“Typical Hilton Garden Inn quality you can count on” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Glenview, Illinois, United States
“Typical Hilton Garden Inn quality you can count on”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just completed a business trip to Austin and staying at this HGI. Clean quiet rooms, attentive staff, good breakfast, business center. Just what I expect when I choose to stay at HGI. If you stay there, it is a bit hard to find due to location on Frontage Road.

Room Tip: Although it fronts I35, I didn't hear the interstate at all. Might want to request a room not f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your comments! It is good to know that we are able to provide the quality you come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. We hope that you will stay again and give us an opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your review. We enjoyed having you and look forward to your next visit!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bridge City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband & I stayed in town this past weekend for Tough Mudder. The hotel was very clean & well kept. The receptionist, however, was probably the best part of our stay. She was extremely friendly & accommodating. We asked for dinner suggestions both nights & she gave us excellent choices. My only complaint would be that she give customers a heads up on the price - because one of the restaurants she sent us to was somewhat expensive. But, the food was fantastic & the atmosphere was perfect so ultimately, we were thankful for the suggestion. Great stay & we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments! The weekend of the Tough Mudder was definitely a fun one and I am very glad that you were able to take advantage of some of Austin's best restaurants while you were in town. You are correct, we should consider prices when offering recommendations in the future. We are always looking for ways to improve and thank you for the advise! We enjoyed having you and look forward to your next visit!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at the HGI on the recommendation of a colleague. Also, it is one of my company's approved hotels for travel. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Pros:
1. Very courteous staff. They called me by name on the second day. Always greeted me when I arrived, and were very accommodating;
2. The hotel offers a 'breakfast made to order'...essentially, you can order whatever you like for a hot breakfast. I always had egg white omelets and they were consistently very good. They also have a variety of juices, yogurts and wonderful FRESH FRUIT (pineapple, water melon, cantaloupe, etc.);
3. They have fresh baked cookies, coffee and fresh fruit in the afternoons;
4. The room service staff was very efficient and polite;
5. LOCATION - if you have a 24 Hour Fitness membership, they have one literally next door and it is hardly busy, EVEN DURING PEAK HOURS. Additionally, the staff there are exceptionally friendly. I recommend JT for a personal training session. He is awesome! Also, across the freeway, you have a variety of restaurants as well as grocery stores.

Cons:
1. The "pool" is extremely small and located right next to the entry. So, you really are on display. Additionally, it didn't appear to be very clean;
2. The maid consistently forgot to leave hand/bath soap, so I was constantly having to ask for soap;
3. The last couple of days, I noticed ants in the bathroom. It wasn't like an infestation, but it was bothersome;
4. I was on the non-freeway side of the hotel, but still could hear considerable noise;
5. The hall light comes in under the door, so I placed a towel there each night.

I am returning for work this upcoming week and planning on staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the non-freeway side are much quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments! I am glad that our team was able to provide an experience to remember. It is also good to know that you were able to take advantage of our Cooked To Order breakfast as well as our convenient location, directly next to 24 Hour Fitness. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in our pool. I have shared your comments with our Maintenance team to ensure the pool always looks it's best. I have also followed up with our Housekeeping department about amenities left during routine cleaning. We are always looking for ways to improve and definitely appreciate first hand information from our guests. Thank you again for sharing your comments. We look forward to your next visit!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here the night before checking into the W Hotel downtown. The bartender (and hotel overall) beat the W by leaps and bounds. The bartender gave us excellent service and he even stayed open later on a Friday night to bring us beer while we relaxed in the hot tub. As a treat for the Bachelorette party we were celebrating he brought us complimentary shots. This is NOT what we expected from a basic hotel on the Interstate. Also, the breakfast was the best we had all weekend. I ordered 2 eggs over hard and it came with steamed fresh asparagus with cherry tomato garnish. Who would have thought?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review! We strive to ensure that every guest has a great, unique experience here at the Hilton garden Inn. It is wonderful to know that our team was able to provide that for you. We hope to have another opportunity to shine the next time you visit Austin. Thank you again for the feedback. It was a pleasure having you.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Wasn't have any problem after we deal the price with the receptionist guy. He lets us sign the receipt which from day 1 to day 3 for 189.00. but when we check our bank online in the next morning, they charged us almost 500.00
Came down for a question and receive a very rude attitude from both the staffs and the Manager. they told us there's must be a misunderstanding and blablabla whatever excuses.. Even the staffs were lie and the manager dont even know how to talk right. wow.. we just sign what it listed. but they charge us double. After all, we check out with the rate of 189.00 per day. Lucky we checked our online bank and didn't stay there the whole time as planed. TERRIBLE..!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Property11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write yur review, I am sorry for the misunderstanding, normally when our staff quotes a rate that rate is a nightly rate. Please contact me here at the property if you would like to discuss the matter further. Jeff Nelson 512-339-3626
Jonesborough, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this HGI while on business. As other reviews have stated, the staff is so friendly. The rooms were clean. The beds were quite comfortable.

Only a few minor items to note:

1) the rooms on the side of the hotel facing the freeway can be a tad noisy with the traffic going by.
2) you should lay a towel on the bathroom floor because the shower enclosure doesnt stop all the water from escaping.
3) The cook who was cooking breakfast slightly overlooks eggs.

But these are all minor items. I'll certainly consider this hotel next time I visit Austin.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I chuckle at some of the bad reviews here. Let me start by saying i travel to Austin every other week for business, and for the past six months this is the only hotel I stay in, and can stay wherever I like frankly. The reason? The staff, the clean rooms, and welcome feeling i get, wothout fail, from every member. Firstly, I think people have confused the ultra friendly and accommodating staff with creepy, when they are genuine in their friendliness and actually take an interest in chatting up frequent travelers. Spending many nights watching a game at the bar with a killer Martini (thanks to Steve and Rex!) there are plenty of rude, wierd, and odd people also at the bar that got the same level of respect that i get Secondly, I have never ever seen a homeless camp in the parking lot, lol. Like almost EVERY other hotel, there are no AAA rates at peak times. As a diamond member, have they missed putting water in the room? Yes, once, and gladly handed me water with a smile and an apology. Every aspect of my bi-weekly stay is perfect or made perfect. One note, I find it impossible to believe that Jeff the manager was standing with his hands behind his back as I've seen him bus tables, freshen coffee, check people in, etc., at the drop of a hat. By the way, I would stop there for breakfast even if I wasn't staying there.

• Stayed July 2012
HGINorthAustin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! I am glad that you have consistantly enjoyed your visits here-we enjoy having you. It makes me proud to hear that our team has been welcoming and friendly each time you have stayed with us. We strive to make travel easy and comfortable for our guests.
Jeff Nelson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Austin North? Share your experiences!