not. Okay, maybe I am – a little. We have been having major challenges with our cell signal at the house. AT& T just can’t seem to keep us connected no matter what they do lately. I think it’s because instead of fixing our cell tower, AT&T has been putting all their resources into the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center. This was a wonderful place to stay while attending a conference! The conference rooms were excellent and the breakout refreshments were very nice. My room was comfortable, quiet, had a great work desk, and fast internet. Our group had a couple of very good evening meals (and drinks of course) in the bar and were served by a great bar staff. If I have anything negative at all to say it would be that the lighting in the room was a little dim for my taste. I appreciate the energy efficient lighting and the fact that it softens the wrinkles when I look in the mirror… but it would’ve been nice to be a little brighter when I needed to put on my makeup. Our conference rates were quite reasonable, but when I checked into the regular rates for an upcoming business trip it seemed a little pricey to me. That said, I would still recommend the property!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Top rate hotel, and the location is ideal. You can walk to the capital, and are literally on campus at the University of Texas. However, it is expensive. We booked on Hotwire, and got a great deal, otherwise we would have not chosen this hotel. It's designed as a conference center, the rooms are great, lots of ammenities. One of our travelers went down to the bar in the evening, she said it was noisy, which was a negative because she was looking for a place to relax after a long day, but it did have French wine. Been to Austin many times, but would not stay again, prefer a better value for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

This was my second stay at this facility. The rooms, service and the food are excellent. I think this is one of the best places to stay in the city.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were here for a college visit, and stayed at this hotel because it was located on campus. It just is not worth the price! There are many hotels located within a few blocks of UT.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear B W:
We welcome feedback at any time and invite you to write us explaining why you feel your experience at our hotel wasn't worth the money. We feel that our rates are right in line with the other 4-Diamond hotels in town and always seek to provide great value to our visitors. If we need to be doing something more, please tell us. Thanks!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Really nice place. Did a four day training session and found the accommodations to be top notch. The catered food was well prepared, of sufficient variety, and they took the effort of marking gluten free and vegan dishes, of which there were plenty. The bar/restaurant downstairs (Gabriel's) was nice enough, as hotel bar/restaurants go. I had some food that was luke warm and some infused vodka that had lost its infusion (recycled fruit?), but for the most part, more than adequate. And it's about a $6 cab ride to downtown Austin (6th Street) so there's plenty to do nearby (unlike a lot of other corporate training sites…I'm talking to you, Q Center). The rooms were very nicely appointed, clean, comfortable, and modern. Sheets were of high quality and the mattress was firm. Front desk staff was downright excellent. Every interaction (even at 3AM) was pleasant and professional, even enthusiastic. In all, I'd recommend it highly.

Room Tip: The balconies off of some of the suites are glorious; you can see the capital, the stadium, and ever...