“King size bed was comfortable but small and shower had almost no water pressure” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Austin North

Hotel deals
Ranked #31 of 183 hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Austin Hilton Garden Inn North while in Austin for a state academic competition in which our son was participating. While I am a big fan of the Hilton chain, this hotel was not quite up to my expectations. First, the hotel is not in a particularly great location. It sits off of the highway at a fairly steep incline off of the roadway. The entrance is through an access road guard rail and because of the curve in the road, is somewhat difficult to spot as you're approaching the hotel. On a positive note, the hotel itself is quite nice and seems to be of new construction. The lobby is nicely furnished and while there is a restaurant on site, the lobby/dining area layout seemed somewhat cramped in comparison to what you would find at a regular Hilton. The room was also nice but the "king size" bed was more like a queen. The bed was quite comfortable and provided for a good night's sleep. My major peeve with this hotel was the water pressure in the shower, which was close to non-existent. The front desk person asked how we enjoyed our stay and when we commented on the water pressure, she said they had worked on it but were unable to find a solution. My guess is that this lack of pressure may have something to do with Austin area water conservation efforts, but there must be a better resolution than this. This was a disappointing response and I would say that this one issue probably served to taint my overall impression of the hotel. Overall, the hotel is newly constructed and nice. Unfortunately, the location, bed size and water pressure left something to be desired.

• Stayed April 2013
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize we did not meet your expectations. I understand your frustration with our location. The building itself is a little difficult to spot as you are approaching. We are glad you found the hotel nice and new. We opened our doors in May of 2008 and take pride in keeping our property clean and well maintained. I also apologize for your experience with the water pressure. This is definitely not an on-going issue and we hope you will give us another chance to prove it to you. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback!

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

When I checked in. I was greeted by Cinthia with the most welcoming smile and attitude I have ever encountered at a hotel. She checked us in and ensured everything met out expectations! She was also there throughout the week and was always a delight.

The hotel itself was nie too. Sleep number beds made sure I slept like a baby every night. I was just around the corner from the elevator and was worried about the noise, but had no reason to be. I found it very quiet the entire week I was there. It's nice to have the refrigerator in the room for beverages and the bathrooms were nice and clean.

The highlight if the trip was Cinthia, and the hotel just put the icing on by meeting expectations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience! We are excited that you found our hotel to provide "Top Notch Service and Accomodations"! It is great to hear you were able to take advantage of our Garden Sleep System beds as well as the in-room refrigerators. We are pleased to have Cinthia on our team, she is definitely an asset to our hotel and to the guest experience. We have shared your comments with her as well as the rest of the team. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit!

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

One of the great things about Hilton is that you know what to expect when you book into a HGI property. This one is no different for the most part. The one area where this hotel does extremely well is making you feel welcome and assiting you with any requests. Room are nice and new - again to be expected. I've stayed many times at this property when I call on customers in the area. However, I've noticed cleanliness is dropping a bit at the property. Maybe that is something which can be corrected.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are constantly striving to improve and the voice of our guests are our best resource. I am glad that we are able to provide the "typical" HGI experience, however we want to be the best! As you mentioned, we strive to make our guests feel welcome and assist with any and all requests through-out the stay. I apologize that you feel the cleanliness is dropping. We appreciate your feedback and hope to prove otherwise on your next visit. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again!

Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am a Gold HHonors member and have stayed at many Hilton portfolio hotels in the U.S. and overseas. I booked 5 rooms at the HGI Austin North for family and me for March 7 thru March 10. Everything about our stay was EXCELLENT! Rooms were clean, amenities were plentiful, all front desk staff members were extremely helpful, dining area staff was nice, breakfast was great, workout facilities were great, price was affordable, and location was convenient to the area of Austin that we visited throughout our stay. Will definitely return to this location for future stays and would highly recommend it to other travelers!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Caesar, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is great to know you felt your stay was "Excellent"! We strive to ensure every stay is an excellent one and we are happy to know we were able to provide clean and affordable accomodations while providing the quality of service you come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. We are looking forward to hosting you and your family again next year! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have a new favorite hotel when staying at the North end of Austin. The staff was super friendly - at the desk and in the grill. The room was clean and I like the bed with adjustable firmness (once I found the dial under the fitted sheet). The facility is great and very easily accessed from I35. It's a perfect location when visiting HP or others in the High Tech corridor - 10 minutes or less and against traffic! And you are in the middle of restaurants and shopping right there at I35 and Parmer. For even more choices, take Parmer to Mopac Expressway (10 min) and visit the "Domain" (a mixed use area with dining, shopping, and lofts).

Room Tip: Even though the hotel is on the highway (I35), my room was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for the review! We are happy to be your "favorite hotel" in North Austin! I am glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and adjustable beds. Our team enjoys making every experience a great one. I am thrilled that everyone here in Austin were able to provide that for you. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next visit!

Plano, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We only stayed 1 night, but it was a great stay. The front desk staff was helpful and courteous. The room was clean and spacious. Breakfast was fabulous! The chef prepared our food exactly as ordered and the service was outstanding! The young man overseeing the dining room was attentive, polite and professional. A very pleasant way to start the day! Thank you, Hilton! I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are happy that you found our staff helpful and courteous and your room, clean and spacious. It is also great to hear you thought our breakfast was fabulous! We think you are also fabulous and are looking forward to your next visit!

Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Some room issues. I had two rooms during my stay. Both had lamp shades that needed to be replaced (obvious - shouldn't be missed by housekeeping / maintenance).

Note: King rooms have shower only - no bath tubs. Apparently, this is some type of policy from HGI Corporate. I'm not a fan. I want a tub, not just a shower (personal preference here).

Location: Not close to anything in terms of walking distance. Very much a suburban Austin experience.

This hotel want to charge you now for "enhanced" WiFi access. Not clear what that will actually get you ($4.95 per DAY). There is a "basic" access for free. I'm using my own MiFi from Verizon, so I can't provide any feedback as to quality of either offering.

Ever since Blackrock bought Hilton things just aren't the same. Isn't it enough I'm paying $170 a night for the room? This development, along with the King shower only mandate has permiited me to conclude this was my last stay at a Hilton. I'm going to Courtyard from now on.

Room Tip: King - Shower Only Double Queen - Shower/Tub Odd Numbered Room face Freeway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize that your stay was not as expected from the Hilton Garden Inn. We certainly appreciate your feedback and are disappointed that you have chosen to stay elsewhere. If you would like to talk more about your experience, please fill free to contact me at the hotel- 512-339-3626. We would love to win back your loyalty. Thank you again for your review.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin North? Share your experiences!